Indiana Jones game set to be released in 2007

I was bored and browsing the Lucasarts main page and saw this little tidbit of information.

I wonder if Lucasarts will screw up this franchise as it did with some of the shoddy products in the Star Wars franchise. :)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Last Indy games were decent so have no fear :lol:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Last Indy games were decent so have no fear :blink:

The first ones were better..Fate of Atlantis is still oe of the best Adventure games around and I'd love them to get back at doing adventures...but I doubt they will..as they said,they won't do a game that doesn't sell well,and they belive Adventure don't sell :lol:

Now the last 2 games were good,that's for sure ,but I'd just want them to do a quest again. :-

Last Indy games were decent so have no fear o:)

Are you joking?

I have a tough time saying they rip off Tomb Raider since Tomb Raider was based on Indy to start with but they were pretty much the same as Tomb Raider and that was not good since its became a tired formula real fast.

Best way to make a Indy game is a hybrid of a adventure game with action sequences.

drakron.png

Forget this Tomb Raider clone crap business. If LA wants to revive the Indy series, they should go back to the FoA adventure roots which made the genre indomitable. However, 2d point-and-click adventures are all but obsolete (unfortunately), so my preference would be to emulate something like Beyond Good and Evil.

manthing2.jpg

Point and Clicks are not dead....

I can't belive that...half of my games are point and clicks o:)

I would surely buy another one..and I know a lot of people who would :-

I honestly can't view them as dead ot dieing...

Just look at games like Still Life or Vampire Story :)

Forget this Tomb Raider clone crap business.  If LA wants to revive the Indy series, they should go back to the FoA adventure roots which made the genre indomitable.  However, 2d point-and-click adventures are all but obsolete (unfortunately), so my preference would be to emulate something like Beyond Good and Evil.

o:)

Fanboy :thumbsup:

This sounds promising. I'll surely look into it. The last Indy game lacked depth, but the musics made the atmosphere so damn great.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Personally, I haven't played it, so I wouldnt know. My prior post was an extrapolation of jaguar's analogy, which admittedly I might have misinterpreted.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I thought Emperor's Tomb was fun.

It was a Tomb Raider clone, fun or not it looked LA was just going down Eidos road intead of doing something inovative, the fact they abandoned the new Indy direction just shows it failed its objectives.

My biggest grip was taking away the Nazis and replace then by sovients ... it simply did not feel right to me.

drakron.png

"inovative"

Innovative often = boring. I'll take fun, any day over 'innovative crap'.

As for the IJ game; doesn't sound like my type of game. If only it was a RPG... or a sports game..

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I played the Emperors Tomb demo which was alright but the Infernal Machine demo was much better (you can tell how much I love those Indy games). But since I haven't played more than 1 level of each game I should shut up. I am however looking forward to this new one and since I plan on getting a next-gen at launch I'll probably pick it up if its any good. Alas, the old point and click adventures are but a fond memory but there's always ScummVM.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

It was a Tomb Raider clone, fun or not it looked LA was just going down Eidos road intead of doing something inovative, the fact they abandoned the new Indy direction just shows it failed its objectives.

My biggest grip was taking away the Nazis and replace then by sovients ... it simply did not feel right to me.

Saying it was a Buffy clone would be more accurate, since Collective developed it using the same tech. Soviets? I was beating up Nazis and Turks.

Saying it was a Buffy clone would be more accurate, since Collective developed it using the same tech. Soviets? I was beating up Nazis and Turks.

Now that you bring up Indy and Turks...

Does anyone here remember the Algiers (I think), level in FoA...and the escapade with the red fez - ah, those were the days. :D

manthing2.jpg

Surprisingly, I've never played an Indian Jones game. Depending on early reviews, this might be a game I keep an eye on (even though 2007 is still quite some time down the road).

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Surprisingly, I've never played an Indian Jones game.

And here I thought you were a respectable gamer... <_<

I think you can redeem yourself easily, though. Aren't the old Indy games abandonware by now?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

And here I thought you were a respectable gamer... <_<

I think you can redeem yourself easily, though. Aren't the old Indy games abandonware by now?

I played Pitfall (the original version). Does that redeem me somewhat? :ph34r: