Clear lightsaber color crystal!

should an invisible lightsaber color crystal be implemented into the game?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. should an invisible lightsaber color crystal be implemented into the game?

• Yeah! I can't wait to use it!!!
    • Hmm... I'm gonna have to think on this one.
    • HELL NO! Somebody ban this numbnut!
    • I wanna choke the living crap out of you...

Well what's better than a stealth lightsaber? You know how bright the blue, green, yellow, red, violet, etc colors glow so bright? A Jedi on a stealth mission at night in some dark place would be out of luck the moment he turns on his beacon-like lightsaber. Now with a clear lightsaber crystal, he can make kills with his lightsaber and still remain stealthy and undetected. Even better, when you're in a duel with another Jedi, they can't really see your lightsaber blade, so you can fool him by pretending an upper strike with your arms by twisting your wrist downwards during the strike and you cut his belly. Just needs a clear lightsaber color crystal.

Haha! You are impossible! :thumbsup:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I think the whole point about the Jedi is they are not Ninja; they don't do "stealth".

Maybe a Sith Assassin might employ some of the tactics you are so keen on, but Jedi should walk in the front door, and if it's barred, break it down. In broad daylight.

Jedi want to advertise their presence, in the same way a police car has bright blue flashing lights on it.

Nice try, though. I wouldn't mind differnt colours. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You should make a stealth mod for KOTOR TSL :thumbsup:

And what's with the poll results? Jeez people, get creative.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

I think the whole point about the Jedi is they are not Ninja; they don't do "stealth".

Maybe a Sith Assassin might employ some of the tactics you are so keen on, but Jedi should walk in the front door, and if it's barred, break it down. In broad daylight.

Jedi want to advertise their presence, in the same way a police car has bright blue flashing lights on it.

Nice try, though. I wouldn't mind differnt colours. :thumbsup:

What about in Episode II when Obi-Wan was on Geonosis? Remember the part when he snuck in and eavesdropped on Count Dooku and the droid people (don't know their names). Looked to me like he was employing stealth to gather intelligence. And how can you say they advertise presence? Why is it that in every movie they try to stay as modest as possible to avoid attracting attention? You could almost compare them to Special Forces. Some missions require SF personnel to dress up like indigenous personnel in a region, conduct their mission, and then slip out. If they did advertise their presence, they would be dead in a second. Same would go for the Jedi.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

I can imagine it is hard enough Wielding a blade of pure light, were the only weight is in the handle, without it being invisible also......I can just imagine the PC hopping around on one leg with no arms......Which would no doubtedly happen :)"

You wouldn;t know when the freaking blade was active. Also, it wouyld be difficult to direct since lightsaber blades writhe and contort during combat, so you may not know the shape or location of your blade.

Wouldn't it be just as easy (if not more so) to keep your 'saber in its hilt, so to speak? :(

It's not like you need your lightsaber on constantly if nobody knows you're there, and, should you be discovered, you can just thumb the on button and bamf! your weapon is ready.

Besides, wouldn't a clear color crystal just produce a bright white light? :)

You idiot you'd kill yourself with one of those plus you wouldnt be able to go stealth they could still hear it and then light up theres to find you

Ο κώδικας του sίτΗ

Η ειρήνη είναι ένα ψέμα είναι εκεί μόνο πάθος. Μέσω του πάθους κερδίζω τη δύναμη. Μέσω της δύναμης κερδίζω τη δύναμη. Μέσω της δύναμης κερδίζω τη νίκη. Μέσω της νίκης οι αλυσίδες μου είναι σπασμένες. Η δύναμη θα με απελευθερώσει. Μάθετε αυτό και θα είστε αντάξιοι της παρουσίας μου.

από μηχανής θεός

1022.gifsterb029.gifsterb025.gif

You wouldn;t know when the freaking blade was active. Also, it wouyld be difficult to direct since lightsaber blades writhe and contort during combat, so you may not know the shape or location of your blade.

You can always look at the on/off switch. And like every weapon, this does have its weakness and strength as well. Just that its strength outweigh its weakness in certain situations.

You can always look at the on/off switch. And like every weapon, this does have its weakness and strength as well. Just that its strength outweigh its weakness in certain situations.

Except that it wouldn't work. A clear color crystal would just give you a bright white blade, not an invisible one.

Well, I meant an invisible one. Energy and light are invisible, right? How about a lightsaber with no color crystal? Would that work?

Anyhow, clear lasers can be implemented into blasters as well for stealth. No more bright red or green tracer blasts to light up the night and give the shooter's position away. It's a wonder why they don't switch to projectile weapons like bullets. The only projectile weapon I know exists in SW is the Trandosian Accelerated Charged Particle (ACP) Array Gun in the game Republic Commando, which is like a shotgun thingy.

Well, I meant an invisible one. Energy and light are invisible, right? How about a lightsaber with no color crystal? Would that work?

Anyhow, clear lasers can be implemented into blasters as well for stealth. No more bright red or green tracer blasts to light up the night and give the shooter's position away. It's a wonder why they don't switch to projectile weapons like bullets. The only projectile weapon I know exists in SW is the Trandosian Accelerated Charged Particle (ACP) Repeater in the game Republic Commando, which is like a shotgun thingy.

A 'saber without a color crystal *might* work, but without knowing exactly what the color crystal does (aside from giving the blade a color) I wouldn't know for sure. But I think the blade would still be bright and white, there just wouldn't be a color crystal to give it a different color.

As for clear lasers, yeah that would work, but considering that you would still hear the blaster fire, and that there would still be some VERY obvious results when the shot hit, the usefulness of a stealth blaster would be limited.

I would guess that the reason you don't see projectile weapons (aside from missiles with high yield payloads) used much in the SWG is probably because even basic SW body armor can prevent a bullet from causing more physical damage than a fall to the floor would cause.

Hmmm... no crystal probably might not work. What about glass-colored crystal? That should make an invisible beam by using a transparent crystal. I'm sure there are some powerful lightsaber crystals in SW that are transparent, since they got green, blue, red ones already.

And yeah, clear blasters would have limited use, unless it's a sniper rifle. You hide somewhere, then you hear boom! And then you buddy's chest suddenly fries. And you look around but can't find the direction of the shooter because there were no tell-tale glowing blast? Even in RL, tracer rounds can be a disadvantage when it comes to that.

And a lot of people in SW fight without body armor sometimes. I doubt a Jedi can deflect all 5.56mm round coming at him in full auto from an SAW at it's cyclic rate.

A light saber isn't a laser weapon (and neither is a blaster; there's recoil visible in the movies and the "beams" don't travel at the speed of light and are not invisible (which they should be if they were a laser)). It's described as a Plasma weapon (sometimes described as a plasma beam within a forcefield). So, the trick to creating an invisible "light saber" would be to shift the resultant spectra of the plasma to the infra-red or to the ultra-violet (both extremes of the spectrum are invisible to humans).

Nice try, though. I wouldn't mind differnt colours. :ermm:

What about in Episode II when Obi-Wan was on Geonosis? Remember the part when he snuck in and eavesdropped on Count Dooku and the droid people (don't know their names). Looked to me like he was employing stealth to gather intelligence. And how can you say they advertise presence? Why is it that in every movie they try to stay as modest as possible to avoid attracting attention? You could almost compare them to Special Forces. Some missions require SF personnel to dress up like indigenous personnel in a region, conduct their mission, and then slip out. If they did advertise their presence, they would be dead in a second. Same would go for the Jedi.

Theres a difference between knowing when its best to be in plain sight and when its not...

Oh yeah and quit being such an arrogant guy in your polls... in an honest poll do you really need 2 whole options about yourself (and not on topic at all)

"Yeah! I can't wait to use it!!! [ 4 ] [14.81%]

Hmm... I'm gonna have to think on this one. [ 4 ] [14.81%]

HELL NO! Somebody ban this numbnut! [ 8 ] [29.63%]

I wanna choke the living crap out of you... [ 11 ]

"

Nice try, though. I wouldn't mind differnt colours. :(

Theres a difference between knowing when its best to be in plain sight and when its not...

What baffles me is why Obi-Wan didn't just jump down and kill Count Dooku, along with the trade federation owners. Then the leadership would be crippled, and the Republic would have an advantage. He missed an opportunity to win the war.

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

Nice try, though. I wouldn't mind differnt colours. :(

What baffles me is why Obi-Wan didn't just jump down and kill Count Dooku, along with the trade federation owners. Then the leadership would be crippled, and the Republic would have an advantage. He missed an opportunity to win the war.

Yes because sneaking up on a Jedi generally works out alright doesnt it <_<

I could see the logic behind it if Dooku was a weak opponent, but a roomfull of delegates and a Sith Lord doesnt exactly seem like a smart fight to willingly enter to me?

A jedi killing in cold blood without povocation? Sounds like a surefire way to get some DS points there...

True. But sometimes it needs to be done.

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

What a sick guy you are.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.