Bored so who did you hate the most from both KotOR

hehe sitting here bored so figured why not make a senceless post asking who you hated the most from both KotORs. :)

EXCLUDING Revan or Exile!

While I truely hated Go-To while playing KotOR2, now that some time has passed by (and ive finished playing both of them fully) and Ive had time to reflect and thing back.

My least favorite party member was none other then Carth Onasis.

Really dislike this character, for the life of me I cant figure out why the female players take such a liking to him. I could understand them swooning over Atton or Sky(from JE) but all Carth did for the entire K1 game was complain and whine about how hard his lifes been.

For the life of me I DONT see the comparrison people make between him and Hans. Hans was witty, sarcastic, and had a certain charm about him. None of those aspects can really be said about Carth.

Anyways, my other least favorites (rounding out top 5) were:

2) Go-To

3) Disiple (the Carth of KotOR2 IMO, just less seen or heard...thank god)

4) Both Wookies (heh, I just dont like Wookies tho)

5) Bao Dur (just never really appreciated the character, dont know why really) (to be fair I didnt hate Bao though, I just didnt really appreciate him either. He was like Misson for me, a character thats in the group but only used when forced to)

My top 5 favorites from both games were:

1) Visas (heh, best female character ever in a RPG)

2) Mira (Great attitude, loved the sarcasm)

3) Handmaiden (interesting character, grabs your attention and holds it)

4) Mandalore (awsome character, loved him in both K1 and K2, just wished K2 would have made him more important to the storyline)

5) T3 (Love this little droid, not as funny as HK, but I always opted for T3 to travel with me when I was forced to use a droid. Just all round great droid)

I didn't like Carth, Juhani, Mission, Zalabar, or Hanharr. Basically I didn't like Carth because he was a whiny bitch, I didn't like Juhani because she didn't look like a Cathar, and was whiny. I didn't like Mission because she was whiny. And I don't like Wookiees.

My top 5 in no order would be Atton, Jolee, HK-47, Visas, and Mira. I liked Atton because he was interesting. His back story and attitude were great. The whole Pazaak thing got annoying though. I liked Jolee because my favorite Archetype is the kickass old man. HK-47 was just damn hilarious. I liked Visas because: Cool design, mysterious, Miraluka are neat, good voice, just all around good character. Mira was just not the typical female character, but they didn't make her the kickass girl character either. She's the perfect blend of typical female character, and kickass girl character.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I totally hate the Ithorians.. I guess that don't counts right ?... but I really hate that long necks aliens that talks for about 10 minutes just to say * hello *... to bad that you need to be nice to then when playing as LS.

I really like Atton as a character... is the only one that have a bit of personality.

I hate calo nord and bendak starkiller.

I hate some of the jedi masters.

I both love and hate the quarrens. I hate them because they cannot even fight ( i haven't seen one of them wielding a weapon in KOTOR 1 and 2). I love them because they remind of squidward. It somehow made me laugh.

i like the weird alien in KOTOR 1 (taris lower city cantina) the one you said "i just want to take a look at the freak" or something like that.

i like the rodian TWITCH from KOTOR 1 because of rhe rodian's voice and because He's Wild. (w00t)

BTW. have you noticed that KOTOR 2 characters were very serious like visas (My life for yours), bao-dur (Yes, General) and kreia. KOTOR 1 characters are much funnier like Jolee, bastila, carth, mission and zaalbar (his voice).

Love:

Atton (he's number one...for obvious reason) :ermm: ...I'm such a fangirl.

Bao-Dur

Visas

HK-47

Canderous

Sion

Carth (...for some reason)

Mira

Jolee

Mission

Bastila

Indifferent:

Handmaiden

Kreia

Malak

Exile

Revan

T3-M4 (although I like him more in the second game)

Mandalore (same as Candy.. I know... but he's just more annoying).

Zaalbar

Hate:

Disciple... he's too easy to make fun of.

G0-T0

Hanharr

Juhani

* my apolgies if I forgot anybody. ^_^

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

I liked

Carth - Carth in my opinion was cool. I liked the voice acting. Also I didn't think he really bitched at all, he was expressing his hatred for the Sith. Have to remember, 30 somethin' year old man, your planet gets decimated with your wife along with it and then to find out your son is studying to become what hes ttrying to destroy. And yet with all that stress, hes the best ranger out of both Kotor's. I'm suprised they didnt give Carth some kind of party morale booster for your stats while he's in your party.

Disliked:

- Exile (OK maybe not him but the way they made him a pushover)

- Kreia (ruined the whole game if someone wants to know more why then I've posted it here http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ic=34113&st=15)

- Sion (after Korriban that is -> damn whiner and a poor example of a Sith Lord)

- the judge on Manaan which called me an "it" (ok but in K1 you could make everyone suffer who pissed you off -> here you make his fishy friends suffer by poisoning the kolto and god knows how many selkath died because of that)

- Mira - arrogant and you can't do a half rotten lemon about it

- G0T0 - suprisingly also arrogant and also from Nar Shaddaa. And you all know too well why I hate him.

-> I'm still trying to figure out a way to replace G0T0 with Mira at DS play but without leaving any bugs (setting global variables to as I would have Hanharr and Mira's dead to choose an ending) - I know that they'll both say that the other one's dead but it's better than having that piece of scrap float around my ship.

Liked:

Oh I liked so many characters that I donno where to start. Really - it's mostly because they had their original behaviour.

Yes I even liked Vrook - or I could say that I liked hating him. The game needs such characters which piss you off a little with their words but can't beat you in combat :ermm:

Not to get a rise out of anyone, but my least favorite was Atton.

When he was first introduced in the game I remember thinking "please God don't let this whiney, sarcastic dude be a henchman."

I got the feeling they put him in the game to appeal to their idea of the stereotypical gamer, i.e. sarcastic college-aged dude who would see themselves in Atton and take to him like a frat buddy or something. I just found him whiney, fairly obtuse and not the least bit funny. Yes, he was sort of the Carth of KOTOR2 I guess, but Carth just had more depth and maturity IMO.

On the other hand, I liked GOTO -- great voice acting, fairly funny and an extremely useful henchmen to have around. Hanharr too had a great, dark depth to him as opposed to Atton's dark past, which just seemed forced and wasn't voice-acted very well. Hanharr's voice acting was brilliant. I loved it! Now make me hate it! ;)

Hated from K1: Bastila, Juhani, and Mission

I didn't like Bastila because I found her to be a less than impressive Jedi. Here was this woman who was famed for her battle meditation, and yet she was so easily tempted by the Dark Side and harped on Revan to make up for her own insecurities. Juhani was in the same vein, she herself had fallen to the Dark Side prior to joining up with Revan and yet she found it necessary to critisize my DS female whenever she took the Dark Side path. Mission was fun on Taris, but afterwards I never took her off the Hawk (unless it was to trigger her sidequest with her brother). And in the end, I didn't mind being the one to kill her (I loved Zaalbar too much to make him do it).

Hated from K2: Disciple, HK-47, and Mandalore

I guess hate is too strong a word, I definitely have a stronger attachment to some of the characters in K2 as opposed to K1 (where I legitimately hated some characters). Disciple was annoying to me because the game tried to push him as the love interest for females. He was so dull to me, and his blind worship of the Exile was grating. He did have some amusing lines, however, like on Nar Shaddaa after Visquis' transmission "No, Atton. I think it *is* a trap!" As for HK and Mandalore/Canderous, the only reason I disliked them was because when I played as a Light Sider it was almost impossible to either gain or lose enough influence with either of them in order to get some of their deeper dialogue. I loved both of these characters immensely in K1 so it was difficult to tell HK that he won't be killing any innocents, or condemn him for his violent nature. Similarily, I felt bad whenever I lost influence with Mandalore because of how he respected Revan in K1.

As a side note, why does everyone hate wookiees?? They've always got a place in my "Favorite Characters from Kotor" list. Even though Zaalbar barely spoke a word (except during the Kashyyyk mission), he was a great presence to have around--not to mention how powerful a melee fighter he was. And though I've only played DS once in K2, I really enjoyed Hanharr. He wasn't your typical evil character, he had a lot of depth to him and also wisdom. Here's hoping we get more wookiees in K3!

From Kotor 1, my favorites are HK-47, Canderous, Mission and T3. I love HK-47's attitude and everything else about him. Canderous is an honorable sort and I liked having him in my party. T3 was cute. I was indifferent to Zaalbar, Juhani and Jolee. Zaalbar didn't do much, Juhani didn't impress me very much, and Jolee was funny at first but it got old quickly. With Bastila I alternated between liking her when she was being nice and really getting angry at her because of her arrogance. I liked Carth a lot when I played through the game as a LS female. Then I played through it again as a DS male and I grew to despise him. How could he leave Mission like that?

From Kotor 2, my favorites are HK-47, Atton, Mandalore, Visas, T3 and Bao-dur. HK-47 is HK-47, enough said. Atton really grew on me and I like him a lot. He survived the evil play-through too (he didn't do anything that made me lose respect for him). Mandalore had the same basic attitude here. I wish the game had done more with him, though. Visas was dark, mysterious and brave. T3 was very cute (again). Bao-dur was nice. I liked having a calm party member. I liked Kreia too but she got me angry at times. I was indifferent toward the Handmaiden and Hanharr. Neither one of them really caught my interest. I didn't like Go-to but his voice acting was very well done. I didn't like Mira because of her attitude and how she dressed. I don't have an opinion of the Disciple one way or the other because I visited Dantooine last so I only had him for a small part of the game.

ok kalfaer, the carth comparisn thing was effed. mainly because you said hans, which while i kno u mean HAN to some it may seem like a techno-driven gay german.

I liked: The Exile, bastila,Jolee,Visas,handmaiden,Mira,Canderous. Atton

why? they all had pasts worth knowing. Kriea because i respect her views

Neutral: Revan- I got sick and tired of him when u **** tampons kept doing those whose stronger Revan or Anakin polls. NO ONE CARES. Carth, who has a clearly defined motive, but more paranoid than a person on Acid and coke

Hate-Juhani-bitches too much. IF shes in K3 im gonna give her the backhand. GOTO, annoyed me. Hanharr, just pissed me off, i dunno y

I disliked the Czerka rep. on Telos, Jana Lorso or something like that. It was an excellent opportunity to present a character who was a good conservative, someone who believes that the pursuit of profit is genuinely beneficial to society as a whole. Instead she was a rather shallow villain. It was a missed opportunity. Still, I didn't dislike her that much, nor any of the characters. Well, maybe GO-TO.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

On the Carth thing - I've read that the experience w/Carth is way different if you play a male PC vs. a female PC - ie, he's a lot more whiney seeming if you're male. So perhaps that's some of the reason for the differences on liking/disliking him.

But I don't know for sure, since I still haven't gotten out of the 1st training city in Kotor1. :thumbsup:

In Kotor2, Hanhar would be my most hated. Tho hate is too strong a word, really. I just didn't like him or his childish macho-principled 'lifedebt over common sense' crap and thus never used him.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

ok kalfaer, the carth comparisn thing was effed. mainly because you said hans, which while i kno u mean HAN to some it may seem like a techno-driven gay german.

LOL, yes I mean Han and not Hans from Die Hard ;)

On the Carth thing - I've read that the experience w/Carth is way different if you play a male PC vs. a female PC - ie, he's a lot more whiney seeming if you're male. So perhaps that's some of the reason for the differences on liking/disliking him.

But I don't know for sure, since I still haven't gotten out of the 1st training city in Kotor1. :p

In Kotor2, Hanhar would be my most hated. Tho hate is too strong a word, really. I just didn't like him or his childish macho-principled 'lifedebt over common sense' crap and thus never used him.

That could be part of it, I played my first 4 games of KotOR as a male PC so my opinion of Carth was fully set by the time I played the game as a female PC.

But even as a female PC, his pick up lines are TERRIBLE!!!! ROFL! I mean seriously, he was useing lines you would expect from a kid in grade 8 or 9, not a 30 something person (unless they going through a midlife crisis early).

LOL, I never even got off Taris before I took advantage of the scripted opertunity to tell him to shut up. Course I never go for the romance anyways when I play a female PC (well in JE I did but with Silk Fox, not Sky). But his lines were terrible towards women from what I read anyways.

Honestly im surprised so many didnt like Carth to be honest, I really thought I was in the super minor minority on that topic. LOL, maybe its just the make up of who still reads and posts here so long after KotOR2 released.

PS: Also really surprised to see someone say HK or Visas in their hated lists. I thought everyone loved HK. And far as Visas goes, must be a female player cause for guys, Visas was the perfect cRPG female :)

Liked:

Bastila

Atton (except for damned card game)

Bao (though very underdeveloped)

HK (K1)

Visas

Kreia

Jolee

Canderous

Dislike:

Mira (arrogant bitch drugged me and threw herself into trap she couldn't handle)

Disciple (boring beyond all others)

G0-T0 (nearly stopped MSG from deactivation and was a fat piece of crap)

Handmaiden (I favored Visas though had no other intentions and she hated for it)

T3 (K1)

HK (K2 because he wasn't even close to as interesting, nothing much I could learn because I was LS)

Juhani (after the boring convos first time through I never wen without her death)

Jolee's Suspender socks (c'mon now, the scene in K1 was hilarious with cage, but those darn socks!)

Like: Visas (plot), Handmaiden (plot) Atton (sarcasm) HK-47 (semi-phycotic) Mandalore/Canderous (warped yet intriguing sense of honor) Bao-Dur (serious, though very underdeveloped) GO-TO (though only his voice acting), Remote (funny), Jolee (tales are hilarious) T3-M4 (same reason as Remote), Kreia (dark, mysterious, cryptic)

Indifferent:

Mira

Zaalbaar

Mission

Hanharr (never accquired him, plan to soon w/ new DS char)

Hate:

Juhani (whiner, annoying)

Bastila (pompous, arrogant, weird premature romance)

Carth (whiner)

Liked:

Mira (intelligent, egoistic, clever)

Kreia (the mistress of intrigue)

Bastila (so...naive...but being naive could be interesting^^)

HK-47 (both games - he is never never never never never to be reached by any charakter)

Handmaiden (can take care of her own)

Disliked:

Visas ("I-will-sacrifice-my-life-for-yours-but-i-am-stupid-and-dumb-and-i-dont-know-why-i-am-still-alive-even-though-i-am-not-worth-it" - GOD HOW I HATE HER)

Bao-Dur ("Yes-general-and-i-have-so-bad-memories-of-the-mandalorian-wars-oh-how-i-regret-it "- PURE BULL****)

G0-T0 ("I-want-the-balance-of-the-galaxy-but-i-can't-imagine-a-better-way-but-to-arrest-you" PERFECT STUPIDITY

So that's my point-of-view. I know it is attackable so feel free to do so!^^

I'm a Big fan of KOTOR:

Well my favorites were:

FROM KOTOR 1...

LOVED:

Bastila Shan (She was very cool! though a little whiney)

Carth Onasi (He was a hot male *drools* all over him)

My Male Revan

(Yes Bastila,Carth and Male Revan are my favourite KOTOR threesome mostly)

LIKED:

HK-47 (Yeah the killer droid)

Jolee Bindo

Canderous Ordo

Juhani (She was Ok I guess.she could of got annoying on accasion)

KOTOR 2

LOVED:

Atton Rand ( Another Hunk for me to drool over)

My Male Exile

Kreia (She was pretty cool)

LIKED

Mira

HK-47

Diciple

Handmaiden

Mandalore

Bao-dur

The remote (I really only like the remote when it was humming a tune when it got bored)

HATED FROM KOTOR 1

Mission (She was the most hated character in my opinion,and she was the most boring character ever. When I went dark side I really enjoyed forcing Zalbaar to rip her guts out lol *laughs evily :p )

Zalbaar (all he was good for was for carpet for the lounge in my ebon hawk.

T3-M4 (A scrap peace of junk just whorshipping you)

HATED FROM KOTOR 2

Visa Marr (she was crap)

T3-M4

GO-TO (Another peice of junk but the next generation of T3-M4 but in a ball)

Han-Harr (Oh another wookie fur to add to my collection)

Hmm, T3 has the honour of figuring in both my hate and love list ;)

Favourites would be T3 (K2), Hanharr and Jolee

Least favourites would be T3 (K1), Zaalbar and Bastila

That makes a droid, a wookie and a jedi in each :D

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

K1 loved: Bastila and Canderous. Bastila's bossy and no-nonsense, Canderous was, well, Canderous.

Hated: I didn't like Zaalbar or T3 - Zaalbar because as someone else said, he never had anything much to say and I don't know, maybe I'm racist against wookies or something. I know I'm racist against droids, which is why I didn't like T3.

K2 loved: Atton (alert! another fangirl) and strangely, T3. He had so much personality this time round that I overcame my anti-droid stance and actually *chose* to have him in-party. Odd.

Hated: Well, Kreia, obviously, because she was such a contrary old cow. (This is not to say I didn't think she was a good character - she was a well-done character who I hated.) Mandalore - zip personality, particularly given how much I'd liked Canderous earlier. And Disciple. His Donny Osmond teeth and 1980s boy band hair, stupid earnest voice ... *shudder*

Strangely, I am developing a certain respect for GOTO during my interminable evil playthrough. Actually talking to him and bringing him along seems to be making a difference. I couldn't stand him before but have revised my opinion.

As for Carth *shrug*. Me female, but never understood what all the fuss was about...