mandalore

If you play the first game, then taking off his mask regardless if he could would be stupid. It destroys the sole purpose of thinking " is sounds like him, but is it really canderous " which it is by the way. Go to google and type Canderous Ordo and theres your Mandalore after the Mandalorian War ect.

Actually the Mandalore is VERY handy with a riffle.. It's one of the best characters to use when you go to the Dexun tombs and you have all that Dark Jedi's to kill.. He give excellent fire cover when dealing with multiple targets.

But as a character.. he is just one more pet in your ship.. I think T3 over ranks him any time :ermm: ( you can have more interesting conversations with T3 then Mandalore )

You might say he is the most useless character but I do like him as a character. As a ranged character? Well, I have never tried that since his armor wouldn't allow much dexterity. I always give him 2 swords with the best upgrades, a Force mask and a good implant and I think that makes him a very good melee fighter. The most useless character for me is GO-TO. I think / hope the droid is blown to dust along with Bao durs remote on Malachor V. I do have a feeling though that we will see GO-TO one's more the next game.

Master Vandar lives!

I like his personality, but he's useless combat wise. Dual-weilding Ranged pistols are far more accurate, powerful , and efficeint, and lightsabers are surperior for melee. In fact, my 2 consistent partymember where The Handmaiden (maxed out Lightsaber and Dueling abilities w/ a lightsaber) and Atton (armed with dual pistols, even though he's a jedi). I rarely utilized Cnaderous in Kotor1, and I rarely utilized Mandalore in Kotor2.

I see canderous/mandelore as a melee fighter, but has the skill for a gun when the enmy is far. He's a tank, his sole purpose is to take mine damage, and to guard the team from heavy melee damage from bosses. I know how some feel giving someone with heavy armor such as mandalore a vibroblade or w/e, but the truth his, hes disaster walking with blades in hand along with the wookie, they will decimate people at times faster then my exile and wannabe jedi cronnies.

He's best as a Melee attacker

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

True. But it's a role player and you have to believe in the story. You can't have Mandalore using vibroblades. You just can't! I like to give him a hugely modified combat enforcer. Which also matches his outfit quite well!

Just give him good dexterity and tons of rifle feats. And an implant, and headgear and utility belts. He'll be shooting people like a champ in no time.

I don't much like to use him either. I usually build up Atton, Mira and Disciple to be just as good with a blaster, and I tend not to use characters from KOTOR1 as much as the new ones.

Mandalore is the most annoying character in K2 simply because you are, at one time, forced to take him with you for almost an entire planet. GOTO would be worse, except you never actually need to take him anywhere, thankfully.

He could have been a great character, but the writers forgot to give him any interesting interaction with you while he's a forced party member, so you just have to take him along because you need him to meet whoever it is he knows.

Maybe I'm weird in that I like to have 3 Jedi as my party, though?

In K1, once I am able, my party is 100% Jedi (Juhani, Bastila and/or Jolee). In K2, in my first playthrough, I was able to convert both Atton and Handmaiden (and could then replace Kreia for my all-Jedi party), and in my 2nd playthrough (which I didn't have the urge to finish, sadly, but got through Telos, Nar Shadaa and Dantooine), I converted all of them (and am Dark Side).

I guess the need for a ranged character would be better if the combat was difficult, but unfortunately it isn't. The only encounter I have problems with is the final Sisters fight and the Jedi on Dantooine, which are solo anyway (and I have not been able to beat the Dantooine Jedi without using mines, come close often, but never been able to finish him off straight up 1v1, but that could be my DS build).

He is a tricky one, that Vrook. But if you've got a lot of advanced medpacs you can kill him the traditional way.

I agree with you about being forced to takr Mandalore with you to Iziz. TSL seems to force you to take people into your party quite often. Much like the way various characters cannot change outfits or repeat themselves a lot, you get the impression Obsidian's writers were trying to tell a story rather than suggest one.

... you get the impression Obsidian's writers were trying to tell a story rather than suggest one.

Amen to that.

Regarding Mandy, I had him nailing Dark Jedi on the Ravager at 170 points of damage a pop with a rifle. Melee?? Pfft! :)

GOTO, when properly outfitted, can also do enormous damage with the Rapid Shot feat. I had him tearing stuff to pieces before my jedi guy could even reach them with his sabers. Add to that GOTO's talent for hacking computers, repairing droids, disarming mines and popping locks and I found him to be one of the most useful henchmen in the game. The funny voice and HAL9000 eyeball were just icing on the cake.

An all-Jedi party to me just seems like overkill. It's not like K2 was challenging or something. Heck, you could let Kreia tank through the whole game and kill everything with ease.

An all-Jedi party to me just seems like overkill. It's not like K2 was challenging or something. Heck, you could let Kreia tank through the whole game and kill everything with ease.

Sure, an all-Jedi party is overkill in K2. Pretty much any 3-person party is overkill in K2.

It just comes down to play-style, really. I would rather play with all-Jedi, given the choice, in a Star Wars game, than someone like Mandalore. Little to no party interaction with him is just another reason on top of the Jedi thing, as well as simply being annoyed that I'm forced to use him for a pretty long trip.

I liked Mandalore, I liked how he stayted quite. His presence spoke for him, people knew who the hell he was, and what hes about " oh ****, its ****ing mandalore" then rather in the first game, he was all aobut " im Canderous Ordo " except for that bit on Taris when the Vulkars were pissing in there pants when he cmae for the payments.

well Mandalore can be fully upgraded.. and I mean not only the weapon.. If you leave Mandalore with the default weapon ( that Mandalorian assault riffle ) it can be upgraded with very powerful staff, also the uniform can be upgraded with very heavy ammo..... and once he have that riffle and the uniform totally upgraded he

Someone on the boards once recommended equipping Mandy with a pair of Gamorean Cleavers. I tried it and it worked like a charm. He wasn't 100 percent on his hit ratio but when he did, he did major damage... :lol:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Mandalore recieved all ranged feats (including precise shot), possesed a fully upgraded Zersium Rifle (if they are upgradable), and possessed fully modfifed armor, with the alacrity implant active, and he still sucked.

My brother once gave Mandalore a cleaver and a trandoshan sword, and gave Atton the same along with some crazy, bulky silver armour. Atton was dark side too, so they looked pretty ridiculous following the Exile around.