KOTOR 2 Frustrations

Alright, so here's my problem.

I'm having lots of trouble getting my characters to follow with me as a Dark Jedi.

Atton is no trouble because he's quite willing to go either way, even though his tweening towards the Dark Side makes his desire to become Dark a bit easier.

I turned Bao Dur and Handmaiden as well, but I don't use Bao Dur ever in the game, so it doesn't really matter. He's a wuss.

Handmaiden is dark, but I have trouble KEEPING her dark. Even though she's on the path to a Dark Guardian, she still whines and preaches whenever I do something evil in her presense.

I'm also having a monster of a time trying to turn Mira. I was under the impression that after so many "Influence Lost" moments, they would start to turn down the Dark path. I think this is wrong. I see no way to turn someone unless you Gain influence; this is frustrating because I want to turn Mira towards the Dark Side, yet in order to gain her trust to teach her, I must perform Light Side acts in her presense.

All I want is my little army of Sith, but this game is preventing me from achieving that.

Also, a little sidenote.

For the Wanted Criminals sidequest on Telos, I've found the criminals hiding in the Czerka office, and I watched them run away. I also found out for a fact that they're hiding out in the Restoration Zone. But where?! I can't find them anywhere.

Has anybody found them?

And, has anybody been able to get through that door in the Restoration Zone bunker which leads to the lower levels of the base?

That's another thing that frustrates me with this game. There are TONS of doors that say Private Door, or something to that effect, and you can never get through them. My big boggle is with that Lower Levels door in the Restoration Zone, though. Why would Obsidian put it there if you can't actually ENTER the lower levels?

Can anyone offer advice so my next game as a Dark Jedi doesn't seem so pointless and frustrating?

-Spacemonkey

The "wanted criminals" quest is the buggiest quest in the game. SOmetimes they don't appear at Czerka, sometimes they don't appear at the Restoration zone (they appear very early, just after your intial batch of mercs, they replace the 3 mercs on the descending path by the mines). Always accquire this quest just prior to departing for the restoration zone, and awlays save your game prior to intiating it, just in case it malfunctions. Who cares about DS companions, their alugnment affects NOTHING other than ability to utilize forcepwoers. Also, if you're DS, why do you possesss Mira? DS characters get Hanharr.

[sTART RANT] This was a great cause of frustration for me also, it really ruined the immersion in my opinion, that even after a major story point has occurred, they still loop the same old dialogue - Example - Visas, you kill her master Darth Ni (IN HER PRESENCE) and she still reels off the same old script <_<

The same with your so called apprentices, one would have been much better IMO.

Emperor: "Hey Vader"

Vader: "Sup my master <pffffffft> <pfffffffft>"

Emperor: "Fancy a quick game of Pazzakk? Republic senate rule mind you, I know I've dissolved it but it brings back memories!"

Vader: "Sure"

I mean come on! When I take on a dark apprentice, I want to teach him/her the ways of the dark side, not play fricken pazzakk(sp?) with them!! [/END RANT]

And the lower levels were dropped I think.

I think there is a fix on the Restoration Mod page for the Criminals buggyness.

And as long as you aren't TOO Dark at whatever the trigger point is on Nar Shaddaa, you get Mira then, as well (she's for LS and neutrals, Hanharr is for DS).

In my DS game, the same problems the OP is having with Handmaiden and Mira are frustrating me, as well. I constantly had to do nice things to keep gaining (or keep from losing) influence with them both, then do evil things when they weren't around to keep myself truly evil.

To respond to the title of this Topic.

Why do 2 Jedi Masters attack me when I killed the "Sith in disguise" Jedi Master Vrook. Why don't I have a chance to make up a story lying about Vrook that he turned to the DS or something. I mean, almost everyone on this forum hates Vrook. If Zez Kai Ell and Kavar were so open minded and so easily influenced by Vrook, then why can't the Exile influence them if Vrook isn't there.

New scene for Rebuilt Jedi Enclave:

Exile.. enters the Jedi Enclave

Zez Kai Ell: Where is Vrook

Exile: [Lie] O, forgot to tell you, he turned to the DS, tried to save him but as usual he didn't listen.

Kavar: Vrook, DS, no, Vrook would never turn DS!

Exile: [Force Persuade] I am telling you the truth.

Kavar: Yes, you are telling me the truth

Zez Kai Ell: Wake up Kavar, exile is using mind trick.

Exile: [Master Force Persuade] (Works with more characters) I am telling you the truth, Vrook turned to the DS

Zez Kai Ell / Kavar: You are telling us the truth, Vrook turned DS.

Exile: Now, we have to team up and destroy the sith

Kavar: Yes I suppose so. Let's destroy the Sith

Zez Kai Ell: Really, well Exile did everything right from the beginning. It's time we do things right too! Let's destroy the Sith.

Kreia walks in: What? do you actually agree one thing with the Exile?? NNNNOOOOO! I hate you, I hate the force. Me destroy you!

Exile, Zez Kai Ell, Kavar: Huh!

Exile: I guess she is the first Sith we have to destroy.

Master Vandar lives!

New scene for Rebuilt Jedi Enclave:

Exile.. enters the Jedi Enclave

Zez Kai Ell: Where is Vrook?

Exile: [Lie] Who?

Kavar: Good Point!

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

I have to say that the Influence system for DS confuse me to...

Eg. You just come from killing lots of innocents and then you have a conversation with... lets say...the Handmaiden about *the way of the Jedi is helping others when ever you can* so she gets influenced to Dark side ?

(Exile)- Hey Handmaiden.. I just killed lots of innocent people and I enjoy it that.

(Handmaiden )- Ohhh and what you think about doing such evil?

(Exile)- Is the way of the Jedi to try to help others when ever you can...

(Handmaiden)- Ohh I love you!! ;) you helping others.. I will follow you to the Dark side...

:huh::ermm:

i find it quite funny that you can have complete dark side mastery, and do one nice thing, you get light side points, and whoever you get influence with gets pulled towards the dark side.

Exile: ill help people wherever i can *light side points gained*

Handmaiden: oh gee, what a nice guy! *robes suddenly go black*

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

i find it quite funny that you can have complete dark side mastery, and do one nice thing, you get light side points, and whoever you get influence with gets pulled towards the dark side.

Exile: ill help people wherever i can *light side points gained*

Handmaiden: oh gee, what a nice guy! *robes suddenly go black*

Haha, :( very funny.

I am on Mlacor V right now, it is the first time I am playing and I know this is off topic but how do you beat storm beasts. (LS sentinel)

Oh and I've also heard something about the 'Kreia effect', if you have exhausted all her dialogue in a previous game (not essential) you can simply take Kreia with you as well as your opposite aligned character and she cancels out all others gain/lose influence.

I haven't tried this so it may/may not work all the time.

Another option anyway. :(