How would you have written the Star Wars sequel?

Ace

Looking at only the first Star Wars movie, how would you have written the sequels? Be at least semi-serious. :shifty:

Based off of the first movie, I would have had a continuation of the Luke-Han-Leia love triangle as Luke continues to aid the rebellion to win Leia's heart while Han attempts to weasel his way out of it despite knowing that he's now a wanted criminal by both Jabba and the Empire.

Luke decides to continue training as a Jedi and is forced to delve into the lost Jedi archives on the capital world of the Empire itself. All the while being hunted by Vader, who realises that only someone who could command the Force was able to destroy the Death Star.

Vader's obsession to defeat the last of the Jedi leads to his hunting down the rebellion, but leaving the core worlds weakened and open to ambitious Admirals who wish to seize the Imperial Throne. Functionally Vader is the true power behind the throne of the Empire.

Han and Leia travel to the capital to settle his old debts with several crime syndicates, only to find himself having to escape from their clutches as they attempt to turn him in.

Luke then learns a dark secret, and prepares to travel to the world of the Sith where he will learn the same secrets of the Force Vader used to destroy the Jedi order.

Han escapes from the capital world, and has to evade the Imperial fleets descending on the capital to seize it.

All the while Luke lands on the barren and acid-scorched landscape of the Sith homeworld and walks into a forgotten temple of great darkness. Vader is waiting for him, and the lightsaber duel ends with Luke mortally wounded.

Since I have a thing for punisher-type characters, I'd have Luke find a holovid of his father being killed by Vader, and have a saber battle between Luke and Vader after this where Luke overpowers Vader and proceeds to kill him in the same manner as Vader killed his father, in front of Han and Leia, horrifying and shocking them in the process. Not quite sure where I'd go from there. My version of star wars would inevitably collapse into a pile of bloody eviscerated corpses as a lame excuse for a sci-fi death fest with lightsabers. It'd have an NC-17 in the states, and an 18 in Britain. ;)

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I think I'd do it pretty much how it was done. Only I'd replace the Ewoks with some sort of crazy savage warrior tribe.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Vader being revealed as luke's father is a classic movie moment and really adds depth to the story!

Leia being luke's sister - meh <_< .It wasnt developed enough The payoff is well done but the exposition of it was terrible.

I wouldnt touch ESB. Thats done perfectly IMO. In Rotj id take out any singing and change the ewoks into something less cute. In a new hope i would just remove all the cheesy whining lines (mostly from luke). And possibly redo the Vader vs obi scene to make it seem like vader has a real beef with kenobi as opposed to just a mild irritation.

The prequels would need an overhaul - but its too much to go into.

Vader being revealed as luke's father is a classic movie moment and really adds depth to the story!

Leia being luke's sister - meh <_< .It wasnt developed enough The payoff is well done but the exposition of it was terrible.

I wouldnt touch ESB. Thats done perfectly IMO. In Rotj id take out any singing and change the ewoks into something less cute. In a new hope i would just remove all the cheesy whining lines (mostly from luke). And possibly redo the Vader vs obi scene to make it seem like vader has a real beef with kenobi as opposed to just a mild irritation.

The prequels would need an overhaul - but its too much to go into.

The way I interpreted the question was if I was the director, how would I have made it? If I'm making it, then George Lucas isn't making it, and if I've not seen Lucas' version how would I know that Vader is Luke's father, in order to put that into my version?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I was under the impression that GL was originally going to have Wookies instead of Ewoks. Not sure, but I think budget and total lack of decent ideas made him settle for the lame RotJ.

ESB can't be topped. It has perfect pace and doesn't rely on special effects, even has humour and romance: rare to pull that off in Sci-Fi, especially for GL (think Jar-Jar and Anakin/Padme).

The prequels should be forgotten as a mistake asap (and probably will be one Episode III comes out, which will become the only prequel for the series: wtf do we need to see a toddler Anakin? Why?).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

No second Death Star. (The first one blew up. How stupid are those Imperials anyway?)

Luke and Leia NOT related. Maybe some other Skywalker, as originally planned, instead.

Lucas not involved with the production of Episode VI. :-

The prequels need to be pretty much nonexistent.

I don't feel the need to think about what I'd have done differently for Empire, because that's my favourite. Jedi, however, would have battle scenes which are not comic relief in my version, and not a lame retread of the deathstar plot - opting for a last ditch assault on Coruscant itself instead.

Everyone who tends to whine dies....everyone :)

That being said it would star Vin Diesel and It would have cool battle sequences that last almost the entire film and almost no dialog of course..

...The recipe to greatness :thumbsup:

Everyone who tends to whine dies....everyone :)

That being said it would star Vin Diesel and It would have cool battle sequences that last almost the entire film and almost no dialog of course..

...The recipe to greatness :thumbsup:

No, no, I'd have plenty of dialogue, just none that wasn't some sort of swearword or promises to rip someone a new orifice and do dirty things to it post mortem. :D

Arnie as Darth Vader, Vin Diesel as Luke Skywalker, and for old times sake, Clint Eastwood as Han Solo. Oh, and Han's dialogue would just be lines from various spaghetti westerns.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

.... vin diesel sux more tnan your pics baley  :lol:  :lol:

Always the meanie,aye Flatus :lol:"

MY Pics are GREAT...

No, no, I'd have plenty of dialogue, just none that wasn't some sort of swearword or promises to rip someone a new orifice and do dirty things to it post mortem. :D

Arnie as Darth Vader, Vin Diesel as Luke Skywalker, and for old times sake, Clint Eastwood as Han Solo.  Oh, and Han's dialogue would just be lines from various spaghetti westerns.

:thumbsup:

Yes..and we need a blonde with huge assets as Leia...and The Ewoks are atractive women...and It's got an M rating :)

And I'd love Clint as Solo :lol:

Ooh..who should play Yoda?

.... vin diesel sux more tnan your pics baley  :lol:  :lol:

Always the meanie,aye Flatus :lol:"

MY Pics are GREAT...

Arnie as Darth Vader, Vin Diesel as Luke Skywalker, and for old times sake, Clint Eastwood as Han Solo.  Oh, and Han's dialogue would just be lines from various spaghetti westerns.

:thumbsup:

Yes..and we need a blonde with huge assets as Leia...and The Ewoks are atractive women...and It's got an M rating :)

And I'd love Clint as Solo :lol:

Ooh..who should play Yoda?

Jackie Chan. And then he can fight vader and say "Kick your ass with my crazy kung-fu antics, I will!"

Oh, and in Attack of the Clones, instead of Jango Fett being cloned, it can be some hot woman being cloned! And they can wear chainmail bikinis instead of mandalorian armour! Chainmail Bikinis and samurai swords! Oh, and replace the Sith with Sith-Ninjas! The powers of the dark side and the REAL ULTIMATE POWER of the Ninja combine in one hyper-violent death machine!

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Jackie Chan would be awesome :lol:

We also have to ban all clothing on the desert worlds :thumbsup:

And we need more ass-kicking..

I sugest Vader growin extra arms :)

And Yoda being able to use magic powers

And Leia to have silicons installed..

This will be great :lol: