Your favorite KOTOR story arch!

Guest MacleodCorp

In the essence of storylines, which catagory or specific quest do you think was fullfilling:  

43 members have voted

1. 1. In the essence of storylines, which catagory or specific quest do you think was fullfilling:

• Star Maps (KOTOR I)
    • Sidequests (KOTOR I)
    • Bastilla's Mother Sidequest (KOTOR I)
    • The Bounty Hunters Side Quest (KOTOR I)
    • The Lost Jedi Masters (KOTOR II)
    • Sidequests (KOTOR II)
    • Turning Your NPCs To Jedi Sidequests (KOTOR II)
    • Collecting the Transport Parts On Nashadaa (KOTOR II)
    • Other (KOTOR I & List it Bellow.)
    • Other (KOTOR II & List it Bellow.)

Guest MacleodCorp

I know there was another post that had a similar question, but I added a Poll to this one. Within the poll there are more options than what the other poster had given, and they didn't have a poll included.

My favourite of the two was the love stories of KOTOR1. There were some equisitely written and acted conversations between Revan and Bastilla/Carth that you don't expect in either a Star Wars story or a game with such a lot of fighting.

I enjoyed the Star Maps and the Jedi Masters just fine, but both games, for me, really exelled themselves when they got into side-quests that had little to do with the main plot. The NPC sidequests in particular were great, as well as the almost-love story with Atton, Visas' redemption (on the light side,) and the hints of the relationship between Exile and Atris.

The bits about HK's previous masters deserve a special mention, too, I think. And maybe an Oscar. :)

I have to say, the conversations with Jolee were the best. I liked the main/side quests in KOTOR I better than KOTOR II mainly because they were more fun and adventurous. KOTOR II was lacking in this area.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Turning your companions into Jedi had the greatest potential, though it wasn't realised.

I liked the whole Revan's secret identity thing in Kotor 1, although I freely admit it's neither the most original nor the best hidden storyline ever. I think it worked well in a Star Wars context, and I still love the scene back on the Ebon Hawk after escaping the Leviathan, with the dramatic music playing in the background, HK's story and Carth arguing with all the other characters about trusting you. It's probably one of my favourite bits from any computer game.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I quite liked the side story about discovering Revan's fate after the events of KOTOR. Espescially the scene with Carth and Bastilla at the end, and the message Carth leaves if a female Revan turns to the dark side.

Juhani's sidequest. Helping her resist the DS and all it just one of my favorites. Just talking to Juhani is fun. I know a lot of people don't like her (why I'll never know) but I do she's number three on my list (Carth and Jolee being 1 & 2). :cool:

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

Remember the rakshasa, which was locked in this box, which you had to carry

to the hutt on tattoine, where that rodian on korriban told you not to look into it!

That was a freakin (w00t) quest!

The problem was that by saying "not to look in the box", it only motivated me too :D Nothing like solving some riddles to escape.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

I'd say Kotor 1 main story overall for the polish and because when searching for the Star maps there was a definite goal: finding the starforge and stop Malak (very starwars-ish) . In Kotor2, I never got really involved in the storyline and never felt any strong reason to look for the Jedi Masters other than to know what has happened and none of them had an answer. I would have expected the Masters to at least give me some pieces of information that would make sense put together but they all said the same thing: that they knew nothing...

I also preferred the side quests you had for your party members in K1: (Bastila's mother, Dustil, Jagi, Xor and the trial on Manaan). I think this was lacking in K2. Another thing I enjoyed in K1 were the convos with Jolee, Canderous

What did they do to him in k2? no more crazy war stories? How did he suddenly become so boring? Just a few words about Revan and how he became Mandalore, that's all when you get enough influence....if at least he would have had some funny stories about Revan.

, HK, Carth (arguing with him when playing female was hilarious. ). In K2 I failed to see the point in turning all your party members into Jedi....and once Jedi they would have nothing to say apart Kreia (I think her character was fleshed out very well).

Guest MacleodCorp

Bastilla's Quest and Revan's mystery was a very impressive move. I was driven into KOTOR I's stories very quickly. I allways had more than one sidequest rolling in KOTOR I, and that drove my intrest greatly. What is intresting is that the releationsip between Bastilla and PC was, a back and forth, master and padawan shift. At one moment, Bastilla was snubbish and preaching, and then she cracked, and the next moment, you had to take the reigns as master. Very impressive. At one point you were both equals. Regardless of how many sidequests you finish, and personal storylines you complete, the PC characters still had dialog.

KOTOR II didn't have those relationships, and at some point the conversations ended. If you turn one of your companions to a Jedi, they seem to have nothing else to say.

In KOTOR I, when you finish all the character dialogs, they didn't repeate themselves. In KOTOR II, that ticked me off.. Repeate.... I couldn't tell if there was more story arch to go through at times!

Bastilla's Quest and Revan's mystery was a very impressive move. I was driven into KOTOR I's stories very quickly. I allways had more than one sidequest rolling in KOTOR I, and that drove my intrest greatly. What is intresting is that the releationsip between Bastilla and PC was, a back and forth, master and padawan shift. At one moment, Bastilla was snubbish and preaching, and then she cracked, and the next moment, you had to take the reigns as master. Very impressive. At one point you were both equals. Regardless of how many sidequests you finish, and personal storylines you complete, the PC characters still had dialog.

KOTOR II didn't have those relationships, and at some point the conversations ended. If you turn one of your companions to a Jedi, they seem to have nothing else to say.

In KOTOR I, when you finish all the character dialogs, they didn't repeate themselves. In KOTOR II, that ticked me off.. Repeate.... I couldn't tell if there was more story arch to go through at times!

Well put :)

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

Guest MacleodCorp

"In KOTOR II, that ticked me off.. Repeate.... I couldn't tell if there was more story arch to go through at times!" - Quote from my own post!

Did anyone have this problem? I started to look at the responses, and I noticed sidequests that I have never played through in KOTOR II! I had no idea about some box you picked up from someone and you were told not to look in. Heck, I don't have enough information about the sidequest to understand it! :p

i liked the genohordian( i think) quest. thought i nearly freaked out on kashyk when i couldnt find him for about half an hour. and the training for a sith absolutly ruled :p

P.S. the box was in kotor 1 and you get it from some alien on korriban

It wasn't so bad! I prefferred it to some of the other sidequests.

Carth's was easily the best, but I hated the Sunry murder trial and Juhani's quest seems to have a bug in it - no matter how many times I try I can't get Xor to reappear - everytime I want to talk to Juhani about me being revan or about her past, I just this 'My Cathar blood seethes...' nonsense. Rant over.

Bastilla was one of my favourite characters from KOTOR - always hiding things from you yet appearing so naiive, turning to the dark side without you figuring it out because you're too busy trying to get her to go out with you. The stuff with her mother allowed for a nice look at Bastilla's dark side and her habit of protecting herself from the real world.