PS3 vs Xbox 360

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-x-19..._features_image

From what they gather, they're about equal in everything but processing power and I/O stuff, thats where the PS3 pulls ahead.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm going to be honest. I don't understand a damn thing that they're saying. I'm not too familiar with all the hardware specs mumbo jumbo. When I look at that stuff, I'm lost in the woods. All I know is that I'm buying a PS3.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Wow they're preaty similar...a slight advantage for the PS3...

but also the XBox2 will be launched earlier so they might make more money if they are ready for Christmas..

And of course the games matter even more...

Only time will tell :lol:

I like how all these news sites and xbox fanboys are saying the PS3 is a bitch to program for, while all the developers working on it are saying its easy.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well looking that MS big plan to beat PS3 sales is Halo 3 release ...

I rather wait a year to see a price drop and decent games being published before I start making a decision.

I think if the PS3 launch titles are the same as was reported earlier, Halo 3 will have no effect on the PS3 sales, and in fact Halo 3 sales will suffer because of it. Rumored PS3 launch titles:

Killzone 2

Metal Gear Solid 4

Grand Theft Auto 4

Gran Turismo 5

Devil May Cry 4

Various EA sports games (Madden, Fight Night, etc.)

Tekken 6

Possible Final Fantasy game

Now chances are MGS4 and Gran Turismo 5 won't actually make it for launch, and the FF game is only rumored, but at the rate Rockstar has been pumping out GTA games, GTA 4 is believable. GTA 4 + Killzone 2 + EA Sports = no reduced sales due to Halo 3 release.

Devastatorsig.jpg

"Now chances are MGS4 and Gran Turismo 5 won't actually make it for launch, and the FF game is only rumored, but at the rate Rockstar has been pumping out GTA games, GTA 4 is believable. GTA 4 + Killzone 2 + EA Sports = no reduced sales due to Halo 3 release."

True. of course, the rumoured $500 price tag for the PS3 as opposed to the rumoured $300 price tag for the x-box will..

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

True but we dont know how Sony will price the PS3, its a rumor and likely they are going to sell it in PAL and NTSC regions around same price as the Xbox 360 since they already know what happened when a console is considerable cheaper that another (PS2 price cut at XBox release).

drakron.png

I don't think Sony would risk a $200 price difference. Realistically it would probably end up with the 360 at 350 and the PS3 at 400.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I like how all these news sites and xbox fanboys are saying the PS3 is a bitch to program for, while all the developers working on it are saying its easy.

It's very likely that the Xbox is easier to program for. Unless, of course, Sony has created a magic tool that takes a single-threaded game that automagically performs optimal scheduling and allocation on the SPUs, which I highly doubt.

Any programmer would agree that programming for a 3-way symmetric multi-core with more or less traditional memory systems is without a doubt easier to nail than programming for an 8-way heterogenous multi-core with an unfamiliar cache hierarchy. The Cell definitely looks like it packs more punch, but to extract all that juice out of it would take a lot of optimization-via-trial-and-error effort for the traditionally-trained programmers.

Then again, Sweeney and his team supposedly came up with that magnificent demo in what -- 2 months? I honestly doubt that, but who knows... I could be completely wrong about everything.

-- Angshuman

Oh I don't deny that its likely the 360 is easier to program for, but that doesn't mean the PS3 is hard to program for, which is what all those xbox fanboys and "experts" seem to be saying, even though it contradicts what developers who are actually working on it say.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Hey, i don't really care specs... If Bioware or Obsidian or Bethesda will make games for Xbox 360, i'll buy Xbox 360.

I've bought an Xbox only for Jade Empire.

Besides, PS3 controller really really sucks! o:)"

centinexx.png

Hey, i don't really care specs... If Bioware or Obsidian or Bethesda will make games for Xbox 360, i'll buy Xbox 360.

I've bought an Xbox only  for Jade Empire.

Besides, PS3 controller really really sucks!  o:)"

Nintendo is the only one that got it right, including controller ports for Gamecube controllers with the Revolution.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I am not very impressed of the PS3:s controllers but they can never compete in the horror that was the N64:s. Those boys were NASTY and gave me and my friends some really bad aches in our hands and wrists.

BTW, did Sony lose the right to the old dualshock or something? Considering that the old PS2:s controller was one of the best ever, why would they change them so much?

I am not very impressed of the PS3:s controllers but they can never compete in the horror that was the N64:s. Those boys were NASTY and gave me and my friends some really bad aches in our hands and wrists.

BTW, did Sony lose the right to the old dualshock or something? Considering that the old PS2:s controller was one of the best ever, why would they change them so much?

Both the design of the PS3 and the new controllers are prototypes, which may very well be changed before launch. Sony did not lose the rights to the design of the dualshock, but I think they did lose a copyright infringement case, and had to pay millions of dollars to whoever invented the vibrating function.

I really hope they come up with some sort of adapters for the old PS2 controllers, because I, too, think they're the best I've ever tried.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Besides, PS3 controller really really sucks!  :)"

Me too. No game ever came out for the PS2 that I wanted that didn't eventually come out on PC...XBox has the Halo series and Jade Empire, so I'm sold.

And it seems that Sony usually has the best titles.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Besides, PS3 controller really really sucks!  :)"

Me too. No game ever came out for the PS2 that I wanted that didn't eventually come out on PC...XBox has the Halo series and Jade Empire, so I'm sold.

Was this supposed to be some sort of weird reverse sarcasm?

I can think of maybe 6 Sony titles that got ported to PC off the top of my head.

Most Xbox titles either get ported eventually, or are dual platform PC/Xbox titles from the start. :)