Idea for female characters in game...

Do you like this idea?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this idea?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know
    • Other (please state nicely below, thanks)

Well, I see a lot of people here argue that women should be represented more in this game as well as other fantasy settings. I think that it would be wise to implement them more realistically in the fantasy realm like the KOTOR series by adding the natural female trait of periods for your main character, should you decide to play the Exile as a female.

Maybe have her at random times in the Ebon Hawk snap at other party members uncontrollable by your party members, just shouting some gibberish. Then you lose some influence with them which you gotta make up later?

Or how about adding this realistic feature to female NPC's, such as Mira, Visas, and Handmaiden. Have them at random times get angry at you all the sudden. Then they apologize later and blame it on their periods. And if they get a sudden angry mood swing in a fight, they power up from it and the poor guys on the opposing team gets massacred.

This will portray a female more realistically in the game, IMO. Thoughts?

Don't worry about it, not everyone can be "lucky" with women. Keep at it and I'm sure you will get the hang of conversation to the point that you will be able to communicate with females. Until then, you have my sympathy.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm hoping that as graphics become better and the whole gaming experience becomes more immersive, gamers will be less tolerant of one-dimensional characters in RPGs. I'd like to see ALL characters, male and female, to have better-developed personalities and moods, and a genuine mix of personalities, not the stereotypes the initial poster proposed. Some of the principles involved in The Sims could be applied, perhaps. I think this is a long way off, but as the average age of gamers is rising, it's possible.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Have them at random times get angry at you all the sudden. Then they apologize later and blame it on their periods.

I bet the first woman who reads that is going to flame you so badly :D At least the ones that I know would.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Don't worry about it, not everyone can be "lucky" with women. Keep at it and I'm sure you will get the hang of conversation to the point that you will be able to communicate with females. Until then, you have my sympathy.

Uh, who was this directed to?

Anyway, thing is, not even movies go this deep. So why should video games? Or maybe you want a 'hit the bowl' game every time Revan takes a leak?

Anyway, thing is, not even movies go this deep. So why should video games? Or maybe you want a 'hit the bowl' game every time Revan takes a leak?

:thumbsup:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

Uh, who was this directed to?

I thought it was obvious. I was trying to help Eddo36, who has obviously been recently bereaved of female company and has decided to make a flamebait topic.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Eddo36, I just noticed that it said Ex-Marine in your sig. I would like to thank you for your service to this country. I'm actually going into the military as well: shipping out this July for Army Infantry. So what was your MOS when you were in?

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

I don't know what game you guys played but these two games have the most realistic portrayal of women I've ever seen. No I'm not a woman, but I have 3 sisters and a mother and know a whole hell of a lot of women and they are so much like all the women in these games.

EDIT: oh yeah, btw, I don't think women have periods in Star Wars. I mean no one even goes to the bathroom in Star Wars. ;)

ROFLMAO!

That takes the cake of worst (and most sexist) Idea I have ever heard of to date!!!

Im surprised this thread not locked to be honest!

And on a more serious note, I think the female PC is quite realistic as its the player playing the character. You create the characters attitude for the most part so is always more realist then the female NPCs.

I think what women want is the story to be designed with a female character as the MAIN PC of game (both K1 and K2 were obviously designed with a male character as the hero and female option was added later.

While I doubt that will happen (expecially in a Star Wars setting) any time soon as the male demographic is still the mass majority of players, I do think we will start to see more games like JE where companies take the time required to make game unisex. Meaning you can play male/female and NOT tell which it was written for. Star Wars however (games and movies so dont start quoteing unknown EU only a handfull have read) has always protrayed the main hero being male and I doubt that will change anytime soon. Women are empowered and not feabile in Star Wars though, so movies and games have that going for them at least.

<_<

What about making male characters more realistic? :huh:

The male PC should have to shave every few days, trim his nose hairs, put on plenty of deoderant in the mornings so the NPCs don't repelled after every battle, would you like me to go on? :thumbsup: How about he wears robes that haven't been washed for a week and eats the star wars equivelent of fast food? More? :thumbsup:

Hehe with each passing day you are returning to form Eddo36. (w00t) But even that female period topic cannot be compared to famed "lightsaber gun" idea. :thumbsup:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Eddo36, I just noticed that it said Ex-Marine in your sig. I would like to thank you for your service to this country. I'm actually going into the military as well: shipping out this July for Army Infantry. So what was your MOS when you were in?

Yes go fight for american oil rights. I am sure Bush will commend you.

Yes, the game did not represent women realistically, for instance as a female exile there were many types of robes available, but what about the shoes? No self respecting exile would be seen dead without a pair of manolos, how could the devs ahave left out the shoes? they can make or break an outfit!!

Heh, this seems familiar.

You made the exact same topic on the Neverwinter Nights forum (Bioware website), and even there people didn't like the idea. After a few posts it was a joke too ..

Anyhow, it's a bad idea .. Tsk tsk tsk. >_<

Greets, K.

<_<

What about making male characters more realistic?  :huh:

The male PC should have to shave every few days, trim his nose hairs, put on plenty of deoderant in the mornings so the NPCs don't repelled after every battle, would you like me to go on? :rolleyes: How about he wears robes that haven't been washed for a week and eats the star wars equivelent of fast food? More? :rolleyes:

You mean like Atton in K2? (Maybe most of the dialogue was in the cut scenes, but there was certainly a lot of "You smell" and "Don't you ever wash" jokes with Atton as the butt.)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

yeah. umm.... i think the guy is just making a joke. so no need to take it seriously  :D

Crude and offensive does not equal funny. While intelligent posters are doing their best to lighten up the heavy-handed sarcasm (if that was what was intended), the sandbox is still too kind a fate. I'm with Kalfear. The only really funny part of this poll is "please state nicely below".

yeah. umm.... i think the guy is just making a joke. so no need to take it seriously  :D

Crude and offensive does not equal funny. While intelligent posters are doing their best to lighten up the heavy-handed sarcasm (if that was what was intended), the sandbox is still too kind a fate. I'm with Kalfear. The only really funny part of this poll is "please state nicely below".

Indeed.

Stupidest thread concept ever.

Yes go fight for american oil rights. I am sure Bush will commend you.

For the love of... can we please keep politics off this board. This guy is doing a brave and patriotic thing and he does not need to hear you denigrating him because you do not like the current administration. If you want to talk politics go to freerepublic.com or democratunderground.com. People come here to get away from that crap. 11XHooah, thank you, good luck, and godspeed. BTW, I was in the Marines, 1989-94. It paid for my BSEE. It's a tremendous opportunity and a good thing to do for your fellow citizens, even ungrateful ones like Flyboi.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

For the love of... can we please keep politics off this board. This guy is doing a brave and patriotic thing and he does not need to hear you denigrating him because you do not like the current administration. If you want to talk politics go to freerepublic.com or democratunderground.com. People come here to get away from that crap. 11XHooah, thank you, good luck, and godspeed. BTW, I was in the Marines, 1989-94. It paid for my BSEE. It's a tremendous opportunity and a good thing to do for your fellow citizens, even ungrateful ones like Flyboi.

Sure. I'll let it be. But the US is heading in the wrong direction and it has really nothing to do with eighter the democrats or the current republic administration. But you a right, this is not the place.