Did anyone else just get a KOTOR II survey?

I guess the marketing report will result in someone being fired, somewhere. I wonder if it will actually result in a better game creation methodology ...

(Bounce Nielsen, that's funny! :thumbsup: j/k)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yeah my real name is Bounce :rolleyes:

Actually it comes from my weird urge to jump in every game .. If I'm talking to npc's or real human players, I jump. When I'm out exploring I jump. When I'm fighting enemies I jump (if possible) - So Bounce_like a ball_is the perfect name for me hehe.

Actually it comes from my weird urge to jump in every game .. If I'm talking to npc's or real human players, I jump. When I'm out exploring I jump. When I'm fighting enemies I jump (if possible) - So Bounce_like a ball_is the perfect name for me hehe.

I have a very similar urge ... :ph34r:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Sorry in a rush so I did not get to read all of the posts. So apologies if they was already posted. With the link provided to the survey from this topic I was able to complete the survey. Might be prudent to fill out the survey.

Thanks for the link, I generally don't register my games, since it usually just gets you spam from the company about things I don't care much about, or already know about.

I fear my answers were a little too negative for how I really felt, but that's just the way they worded the questions. So much fell below my expectations, but not for lack of original ideas or concepts, just for lack of execution (which I take to be lack of time given to Obsidian to actually finish the game).

I hope this does lead to a KOTOR 3, but that it leads to a QUALITY KOTOR 3, not 30 hour hackfest with no real story and mindlessly easy combat. You know, one with a comprehendable ending.

NO! NO! NO!

Hold on for a minute!!

I think you guys have been victims of a POSSABLE PISHING SCAM.

Why? Well, look at the web address for a start, 'home.reelresearch.com', if this was a proper survey, why the hell would it be have a url like this?

1. It starts with HOME.

2. Real is misspelt REEL

3. The web page is VERY bland .

4. There is NO supporting information in the link that AnakinSolo2002 posted that indicates that the 'survey' was commissioned by Lucusarts or anyone envolved with KOTORII.

5. Using Google, I'd expect to find the hompage of 'Nielsen interactive entertainment' on the first page, instead I've found a lot of articals about how the Nielsen rating's demographic data is of use to TV advertising and it's potental in advertising in games.

At best, I'd suggest that the information you people have entered on the linked site is just helping target adverts, at worst, you have just given personal information to an unknown entity. Although, I don't know what type of questions they are asking and I don't intend to find out.

Personally, the ONLY kind of online survey I'd accept would originate from the developer's or publisher's web site. And even then, I'd decline 99.9% of the time. I can only remember one instance where I answered a survey, and that was for Valve, delivered via Steam.

If Lucasarts are really interested in your point of view, they should host a link to a survey on there site, not get a third party to email you.

Pad.

NO! NO! NO!

Hold on for a minute!!

I think you guys have been victims of a POSSABLE PISHING SCAM.

At best, I'd suggest that the information you people have entered on the linked site is just helping target adverts, at worst, you have just given personal information to an unknown entity. Although, I don't know what type of questions they are asking and I don't intend to find out. ...

1. It is 50 questions about KotOR2, so if it is fake, it would have to be someone who knew a lot about KotOR.

2. There is no personal information given in the survey. Not an email address, not country, nothing that can be linked back to the survey taker. If the are Phishing, then they are phishing for something very obscure and not harmful.

3. It is always a good idea to be vigilant, but in this case I believe you are catastophizing. :)

Fill it out in peace.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

That was cathartic.

I wonder if it will count, as I didn't receive the original email. In theory, it shouldn't, if they want the survey to be truly representative of people who played the game.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I wonder if it will count, as I didn't receive the original email.  In theory, it shouldn't, if they want the survey to be truly representative of people who played the game.

I think perhaps you are correct. I went back and checked the link I was given in my e-mail, along with the one that was posted earlier and the ID number in the link are different. I suspect that they only count each ID once, and as such unless you receive an e-mail it may not do any good to answer the survey at the link provided. I don't know this for sure, but it looks that way from my standpoint.

That being said, I think I'll hold on to my ID so my opinion doesn't get trumped by others. :D If this Neilsen is the same as the one that does TV shows I suspect they look for a broad random sample, and unless you are solicited directly they may ignore you. I know I never could figure out how to be a Nielsen family when I looked into it for TV, I suspect this survey may be similar (I was sick of all my shows being canceled, but they don't like volunteers as it messes up there data I guess)

It is good to see LucasArts take at least a modicum of interest though. :)

IMO I think the survey was very good. If you actually look at the questions they can tell who exaggerates for or against the game. Properly analyzed, the survey can help steer the next game to be the best of the 3 KOTOR games. Finally, Just as you wouldn

Guest Dowie100

Did you know that at E3 Lucasarts sayed they are going to cancel many of their games

They said that they were making too many and they were a bit patchy, there new plan is to release 1-2 a year and make them classics (like the days of X-Wing Alliance)

So I think things are looking up

The link worked if I used M$'s IE.

I went looking on LA's website for a press release similar to the Activision one, and while I didn't find that, there is a press release announcing a distribution deal with Activision. I think that may explain some of it.

And I've taken several online surveys - one for my grad school, some from the consumer mail panel [although I haven't won 30,000.00 yet :thumbsup:] and this one, from what I DID see, was extremely similar, so if it's a fake, it's a pretty good one.

:ph34r:

Lord Revan was most displeased with your lack of combat skill.

-Something I wish they'd put in KOTOR