Did anyone else just get a KOTOR II survey?

I just recieved and filled out a third party survey on KOTOR II. Apparantly LucasArts has hired a third party, Nielsen Interactive Entertainment, to ask gamers to tell us what they think about Knights Of The Old Republic II.

The survey was OK, but some of the questions weren't as explicit as I liked. I did enjoy the first 20 hours or so of the game, but the obvious lack of polish was adding up through the game, with the ending a complete disaster in my mind. But the survey asks about my entire experience, so I couldn't help but give them fairly good marks. However there are several "tell it in your own words" sections, and I used that opportunity to intelligently explain where and why I was dissapointed.

I was just curious as to how many of you may have received this same survey, and your thoughts on it. I wonder what the results of such a thing will be? Hopefully, it will show LucasArts to allow time for polish on their games, even if the game may have to be pushed a couple of months. Overall I think Obsidian did a good job, but the game could have cooked a little longer, cause those last few bites just about ruined the good taste of the cake.

what did you do to get this?

I am not exactly sure, it just came in my e-mail this morning. I always register the games I purchase when I get them out of the box. I can only guess that this is how I got the email.

I filled it out hoping to give the developer of KOTOR III enough time to polish the game, as every chance I got, I made a comment about KOTOR II's awesome potential, but distinct lack of polish and obvious fact it was rushed out the door for Christmas. I don't expect it to do any good with the money grubbing publisher type, but it never hurts to try.

well let's hope that

a) Evrybody registered their copy of K2

b) Everybody fills out the form and points out the flaws in a mature and respectable manner.

c) Most importantly the developers of a sequel take note of the responses and do not repeat the mistakes of K2 (or create loads of new ones)

I just recieved and filled out a third party survey on KOTOR II.  Apparantly LucasArts has hired a third party, Nielsen Interactive Entertainment, to ask gamers to tell us what they think about Knights Of The Old Republic II. 

Yeah, I got it too. :- Perhaps the disgusted cries of the fans have been heard?

The survey was OK, but some of the questions weren't as explicit as I liked.  I did enjoy the first 20 hours or so of the game, but the obvious lack of polish was adding up through the game, with the ending a complete disaster in my mind.  But the survey asks about my entire experience, so I couldn't help but give them fairly good marks.  However there are several "tell it in your own words" sections, and I used that opportunity to intelligently explain where and why I was dissapointed.

'Tis the nature of a survey. Of course they want to elicit as many positives as possible so they can use them for marketing, but I did appreciate being able to tell them what I really thought in the text boxes.

Overall I think Obsidian did a good job, but the game could have cooked a little longer, cause those last few bites just about ruined the good taste of the cake.

I agree and I told them as much. Frankly (and this has all been said before) the most disconcerting thing about the game (besides the technical snafus and lack of technical support (patches) were the loose ends. The storylines that went nowhere, the inconsistences etc. Hopefully they'll listen.

So what I'm curious about is what folks told them they want to see in KoTOR III? (Since that was one of the questions.) :D :D

Do you currently have a video game system in your home?

I assume when they ask this, that they mean a CONSOLE system?

Why can't they be more specific for those of us who think of their PC as their video game system. hahaha

EDIT - ok, specifics was on part 2. Bah. This survey is lame. Well, maybe they'll listen, so I guess that's cool.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Nooo....I have to pick only one NPC that I like best.

Yes, definitely too simplified, this is. It's like the mini-polls on nuke sites.

Ok, I'm done w/the pointless 'up too late w/nothing better to do' whining. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It is a marketing survey: companies pay huge amounts to get a good demographic response (because it translates to an accurate report of the market, which they can predict their profits -- or losses -- from).

They start with the basics: where do you, the respondant, fit into the market (age, gender, how much money you spend in the market, etc) so they can correlate the data and build a more accurate picture.

Then they ask the actual questions, usually with a positive spin.

Finally they try to gauge your mood / predict what you will buy next. "These sort of people want a new RPG," etc.

I typed an essay into the "What didn't you like" comment box. Although my exact words may never be seen, someone has to summarise all the comments, so if mine are eloquently explained (for a non-computer literate person who has probably never played a computer game in their life) and reasonable, it will impact on the executive summary. Think sound bites -- I put a few in my comments, so that they can be cherry picked out for the boardroom.

If that doesn't work, then the company is deaf to feedback, so I'll have to look elsewhere for my next game, anyway.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Is this the first survey of this kind that anyone on these boards has encountered? I haven't ever received one, despite having registered most of the games I've ever bought. In a sense, it would be surprising if this kind of survey wasn't standard practice in the industry. Customer feedback is a vital part of future planning, at least in a company that's not completely disfunctional.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Is this the first survey of this kind that anyone on these boards has encountered?  I haven't ever received one, despite having registered most of the games I've ever bought.  In a sense, it would be surprising if this kind of survey wasn't  standard practice in the industry.  Customer feedback is a vital part of future planning, at least in a company that's not completely disfunctional.

I get loads of surveys on business sites (IBM, Micro$quash, etc) and there is always a survey in the box with the games I buy; but I don't recall doing many of them online before ... probably have done a few though.

Just click on the link and you too can complete the survey. (Perhaps it was only sent to US residents?)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

&^%$# !!!

It wouldn't even offer me Hanharr nor Nihilus as favourite npc :thumbsup:

Picked T3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Thanks a bunch for the link, I am very happy I got to have my say on the game "officially" .

I honestly hope they use the information they receive and we end up with an awesome K3 :rolleyes:

- Dan

I got one too but I really thought it was some sort of scam (cause my last name is Nielsen).. Anyways I tried to give as much feedback as possible, and also tried to point out that a game like Kotor simply cannot be rushed. In the end it will be their loss if they screw us like that again.

Or something like that :devil: