Forget Lady Death

I think the furore that has appeared around the Lady Death and her eponymous graphic novel may help another, new game to succeed. It certainly has a lot of the same elements, judging by the comic that was included with a recent games magazine ....

Stolen

Funny, I haven't heard anything since this big marketing push, back when it was released in March.

Perhaps two latex-covered nymphs with fatal charms just aren't enogh to sell a game?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Female foward baggage as the protagonist in a game is nothing new. That may be the cause of the lack of interest... or it may be a rubbish game.

The furore surrounding Lady D - its amazing the amount of noise a horny teen can create.

(the above sounds weird)

I didn't understand the comic at all.

What's the point of Anya? She's a thief, but has to help the Mayor from being assassinated? Why? What if he burnt a busload of babies and Breeze is out for revenge?

She didn't seem to worried about the other four guys that Breeze killed, or is it okay in her morality to let the redshirts die?

Stupid concept. I wanna play Breeze, she seems much cooler.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

• 2 weeks later...

PC Gamer gave Stolen a very poor review and a 30% score.

Nice "Thief meets Prince of Persia" concept, unfortuantely plagued by too many bugs and a consequentially poor frame rate (10fps). Aparently, the "read.me" contents on the retail copy he was reviewing are:

Template Stolen Read Me File.

Add stuff here ...

:sorcerer:

Matrix Online got panned as well.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Im sitting here with the brand new first issue of the "new classical" Lady D and there aint no latex-covered nymphs in the world that could beat it :D Not even the sisterhood of sacred vampire hunters with their special red chastity-latex combat suits.

..well, ok. if the were REAL. but that goes without saying.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Im sitting here with the brand new first issue of the "new classical" Lady D and there aint no latex-covered nymphs in the world that could beat it :D Not even the sisterhood of sacred vampire hunters with their special red chastity-latex combat suits.

..well, ok. if the were REAL. but that goes without saying.

What's a "new classical" Lady D ?

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Phh, I was dead sure you were gonna ask me about the chastity latex. But, The new classical Lady Death series is a new continuity that takes the classic concept of the scantily clad, pale harbinger of death woman from hell.

They restarted the old variant because the fans didnt think there was enough T&A in "medieval lady death" :)" (which they also restarted, btw. twice even! :D)

Most comics need to reboot after a couple of years when they've clogged them with too much crap.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I have no idea, Ive never liked the concept of superheroes such as DC's so I havent read any since I was a kid.

Everythying.If they have something nasty, chastity-latex will protect you. Its main function is that it stores sunlight that is released by the command "Fiat lux!" instantly destroying all vampires nearby.

But thats not all, it also comes with built-in claws that are dipped in holy water, micropores that secrete artificial garlic, a white noise generator, high-heeled boot with crosses in the soles and last but not least- a wicked cleavage in the form of a cross :D

Everythying.If they have something nasty, chastity-latex will protect you. Its main function is that it stores sunlight that is released by the command "Fiat lux!" instantly destroying all vampires nearby.

But thats not all, it also comes with built-in claws that are dipped in holy water, micropores that secrete artificial garlic, a white noise generator, high-heeled boot with crosses in the soles and last but not least- a wicked cleavage in the form of a cross :D

So the superhero command word is "Light Work!" in latin (which does a sunburst spell), holy water laced talons on their hands (gloves?) on-board kyolic odourless-garlic-supplement dispenser and incendiarily lethal stilletos ... what about the anti-seduction properties attributed to regular chastity belts? I thought there might be some protection from the legendary vampiric charm abilities; perhaps a powerful vampire lord might be able to charm the pants off the superheroine ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Strangely enough, no vampire or demon ever tries any other technique than the regular "ambush her in mass" or "lure her into an elaborately set trap that she is guaranteed to escape". Who knows why? Maybe they lack the personality to make a proper attempt at wooing our heroine, or maybe they just arent that creative?

Or maybe they're thinking that since she's barely wearing anything at all, trying to charm her pants off would be quite futile.

note: Vampirella (the heroine that is) does not wear chastity latex, that is strictly for the wardrobe of the vaticans sisterhood of sacred vampire hunters.

Strangely enough, no vampire or demon ever tries any other technique than the regular "ambush her in mass" or "lure her into an elaborately set trap that she is guaranteed to escape". Who knows why? Maybe they lack the personality to make a proper attempt at wooing our heroine, or maybe they just arent that creative?

Or maybe they're thinking that since she's barely wearing anything at all, trying to charm her pants off would be quite futile.

note: Vampirella (the heroine that is) does not wear chastity latex, that is strictly for the wardrobe of the vaticans sisterhood of sacred vampire hunters.

So the vampires are using the ol' "Batman super-villain complex trap" trick, eh? Just shows you that vampires are lawful evil.

Are they biting her? Is that the aim of the traps?

Maybe Vampirella (v.silly name, can't they think up a better one?) actually engages in vampire-like seduction, and a chastity belt would impinge on her success ... like a shield iterferes with a polearm?

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT