So I finally finished Hordes of the Underdark

... given the lack of any quality rpgs (i refuse to buy the latest and greatest bugfest known as dungeon lord) currently on the market, new material is my primary goal.

If you're working your way down the Hall of Fame (which it seems like) you'll get some good 'uns there. (There are a few buggy ones, unfortunately: I threw "Journey through the Dark" -- or whatever it's called -- out because a lot of the plot triggers didn't work. Oh, and that was after I tried to play with a Dwarven Defender the first time (!), for some reason the drow didn't like that. Then I accidentally flipped the entire goal structure when I played with a high-level monk and sided with the magic user at the beginning and tried to kill everyone else, except the head drow was unkillable at that point of the game ...)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

(i refuse to buy the latest and greatest bugfest known as dungeon lord) currently on the market, new material is my primary goal.

Whats that game like anyway? From the review I read it seemed like a Hack n Slash nobrainer.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Whats that game like anyway? From the review I read it seemed like a Hack n Slash nobrainer.

It is buggy beyond belief. You can't even change the appearance of your own character, even though there are controls for it in the game, and textures for it on the harddrive after installation. But it is definitely not a "no-brainer". I've been playing it for a while now and although it's buggy (and it lacks a LOT of content) and you have to fight constantly, there are plenty of really brain-trasing puzzles around. You know, of that old school "pull the right levers in the right sequence" type. I love that! Also, there are some jumping puzzles (like in Ultima 8), some pixel hunting (!) and a lot of boss fighting. The story is well told, the main quest is loooong, the voice overs are surprisingly well done and the world is large and easy to get lost in, especially since the developers forgot to put an automap function in the game. You do get a printed map and a compass though :)

I'm having mixed feelings about this game. It was clearly rushed out the door WAY too early and rationally I should really trash this game.. but I'm having a lot of fun with it, depsite all its flaws, and it has some kind of charm that keeps me coming back for more. That's not a common reaction from me, no matter which game I play (for example, I still haven't finished GTA: San Andreas, even though I think it's one of the best games I've ever played).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

SOU ch1 was aweosme. SOU ch2 was one of the worst gaming expeirence sof my live only slightly better than the ES series, or POR2, or EOTB. The interlude was okay.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I have no clue what the first chapter was about, the second was in a desert and nothing exciting happened.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "