Idea for new sneak attack weapon in KOTOR

Do you like this idea?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this idea?

• You're a genious! Whoa, how did you keep coming up with these great ideas???
    • Well, it seems you put a lot of thought into this, but I'm not sure it'll work. Sorry, maybe next time...
    • OMG- you are just so retarded! This is the stupidest idea I've ever heard.
    • Shut the hell up before I beat you to death.

Just an idea which I think can be nice if implemented into this game. Stealth will be more of a factor rather than engaging and killing horde of enemies at once by using a lightsaber dagger. You can do a sneak attack with a small lightsaber dagger and kill your foe silently, one by one. But not by slitting throat. Read on-

Slitting a human's throat isn't a silent kill. There is a myth going on about how slitting a human's throat with a knife is a silent kill. It is anything but silent. The enemy will gurgle a lot and thrash around until his brains run out of oxygen. They might even run into a tree. No, if you want a silent kill, you gotta put your lightsaber dagger at the indent at the base of your enemy's skull (bone is thin there) and slam upward at a 45-degree angle. You'll scramble his medulla oblongata and the motor senses are cut off immediately. Now THAT's a silent kill.

Althought different species have different anatomy (so you'll have to learn to cut different places with aliens), the majority of foes are human. So you'll know where to strike with your lightsaber dagger.

Maybe instead of going for a silent kill, you can turn on your cloaking device and sneak right up to your foe and strike that person with the lightsaber dagger somewhere up between the legs. He will be writhing in pain. (notice how this tactic would only work against males, hence I don't want to hear it from the feminists here this time)

The lightsaber dagger can also turn into a melee weapon if you get caught with your pants down. You can slash at foes and maybe perform limited amounts of blocks to blasters. Well hey, it's better than using your fists! It would only need one crystal because it is so small. You just pick the color. It would also easy to hide on your person due to its compact size. You can turn off the blade and shove the handle part up somewhere. Just make sure it doesn't turn on while it's up there.

And for those non-Jedi users who want a silent kill, you can always go for a mini-vibroblade dagger. It can maybe double as a vibrating device for interested males or females if you're careful not to cut yourself.

Think it would be really neat if a lightsaber dagger was added into KOTOR? It would really beef up the stealth portion and add new options of playing the game.

No, if you want a silent kill, you gotta put your randall at the indent at the base of your enemy's skull (bone is thin there) and slam upward at a 45-degree angle. You'll scramble his medulla oblongata and the motor senses are cut off immediately. Now THAT's a silent kill.

Gone crazy on one of your missions? :shifty:

You are one of the few who can silently kill with a sheet of paper, right?

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

I have never killed anybody, which doesn't prove anything and which I'm thankful for. I just been through some training in a business where people share some of their trades. Just thought that this could make a good new weapon in KOTOR.

I don't know... A lightsaber is meant to be a weapon of style, skill and elegance and as far as Jedi is concerned more of a defensive weapon than an offensive one. So with both those things in mind, the idea doesn't quite sit right with me.

I know what your saying is that there would be skill involved in hitting the right points, but that sort of skill would be a hard and sort of silly thing to work into a videogame I think. The idea of sneaking up on someone and jabbing a small lightsaber into them just seem to gel very well with me :- Too 'Splinter Cell' haha

I'll give you one thing though, your certainly an ideas man :)

- Dan

Sounds like a pretty cool weapon to have. Due to its small size, you could also use it as a throwing dagger. Go in ninja style 8)

I don't know... A lightsaber is meant to be a weapon of style, skill and elegance and as far as Jedi is concerned more of a defensive weapon than an offensive one.  So with both those things in mind, the idea doesn't quite sit right with me.

- Dan

True, but then again you have to think about the Sith Lords. To them, the lightsaber is a more offensive weapon, so more unelegant and ruthless tactics would be used. :)

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

I think the only idea any sillier than most of the ones you have come up with (including this nonsense) was Weiser Cain's 'Lightsaber sweater-Vest' and that was a dig at your legendary lightsaber gun idea, I truly hope these 'bright' ideas of yours are tongue in cheek.

Well hmm, I suppose it would. Though I don't want another bashing by the ladies, but just thinking of it, ouch too. Well hey look on the bright side, it can be a way of getting rid of Star Warts if you happen to pick a romance with the wrong person.

uuuh.... No Comment.... uuuhh...

:thumbsup:

You do know that you can change the length of some light sabers if they were made that way. I'm pretty sure either Luke Skywalker's green or Anakin Skywalker's blue saber had the ability to change length drastically.

Well a lightsaber dagger's advantage to a regular lightsaber is that it is much more compact, which means smaller handle (just barely enough to grip it with your fingers). And I suppose smaller handle + smaller crystal + smaller lens = smaller blade

Well I'm sure Eddo didn't deserve all that bashing. His threads are hilarious so what do ya want?

Besides we have lightdaggers already. T'wilek lass Sinya uses them in Darth Maul comic (look at scans).

post-1577-1116365865_thumb.jpg

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Actually those look like shot lightsabers to me, even they are daggers, when he said daggers I was thinking of hte blade taking hte shape of a scimitar or osmething. I always thought jsut lightsabers were boring, I always think of why they dont make saber katars, or something like wolverines claws ect.

Heh-heh... Funny that...

But no... Although I like that tactic of 'removing the obstacles', and it was one of the things I would've liked soo much to be in TSL, I very much doubt that someone would go so far as to make a Lightdagger...

It's just not Star Wars... ish... Not SW at all...

As it was said, the Lightsabre is more of a symbol and less of a weapon. And would definately not be considered as a mere tool of sith assassins (I can't even imagine a Jedi wielding such a... thing)... And that is was this lightdagger sounds like...

Heh, I can hardly stand the short lightsabre... Think of how the lightdagger sits with my idea of what lightsabres are about...

So no, a vibrodagger would work for me. Not as compact, perhaps, but I simply can't set such... corruption of the Star Wars universe in my mind to accept the lightdagger-wielding assassins...

Meh... But the info on the better way of silent-killing was... educating... I can grant you that much... Heh-heh... yeh... :)