The color of your lightsaber?

What would your lightsaber color be?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What would your lightsaber color be?

• Red
    • Yellow
    • Green
    • Silver
    • Viridian
    • Violet
    • Blue
    • Gold
    • Black(unrealistic)
    • White(unrealistic)

I would wear a Matukai adpet robe and 2 lightsabers 1 standard, 1 short, both Viridian. In fact, I'm already doing this. I also happen to possess the best crystals in the game (Ultima Pearl, Personal Crystal LS, Kaiburr, and Ankarress Saphire, though I may occasionally utilize Nextor). I would be LS, since really I can't stomach DS (when I play DS I skip the majority of conversations and force-lightning everything in my path).

The way I see it, why attract undue attention to yourself?

It's too late from the moment you turn your lightsaber on.

Everyone and their brother and their pet Bantha is going to know who you are.

Queens of Naboo will change their travel plans in their own palace to avoid being in the same room as you.

The word "Viridian" is cool. Unfortunately, it's like a ghetto green.

So I'd go with violet myself. Or white/silver would be pretty neat as well.

Black is just too ... too ... 16 year old Metallica fanboy for my own tastes. Your milage may differ. :devil:

I don't know why but you can usually tell fighting style from the color of lightsaber. Usually the person who picks that color tends to have that style as well.

Red = Dark, either weak or strong, who can tell?

Blue = Very fast, and quite strong too

Yellow = Very aggresive and kind of simple, however usually outpowers opponents

Green = More calculating, usually more fast than strong

Violet = Female or badass moves that catch you off guard while you comment on how you think the blade signifies girliness

Viridian = Someone who is powerful, stands out more than others but has the uncanny ability to die

Any others I didn't mention is just because I couldn't really comment on them. I like yellow myself, looks really cool. Only I just can't see anyone wielding this color with much speed to compete with the stronger guys. I'd have blue.

in my opinion, the different colors are cool but they should also be rare.

9 out of 10 of the color crystals you see in the game should be:

green

blue

yellow

even for DS/Sith. That's right, if red lightsabers were more rare, everyone would be trying to get those.

The other colors: veridian, orange, silver, bronze, violet, black (would be nice...is in the EU) should be extremely rare (only one of each in the whole game).

That would be ideal, IMO.

===========================================

Quote:

"Red crystals are ordinarily unsuitable for lightsabers, since they are less stable than the customary green and blue crystals Jedi use for the blade generators in their lightsabers. However, red crystals glow in harmonic vibration when energized by the dark side of the Force. When energized in this way, red 'Sith' crystals can actually produce a stronger blade that has the rare potential to 'break the blade' of Jedi lightsabers, overloading the energy matrix and instantly burning out the saber of the unfortunate opponent. This rarely happens, but it is a known and frightening possibility in combat."

- Star Wars Insider, Issue #62

Quote:

"Red crystals are ordinarily unsuitable for lightsabers, since they are less stable than the customary green and blue crystals Jedi use for the blade generators in their lightsabers. However, red crystals glow in harmonic vibration when energized by the dark side of the Force. When energized in this way, red 'Sith' crystals can actually produce a stronger blade that has the rare potential to 'break the blade' of Jedi lightsabers, overloading the energy matrix and instantly burning out the saber of the unfortunate opponent. This rarely happens, but it is a known and frightening possibility in combat."

- Star Wars Insider, Issue #62

That's interesting. So if you are a light-side Jedi and use a red lightsaber, it should explode or malfunction or something? I hope they implement that in Kotor 3.

My characters are mostly light-side, and use blue crystals. I don't know why, it just feels right. I can't even remember which (if any) characters in the movies used blue.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

That's interesting.  So if you are a light-side Jedi and use a red lightsaber, it should explode or malfunction or something?  I hope they implement that in Kotor 3.

No. I would not interpret it that way. However, only a DSer can upgrage a red-bladed lightsaber and only if he is maxed out on the lightsaber creation feat tree (now that would be cool!).

The reason why the red blade has the potential of shorting out a non-red blade is simply because it is stronger...not because of alignment. It is just that only a DSer can manipulate the energies of the red crystal to make it lightsaber-worthy.

My characters are mostly light-side, and use blue crystals.  I don't know why, it just feels right.  I can't even remember which (if any) characters in the movies used blue.

I think blue is the "default" color (think Obi-Wan in SW and Luke in EBS).

I heard that the reason Luke had a green lightsaber in ROTJ is because green contrasted better with the desert set of Tatooine and that it was used outside and needed the contrast.

Red. Red looks the best. Followed by silver, then blue. Green only looks good when contrasted with blue, otherwise it looks sickly.

In KOTOR 1 does anyone remeber those two sith recruits practising dueling in the sith acadmey on Korriban? One with a single red lightsaber, the other doublebladed....that looked so cool.

Veridian? Black? Bah and humbug. Kids these days. The day I became part of the order, the fella offered me blue or green. No more.

(He was a tall man. English, beard. 'Blue or green?' he said, frowning. I told him I wanted a red one. 'Don't be idiotic', he said, 'it'll explode!'. I said fair enough and asked for veridian. He said, 'Padawan, I don't think that's even a word. Blue or green?' I left it at that and chose green.)

Orange is the way to go when you spark it up it looks red (from a distance)so you could walk round pretending to be a badass sith lord when all along you are just mashing the sith up and they wouldn't even know it.

I want a lightsaber that's dark blue shot through with silver streaks.

And I'd be neither completely Light or Dark. I'd have to invent a whole new 'side'.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Orange is the way to go when you spark it up it looks red (from a distance)so you could walk round pretending to be a badass sith lord when all along you are just mashing the sith up and they wouldn't even know it.

A whole new side of the force eh?

Now that sounds interesting

Would you be semi evil like scott evil or 1/3 evil like mini me

never managed to find the silver, viridian or gold lightsabers!!

but ill stick to the blue-the best!!

if you want a silver crystal, I believe Jorran the salvager has one on Dantooine.

after you save him and he gives you a reward, ask him if he has anything

else and he will sell you something for 1,000 credits. That something

is a silver crystal (everytime, I think).

Actually the only way I got the silver ligthsaber.. is by responding to Atton * lightsaber * conversation with * My lightsaber was silver like the thousand fountains in what ever...* then killing Atris and getting my old lightsaber back... don't even know about Daantoine and Naar shadar.. >_<

Actually the only way I got the silver ligthsaber.. is by responding to Atton * lightsaber * conversation with * My lightsaber was silver like the thousand fountains in what ever...* then killing Atris and getting my old lightsaber back... don't even know about Daantoine and Naar shadar.. >_<

well, yeah, if you kill Atris, you get whatever color lightsaber you told Atton about.

but I never kill Atris (not even the one time I played DS).