Awful question

I think I just spotted a plot hole (gasp!) in TSL. How is it that Atton learns to understand T3M4's language so quickly?

He makes it pretty obvious that he can't understand 'that noise' on Peragus, yet on Nar Shadaa he speaks with T3 and translates his speech to the crew, and he argues with him in two cutscenes - the one about T3's 'head' and when you ask Handmaiden about playing Pazaak with him.

Can anyone come up with a clever explanation for this one? And does anyone else care? :)

Pretty good, actually. And quick. Well done.

He may also have been forced to spend time with T3 because he's the only one who can copilot the ship / use the navigation computer. Or something.

I think I just spotted a plot hole (gasp!) in TSL. How is it that Atton learns to understand T3M4's language so quickly?

He makes it pretty obvious that he can't understand 'that noise' on Peragus, yet on Nar Shadaa he speaks with T3 and translates his speech to the crew, and he argues with him in two cutscenes - the one about T3's 'head' and when you ask Handmaiden about playing Pazaak with him.

Can anyone come up with a clever explanation for this one? And does anyone else care? :)

Atton's a racist, so to speak.

The ugly truth is that droids are the slave race of Star Wars. They exist in servitude and nobody cares about it.

I always assumed that Atton could understand T3 earlier if he wanted to, but his dislike of droids made him not want to bother to translate what the droid was saying. Later on, he had to listen to the "cargo cylinder."

No Way :p ! Atton is a great charater :cool: but with our luck we'll probably end up with Sion's cross dressing, gay, twice removed second cousin Flabo <_<

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

Oh yeah I bet he'll be great at the Ebon Hawk christmas parties :D

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

That's the way I looked at it, too. Basically the same sort of thing as French people who speak English, but won't, if you ask for directions or whatever in English.

I know many french people who speak english and have no problem giving directions or whatever in english if you ask them 2. Just don't be an ass about it.

Drat, I suspected that might have come across the wrong way. Oopsie, bad me.

I actually speak French so it's never been an issue for me - I have found most French people to be perfectly polite and helpful. I was actually referring to the cliche - y'know, 'they speak English but won't help you'. Just cause it's a cliche doesn't mean it's true. A few people *are* like that. I think Atton'd be one of them.

'Sides, if someone marched up to me in the street and started asking questions in a non-English language, expecting me to reply in same language, I'd get a bit narky, too!

Not that this post now has anything much to do with droids beeping or anything, so...

I would pay a lot for a KOTOR game featuring Flabo as an NPC. An incredibly tall, cross-dressing throaty Scottish zombie would be superb. Espescially with a romance option.

That didn't have much to do with droid speak either, now I think about it.

Epicenter, I like the comment about Atton being racist. He is very prejuciced toward droids, and if you notice numerous characters call Quarren characters 'squid-heads' and mission refers to a Rodian as 'chuba-face'. Not to mention HK47's comedy hatred of humans. Star wars has always presented droids as having very human characteristics, but they are also born into the working class, unpaid and never treated as fully-rounded characters. I particularly dislike the quest on Dantooine in KOTOR1 where you encounter Elise Montagne's suicidal droid and your non dark-side options are 1) Send him back to her as she needs his help, and 2) Kill him because she needs to be separated from him. Couldn't you help him escape, for God's sake? Even a lightside Revan apparently has no regard for droid life. And neither, of course, does Obi-Wan 'Well if droids could trhink, there'd be none of us here, would there?' Kenobi. They can think, matey. They think you're a racist.

I worry about stuff like this, but then you see the way Bao-Dur's loathing of Mandalorians is sensitively handled, or how Juhani tells of how she was hurt by bigotry on Taris, and all is forgiven!

What the hell kind of discrimination would poor Flabo have to put with?

We are very sick people :)

Well since we have no lives :"> I guess its our job to be sickos :rolleyes: