Just finished Bloodlines!

Arkan

Overall, I really liked this game. Pity Troika won't be able to make another game like it. One of the best RPGs I've played in a good while. I've just got a few questions about the ending(s) so, if youv'e not finished the game, don't read on...

1. There are several different endings? I think I got the anarch ending, where you blow up LaCroix (Jack simply owned) then cut to Jack sitting with the mummy laughing it up. Who walks up behind him and says "Goodbye, vampire."?

2. What are the other endings, how do they play out, and who do you 'initiate' them?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Bloodlines is the game that all of the rabid Troika fans have been bragging about for years. Too bad they undermined their credibility before Troika developed a game worthy of such adoration.

I think there are some really ancient vampires, kind of like who the mummy was supposed to be, and the cab driver (whom I believe is also the vampire who says good-bye at the end) is one of them.

There's something about the way the cab driver talks to you about what path you'll take that made me think he was one of the ancient vampires.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Well, I haven't finished it, but from what I've read there are 3 different endings. One where you side with LaCroix, one where you side with the Anarchs, and one where you don't side with either and are in it for yourself.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The Kue-Jin Ending had to be the worst. For the PC I mean.

All those years, at the bottom of a murky bay, just sitting there.

The cab driver was indeed

Cain

Lone Wolf ending was kinda cool,

you end up killing LaCroix, walking out into the street, Nines hits you up with an offer to join the Anarchs saying they could really use you, you just walk off while giving him the bird

Prince ending is almost identical to the Anarch ending

LaCroix opens Sarcophagus, sees note, starts lauging maniacally, only this time you get essploded with him

Camarilla ending the

Sarcophagus ends up in a warehouse, never to be opened, LaCroix gets hauled off, you get to be a lackey for the Camarilla, and Strauss becomes the new Prince

If you didn't remember to already Arkan, you should load up a save and check your email right before going off to face LaCroix, there's something there for you from Jack, or as all the other Emails said, 'A Friend'.

And they ALL suck. Well, unless you like a good anticlimax :shifty:

..and the cab driver

is not Cain but a simple but moderatly powerful elder posing as Cain in order to insitgate the comming of Gehenna or something like that.

Its in the White Wolf gehenna novels whose canon Bloodlines is part of - and the chief reason why it couldnt have a proper ending, WW wanted the "big bang" to come in their rpg books & novels so they basicly stopped Troika dead in their tracks. Sort of like if LA had told BW and OE that the story of the KoTOR series mustnt have any impact on the Star Wars universe whatsoever....

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Good game. Woulda been better if the combat didnb't suck, and the dialogue wasn't so immature at times. Overall, though, the dialogue was very good. :shifty:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

..and the cab driver

is not Cain but a simple but moderatly powerful elder posing as Cain in order to insitgate the comming of Gehenna or something like that.

Its in the White Wolf gehenna novels whose canon Bloodlines is part of - and the chief reason why it couldnt have a proper ending, WW wanted the "big bang" to come in their rpg books & novels so they basicly stopped Troika dead in their tracks. Sort of like if LA had told BW and OE that the story of the KoTOR series mustnt have any impact on the Star Wars universe whatsoever....

So for all practical and game purposes, the cabby is indeed

Cain

. Only WW didn't want anything truly significant to happen in the game and that's why they came up with that "elder" crap story.

Suckage n00bs >_<

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Excellent game, with another ending that I found rather anti-climactic. It may be a symptom of having too many writers working on their separate bits, not combining to have a clear vision of the ending. On the other hand, there's always been a tendency to under-invest in the ending because only a small proportion of gamers will see it, and by that time they've already spent their money. I remember when magazine reviews usually mentioned the quality of the final 'pay-off' as a factor in reviewing the game as a whole, particularly in RPGs and adventure games. This no longer seems to happen so often.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)