Conversation skipping bug

I played through the game once without any significant bugs, but one day the conversations started going screwy. I tried restarting my computer, using old saves, and even starting a new game, but to no avail.

When I begin a conversation with another party member (or anyone on the Ebon Hawk) everything they say is skipped over. The only thing I can see is the last two lines of their speech (displayed at the top of the screen) and my own choices.

I seem to remember a similar bug in KotOR, but don't remember how it was fixed. Is there any way to fix this or should I just give up?

I played through the game once without any significant bugs, but one day the conversations started going screwy. I tried restarting my computer, using old saves, and even starting a new game, but to no avail.

When I begin a conversation with another party member (or anyone on the Ebon Hawk) everything they say is skipped over. The only thing I can see is the last two lines of their speech (displayed at the top of the screen) and my own choices.

I seem to remember a similar bug in KotOR, but don't remember  how it was fixed. Is there any way to fix this or should I just give up?

Give up. It happens: known issue. It's random. (Might have something to do with memory.)

I had this happen once to the entire last conversation of the game.

Start the closest save game again.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I've found that its not nearly as common after the patch, but it does happen. pre-patch it was every other conversation. Now its only 1 in 10

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg