So what happened to the content patch?

this was posted ages ago now

Actually as previously stated, the music and movies were too big to include in this patch and will be released in a second patch in a few days.

So what has happened did I miss it somwhere, or are does obsidian exist in a parallel dimension where time is distorted by several weeks/months?

I mean come on how hard is it to say there is a problem with it we are trying to fix, or simply its not coming? This is getting pathetic.

It was sent to LA for Q&A, but as usual, it takes them a couple months to do the simplest of things.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Guest Dowie100

Dont worry Lucasarts just finished reading the readme, tommorow they start work on reading the installer :D its progressing

Yes it's quite pathetic..... this whole mess is ridiculous!! Both LA and Obsidian are very amateurish in the way that they are handling this situation! First the first patch gets delayed for an eternity and now the second patch is also delayed! And in both cases there has been no official statements regarding why there are these delays!

I'm actually anxious to see how Obsidian will handle NWN 2, cause then we will see if it really is LA who's to blame for the mess that is KotOR II! But if it turns out that NWN 2 has the same mistakes that KotOR II has, like an ENDLESS list of bugs and an absolutely terrible ending, then I hope to God that they crash and burn as a company right down to THE PITS OF HELL!!

What Mark means is that the major focus of  NWN was the toolset: the ability to create your own adventures. So I assume that it will be the same for NWN 2.

Well even though the single player isn't the main focus, that doesn't mean that it should be full of bugs and have a terrible ending..... right?

It's funny that last month we all joked "maybe there holding it for the release of Episode III"

It's a shame that a) we weren't joking that it would be that long, and b) the film has been, but the patch hasn't. I've rapidly lost faith in LucasArts but I'm holding judgement of Obsidian until I see some other games from them.

I think it's a bit strange. Star Wars: Republic Commando was one of the slickest games I've ever played. Right out of the box and no problems at all. Everything just worked great and it felt like it had been playtested to death. To think it's probably been trough the same Q&A testing at LA as Sith Lords... It's strange that one turned out a bugged mess while another so polished.

I think it's a bit strange. Star Wars: Republic Commando was one of the slickest games I've ever played. Right out of the box and no problems at all. Everything just worked great and it felt like it had been playtested to death. To think it's probably been trough the same Q&A testing at LA as Sith Lords... It's strange that one turned out a bugged mess while another so polished.

Well, I beat RepubComm in 8 hours (KOTOR is slightly more complex and lengthy o:) ). The droids liked to get stuck on door frames. My weapons all disappeared once........

Republic Commando is a play once and its over type of game, but i didn't like the fact that if you didn't have any EMP Grenades or Anti Armour weaponry and you get jumped by 3+ Super Battle Droids, you are pretty much slaughtered. (ie. Getting the Launch codes from the Core Ship springs to mind)

I don't see the point when your Advisor says to use this one commando to slice the terminal because he is supremely qualified, when it takes the exact same amount of time when you do it yourself.

They could have put in the special thing where if you used your Squad mates to do the slicing and planting bomb jobs, it would be completed faster....like 2x faster then you could do it...then i would see the point in having a squad with you, that only gets in the way when you throw grenades and basicly shoot your weapons.

What is the difference in difficulty?

Is it just the damage you take or is it your squad as well, because i have noticed that the squad lasts longer on medium then they do on easy. :/

I AM TIRED OF WAITING THESE PATCH

OBSIDIAN ARE A  BUNCH OF AMATEURS THAT ARE BORED TO MOVE THEIR LITTLE FINGER

Obsidian handed it off a couple weeks ago. Its Lucasarts thats delaying it now.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

wow... wow.. wait! So there actually IS a content patch in the running?

That's good news enough as it is... I thought they cancelled the content patch.

Well, if they have, they haven't told us about it.

There's no news from Obsidian, there's just ... silence ...

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

wow... wow.. wait! So there actually IS a content patch in the running?

That's good news enough as it is... I thought they cancelled the content patch.

There is no "content" patch in which parts of the game's plot are restored. There is only going to be a patch that improves the movies and audio. That is content they are talking about. Hopefully, there will also be patches to fix the remaining bugs, but quite frankly I've lost faith in Obsidian and Lucas Arts.

Well after installing KOTOR1 last night and hearing that soundtrack again it really is painfully obvious that somebody made a powerfully stupid decision with KOTOR2.

I just can't believe how long this is taking. I had a friend at E3. I should have had him ask that lead product tester guy wtf was going on. I forgot to mention it to him though.

My friend did record some very nice vids of Empire At War though. That game looks like it will be fun. Sorta reminded me of Rebellion with the overhead Galaxy map and all the EU ships. I love games with EU material!

And Lucas Arts is sitting arpund with their thumb in mouth :rolleyes:

Oh no, on the contrary! LucaASS Arts is working very, VERY hard to ensure that the movies really do play, and the sound really does play. If you were part of LucASS Arts Q&A team, you'd see this for yourself.

*QA employee*: Hey, can you hear the music?

*Another QA employee*: Ummm, I think so, let me keep listening, we've got to be absolutely sure.

*Yet another QA employee*: Ummm....I'm pretty sure it really is playing, I mean, I can like, totally hear music...

*First QA employee*: Are you sure it's music? All I hear is various instruments working together in an organized fashion. Are you sure it's really music?

*Second QA employee*: Well, it has to be music, I mean, that's what music is. Now the question is, is it the right music?

*First QA employee*: Well, we'd better send it back to Obsidian to have them check, then we can start the process over.

*Weeks pass*

*QA employee*: So, I geuss we better send that patch to Obsidian now.

*Another month passes*

*QA employee*: I just sent the patch to Obsidian...wait, whoa!! They just sent it back to me!! Man the're fast! I barely had a chance to finish my donut.

*Second QA employee*: Well, let's check it out next month...I am going on vacation!

*Another month passes*

*QA employee*: O.K., let's start checking the movies.

*Third QA employee*: Umm, o.k. Let me start the game.................damn pentium 2............

*First QA employee*: O.K., it looks like the movies are playing, but let's watch them a couple dozen times to be sure.....

*Second QA employee*: Yup, it looks like they are playing....well, I think they are playing......let's get our eyes checked, just to be sure......and make sure all Obsidian employees do the same......

*Third QA employee*: Yea, we need our eyes checked, then we can watch the movies another few dozen times just to be absolutely certain that they are really playing....man this is a tough job...

Etc, etc...into infinity...

How do you know Obsidian handed it off already? Just because they said they did? No offense but right now, I don't believe anyone about what is going on. At this rate though, I don't want Obsidian working on KOTOR 3 or even NWN 2. Sure, in the past they've all done some great things as individuals (the team members that is) but right now, they have no contact with the player base or anything. At least Bioware were always and still always on the boards, letting people know what is going on. How often do you see Obsidian people here? I rest my case.

Both parties are at fault in my book