Could Korriban have been the best planet?

I heard that you originally could go in the tombs. Then it was cut.

If that was true it could have been the best planet by far. I would have loved to see the effects of these tombs, seen some holocrons, or even gotten a powerful lightsaber from Tulak Hord's tomb or something. Ludo Kreesh tomb x's 5. More to do or find out, maybe see the remnants of the star map and maybe find out that all of them were destroyed automatically after SF was destroyed.

Anybody else think so?

Actually, I wouldn't mind going back to previously visited worlds if you could explore new areas of the planets.

Aye same here. I was more then alittle disappointed in K2 when areas I have already been to on Dant in K1 were cut out of the game. I would like to see them always include previously visited areas + new areas for return to planets (Korriban and Dant). That way as each new KotOR game comes out the Universe slowly grows and expands.

I heard that you originally could go in the tombs. Then it was cut.

If that was true it could have been the best planet by far. I would have loved to see the effects of these tombs, seen some holocrons, or even gotten a powerful lightsaber from Tulak Hord's tomb or something. Ludo Kreesh tomb x's 5. More to do or find out, maybe see the remnants of the star map and maybe find out that all of them were destroyed automatically after SF was destroyed.

Anybody else think so?

I dont know if Korriban was really the best planet. All that was cut was inside the tombs (which have already been cleared out in K1) and the Czerka Corp landing pad and office. Not really ALOT of area but still would have been nice to have.

Koriban definately has the potential to be the best planet as its a sith planet with possibly many more hidden sith treasures and areas to explore.

If that was true it could have been the best planet by far.

Anybody else think so?

Um, no. Going into the tombs, as someone else said, was already done well enough in K1. Korriban was basically a desert planet that had been razed by bumbling archaologists and angry Sith; sort of like the upper levels of the enclave on Dantooine, everything that could be found was removed or destroyed. So it strains credibility that you might find even a 'secret' area in the tombs. A bit too similar in feel to the situation at the sublevel on Dantooine.

I think the opportunities for exploring Korriban as a planet are limited because it's dead--there is no NPC interaction, nothing to make it interesting. Using the Shyrack caves as an area that exploited and tested an individual's weaknesses was creative, but it was sufficient, along with Kreia's history lesson.

I agree that it did feel fairly small, just as the Yavin area did in K1. But I don't think the game would have gained anything by expanding it--anything more would have been a dungeon crawl. Kill monsters, get loot.

I'd say leave it in K2, but add another planet or moon--or simply expand Telos station or the surface of Onderon. If Exile is somewhat following Revan's path, showing the effects of war, there is also Manaan, Tattooine or Yavin itself. Or how about Kashyyk, after Hanharr got done with it? (I'm not a Wookie fan, but Czerka might not be able to resist going back there. Or we might even find some trace of Jolee Bindo's past.)

It would have been nice if there were scene's of the Mandalorian wars in this game, just like they did with the star maps in Kotor I. I mean, hyperspace travel should take a long time and you could see the exile dreaming about his/her past. How about when you get to Malachor V you meet past friends again who have become Dark Jedi.

As for Korriban. Yes, they should have left the Tombs open. I wonder why there are no more Terentateks on Korriban and Dxun as well. That would have made the game a lot more interesting.

Master Vandar lives!

I agree. I was expecting to see a tarentatek in the Shyrack caves. I don't know if I would have wanted to play through the four tombs exactly as I did in Kotor 1. However, I would expect with all of the upheaval that a previously undiscovered section of one of the tombs would be revealed. I mean, it would have been really nice to find that someone used high powered explosives and a cave-in leads to Naga Sadow's secret weapons cache or something like that :luck: Also, it would have been cool to see a holocron somewhere showing Revan's original visit to Korriban. Revan would be dressed up in the robes and mask so it wouldn't conflict with how anyone played as Revan in Kotor 1. And also, I would have loved to see a holocron of some scenes with HK-47 teasing Malak :thumbsup:

I disagree with the no NPC interaction theory stated above, in my opinion, the whole planet should have been a ghost planet, the title is the Sith Lords, so after all, it would have been very interesting to talk to the ghost of the Sith Lord of each tomb, like u could in ajunta palls tomb in K1, do it to all of them this time, that would be very interesting, learning forms from them if you were darkside like u learn from jedi masters could have been cool....

It would be a nice touch if you could only talk to the Sith Lords of old, if you were going the darkside path.....to make up for not getting another jedi (mira) you could just make ur self more powerful in the darkside from the Sith's teachings, and all that interaction would make up for the Carth/Bastilla cameo on Telos...since u don't get that Darkside

If you walk to the edge of the Valley of The Dark Lords, you will notice numerous tombs sprawling out before you. In my opinoin, you should have landed in a differnet area, explored surafce tombs, and then fallen into an abandoned excavation site, where you woukld discover the true tombs of the greatest of the Sith Lord (For instance, Naga Sadows wasn't truly buried at surface level, his true tomb is deep in th earth). There you would have encountered numerous DS beasts and illlusions and fallen jedi, and conversed with the fallen lords. Finally, you would have emrged into the valley via a tomb or an excavation sight, and would have an opportunity to explore several tombs, the shyrack cave, and perhaps the Czerka site (just for nostalgia).

If you walk to the edge of the Valley of The Dark Lords, you will notice numerous tombs sprawling out before you. In my opinoin, you should have landed in a differnet area, explored surafce tombs, and then fallen into an abandoned excavation site, where you woukld discover the true tombs of the greatest of the Sith Lord (For instance, Naga Sadows wasn't truly buried at surface level, his true tomb is deep in th earth). There you would have encountered numerous DS beasts and illlusions and fallen jedi, and conversed with the fallen lords. Finally, you would have emrged into the valley via a tomb or an excavation sight, and would have an opportunity to explore several tombs, the shyrack cave, and perhaps the Czerka site (just for nostalgia).

The truth is any story would have been better than the one we got.

Yeah, okay the confrontation in the cave was good. Having a dilemma to solve was a sound concept; unfortunately the implementation was very poor. Why would such an important insight into the player be wasted: this crucial psychoogical probe into the audience is not even mentioned later on; it should have had repurcussions throughout the last half of the story. Even -- and at least -- affecting the Jedi Conclave confrontation.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Korriban was very boring IMO, it could have been so much better, such as stated the tombs being open for exploration and not to mention the fact that the game, namely kreia, flirts with the idea that, there are many powerful relics here blah blah, he was the greatest swordsman blah blah, making me think I may find something cool, (No such thing) boring, the lack of interaction got to me also.

I believe that there should have been an excessivley difficult tomb holding ancient and ultra-powerful relics that, unlike the randomly spawning crap (like Freedon nadd's blaster, which I also encountered on Malachor Trayus Academy) would be utterly unique. However, the battles would be VERY difficult (though the Xp would be excellent).