kotOR3

Would you buy the next kotOR if it was made by Bioware  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy the next kotOR if it was made by Bioware

• Yes
    • No
    • If it were cheaper!

To be honest i prefered Obsidian's story better it is more indepth, you have to do some thinking for yourself. But i would still buy it if bioware made it.

Personally i would like to see a collaboration between bioware and obsidian for KotOR 3.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I'd perfer it if a previous developer of KotOR games makes the third installment, so yes. Bioware did good work in KotOR1, so I'd have no problem with that. Obsidian messed up the ending in KotOR2, but otherwise it was an excellent game, and I'm fairly confindent they will not allow themselves to be caught the same situation again based on what little we've heard them comment about that situation with Lucasarts. So I'd also be hopeful if Obsidian did KotOR3.

Not to say I wouldn't consider it, if it was a totally different developer. It would depend on who it was, and a lot on whether it the game deals with the true Sith plot and what happened to Revan and the Exile - that's a must!

Id like to see bioware and obsidian together making KOTOR3. As long they dont rush it and mess it up or cut out key/exciting content like they did for TSL. The first game had good stuff it was great to play and had some cool and interesting ideas which made it extremly fun.

TSL was bad (bugs, missing content, continuity issues, content etc) but it was very good too. The theme/plot was exciting it never had me thinking this way or that i always just thought something was gonig to happen only to be proven wrong by a plost twist which made me excited and want to play more. I never expected Kreia to actually turn on you although its quite obvious when you play it again after your first time.

I hope bioware if they do make KOTOR3 put in some ideas for extra content. Different saber hilt designs, make the blades as long as Malaks saber, different style robes etc. And if obsidian can come up with a storyline like TSL (without the continuity errors and errors in general) then the game would be a success.

A joint project could be cool, but they seem to have some conflictions. Most of this is with two characters. You kill Revan, you lose. You kill the Exile, you make an entire game useless. You make them work together, it will be cheesy. You choose one of them to be the main, you will have a war of the fans.

One developer would be best, but I think there needs to be some work between them.

I bought the original KOTOR on how much I enjoyed TSL, so I really don't mind which one makes KOTORIII - I know I'll buy it and probably be drooling over the prospect from (if and) when the earliest announcement is made :p

I'd prefer Bioware to develop KOTOR 3, but I wouldn't mind if Obsidian did it either. Obsidian still did a good job and it was only LucasArts that stopped them from finishing it off. If it was a new developer, it would depend who it was.

Anyway, buying a game based on who developed it may be unwise. It's always best to check review scores first, and base purchasing decisions on that. Either that or rent it first.