holy crap

It was better than the original. Dear god did the original suck.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I thought the original was creepy. Campy and creepy. The bit at the end of the original when Leatherface chases them on the road really freaked me out... ;)

But then again I think the Grudge was scary too...

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I thought the original was creepy.  Campy and creepy.  The bit at the end of the original when Leatherface chases them on the road really freaked me out... :thumbsup:

But then again I think the Grudge was scary too...

We just got bored watching the chick scream for an hour with nothing really happening. It got reeeeaaalllllyyyy boring. The remake was entertaining at least.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The original is great, sometimes creepy and really has that sweet, late 70's early 80's horror feeling.

The new one is just another dime-a-dozen hollywood teen thriller like Jeepers Creepers and crap like that.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Jeppers Creepers was a perfect example of a meaningly horror experience. In the future, when it is possible to implant feelings into an audience's brainstem, without the need for giving story or context, the result will be the saem.

It was a prefect pavlovian plot, where the audience was taken on a perfectly contoured plot, the slope of the narrative was calibrated to provie maximum thrills given the necessary recovery time.

The plot was more than meaningless. If the monster could do all of what it did at the end of the film all the way through it, then everyone on planet earth would already be a wall hanging.

I almost think they producers decided to extend the movie a bit at the end, and just kept tacking on new scenes that required more and more extreme silliness from the bad "guy". (As I sat in the cinema I timed the "scary" bits, and it was like clockwork: quite an achievement.)

As for a really frightening film, give me 10 Rillington Place, where Richard Attenborough gives an amazing performance in this true story.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Bah, it should've been like, a posessed chainsaw that scientists were trying to use their super magick science on, but something went horribly wrong, and now there are giant robot chainsaw zombie dinosaurs ravaging the earth...and aliens, gotta have aliens.

Bah, it should've been like, a posessed chainsaw that scientists were trying to use their super magick science on, but something went horribly wrong, and now there are giant robot chainsaw zombie dinosaurs ravaging the earth...and aliens, gotta have aliens.

That sounds almost as good as my Zombie pirates fighting robot ninjas controlled by werewolves in space movie idea.

Devastatorsig.jpg

That sounds almost as good as my Zombie pirates fighting robot ninjas controlled by werewolves in space movie idea.

You should make it a musical while you're at it. 'Cause if horror movies are missing one thing, it's choreographed song and dance numbers.