What Would You Change In Kotor?

Number 1:You're not Revan..you're not a chosen one..Bastila is...

Number 2:No forced multi-classing..it killed the feeling for me..

Number 3:I'd change the first planet into a 20 minutes run..Taris was boring for me...

Number 4:Revan is dead...

Number 5:Malak would not be a tipical bad-guy..

Number 6:The game should have a shade of grey..

And that's all for now :)

The only thing I found wanting, before I played KotOR2, was size. I would have been happy to run around the KotOR universe as Revan if there were more quests in it -- even being stuck on level 20.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Longer in time and larger in size, more planets, more subquests, the universe should be much more"alive" with not so many limitations and exagerated predestined paths...

MORE freedom to develop you character the way you want him/she to be, that is more freedom apart from the main storyline.....

I think KotOR story was strong enough that wouldnt change much regarding that aspect.

So this is what I would have changed:

1) Larger areas/more zones (I found all the planets to just be to small)

2) Lenght of game (connected to number 1)

3) Add Obsidians influence system for all npcs. (this is one of the areas that Obsidian blew away K1)

4) Star Forge size. (sorry but for size and importance of the station the star forge should have been at least 3 times the size it was in game)

5) An option to place a muzzle on Carth so you wouldnt hear his never ending whining

6) An option to kill Carth rather then Mission on the last planet

7) opps, start as a jedi, no freaking scout, soldier classes at begining (truely hated this aspect of KotOR1, much prefered starting as a jedi in K2)

Thats pretty much about it. I dont think it needed more planets in game, just needed more zones and larger areas in game.

Only other thing that comes to mind is the writing. I find Bioware writing to be very predictable and rarely am I surprised. I had this same problem in JE, everything was obvious so nothing surprised me as I had guessed it a long time before they announced it.

I just wish Bioware would stop giving away the storylines ahead of time and make us think more, make the clues less obvious.

If your asking about K2:

1) NO GO-TO CHARACTER!!!!!!

2) Addition of the HK factory (thats the only thing I reall feel was missing from game, everything else including Malacor was passable)

3) Larger areas/more zones (same as K1)

4) The ending cinimatic

K2 was a more interesting game as things were not so appearent as in K1. As I said above, HK factory really the only thing I noticed was missing. The quests were designed well and interesting, the npc party members (other then Go-To) were interesting as well and im a huge fan of obsidians influence system.

Since I had less bugs in K2 then I had in K1 I cant really complain about that either. No bugs would be nice but I can settle for less bugs then K1 and no game stopping bugs.

1) Bastila is the main hero in the end, not victim of sexist programmers

2) you are not Revan or any other god-like lamer

3) plot should be less apparent and mysterious not running for stupid starmaps all the time

4) I'd like to witness war in this game. All the time we hear about huge war between Republic and Sith but we don't feel it. There's no atmosphere of war like in Clone Wars

5) more subquests and those subquests should be more fun and diverse. There isn't any subquest in KOTOR that could match subquests from Baldur's Gate II!

6)develop Maanan into something less dead and boring. Neutrality offers hundreds of plots during the war.

7)more ancient look of the universe. You don't feel time distance of 4000 years.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

2) you are not Revan or any other god-like lamer

6)develop Maanan into something less dead and boring. Neutrality offers hundreds of plots during the war.

If we are talking about good ideas for a new game, then I have to concur with these points (even though I quite liked Manaan). Neutral countries should be twice as dangerous as behind enemy lines. And there should be more of them, with as many allegiances as the Selkath judges.

Bribery gets a lot of things done (people have to bribe others to look the other way in order for them to look the other way: it's a giant pyramid scheme.)

Why are allies always allies? Why can't they change sides if they are bribed?

Why can't there be more than just "us" and "them". My enemies enemy is my friend, and all that. (K2 tried this on Onderon, with very limited success.)

Why no ethical dilemmas? Like save your party member or that planet of innocents ... or interrogations like Leia: "Tell us where your fleet is or we kill Carth." You get the idea.

There is no need to have a "superman" PC. Just the right person in the wrong place at the wrong time (

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yeah sure! That's what I was thinking about! Manaan is very undeveloped.

And to think that Biowhore had 3 years instead of 1, like Obsidian...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

KotOR I or II? Oh well I'll just do both.

KotOR I.

Pretty well the game suited me fine -- earned a spot on the non-coveted spot on my favorite games list that I am emotionally attached to.

a) Burn Carth's outfit and give him some real clothing. Where the hell did he get that disgusting jacket? I immediately changed him into some cheap armor from the Taris apartments when I saw him in those digsuting boots/jacket. Ick.

b) The whole "being Revan" thing was pretty okay for me, except the shock afterwards wasn't really shock... you just stood there and the AI did their normal actions. <_<

c) Shoot Master Vrook. I'd rather look for Vandar in the second game in the hopes of him talking like Yoda.

d) Not divide Manaan up with so many loading screens. I swear my game crashed about four hundred times on that planet.

e) Having the ability to get some Mandalorian armor without a mod.

f) Insert a Carth-Revan scene like the Bastila-Revan kissing scene. ^_^

g) The game totally lacked on the LS ending...except it is so much better than KotOR II's ending... I'd ditch the cheesy award ceremony and show the future.

KotOR II.

What can I say -- I loved the game up until the part about the Ravenger. Then I started to get a little confused. Loved the characters -- easily to get attached to/to make fun of (*cough* Disciple *cough*).

a) The infulence system. Too much of a hit-or-miss thing.

b) The ending. Can't believe this wasn't #1. Oh well.

c) Length. It took me long, but not long enough.

d) More witty quotes!!

e) Adding a romance subplot!! >_< (I'm such a fangirl). ^_^

f) Adding something like a revelation in... maybe you're Revan too and you just got a mind wipe?! hah I'd laugh at that.

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

KotOR I or II? Oh well I'll just do both.

KotOR I.

Pretty well the game suited me fine -- earned a spot on the non-coveted spot on my favorite games list that I am emotionally attached to.

a) Burn Carth's outfit and give him some real clothing. Where the hell did he get that disgusting jacket? I immediately changed him into some cheap armor from the Taris apartments when I saw him in those digsuting boots/jacket. Ick.

b) The whole "being Revan" thing was pretty okay for me, except the shock afterwards wasn't really shock... you just stood there and the AI did their normal actions.  <_<

c) Shoot Master Vrook. I'd rather look for Vandar in the second game in the hopes of him talking like Yoda.

d) Not divide Manaan up with so many loading screens. I swear my game crashed about four hundred times on that planet.

e) Having the ability to get some Mandalorian armor without a mod.

f) Insert a Carth-Revan scene like the Bastila-Revan kissing scene. ^_^

g) The game totally lacked on the LS ending...except it is so much better than KotOR II's ending... I'd ditch the cheesy award ceremony and show the future.

KotOR II.

What can I say -- I loved the game up until the part about the Ravenger. Then I started to get a little confused. Loved the characters -- easily to get attached to/to make fun of (*cough* Disciple *cough*).

a) The infulence system. Too much of a hit-or-miss thing.

b) The ending. Can't believe this wasn't #1. Oh well.

c) Length. It took me long, but not long enough.

d) More witty quotes!!

e) Adding a romance subplot!!  :) (I'm such a fangirl). ^_^

f) Adding something like a revelation in... maybe you're Revan too and you just got a mind wipe?! hah I'd laugh at that.

KOTOR 2:

I would of written an actual story

no force bond crap

More jedi around

The ending of the Jedi Civil war

Killing the remaining sith leaders (like we were told before game release faqs. very old faqs).. having the choice to hunt down the sith or aid them.

Would of written something about the infintite fleet, how exactly do 5000 ships simply go missing?

Replace Bastila's role with a hunk, or in other words a pretty boy (w00t) :">

a girl-talk dialogue tree with Bastila, so you can properly discuss carth and the replacement hunk with another woman :D

replacement hunk should look a bit like this:

http://www.eric-close.com/data/gallery/now...nowagain03.html

http://www.eric-close.com/data/gallery/now...nowagain04.html

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/0330913/HH/...,%20Christopher

:rolleyes:

I will chance what happens after Peragus.. you should have an option to travel to Nar Shaddaa 1st.. in the end of the day.. you just killed 2 planets.. going to Telos into the hands of the TSF is a bit stupid...

You should have the option to ether go to Telos or Nar Shaddaa .

I guess all I would like to see changed in Kotor is for Bastila to kill Malak on the Leviathan. ( most people seem be to chopping Malak up into little bits by then anyway) and have her fall to the darkside after killing a helpless Malak and becoming the new dark lord.

the game moves on as normal and we confront Bastila on the top of the tempel to find out about Malak being killed and Bastila being the new dark lord wanting revenge on the weak jedi that were keeping her back so she wouldn't become all powerfull.

Then she offers you a chance to turn to the dark side and become her apprentice.

and get the options to go eighter :

Light side no, (but you can turn back to the light) option.

Lightside/darkside No, ( Die sith die !) option.

The Darkside yes, (Sure that sound like fun, death to the jedi !) option.

Or Darkside No, (But soon you'll be calling me master) option.

Then you eighter redeem Bastila and destroy the starforge

Kill her and try to destroy/capture the starforge. (ls/ds)

Join with her with you as eighter the master or the apprentice and kill the jedi and the rest or the non darkside party members and defeat the republic fleet to claim the starforge.

I really didn't like the seemingly endless hordes of dark jedi and sith troops that had come to kill me.

If it had to be in the story it should have had confused sith on board asking me if i was there new master now.

a couple of fractions should have formed when the old master came back for revenge seeing that Malak couldn't kill us twice now.

Those factions should have been killing each other.

The starforge being a gaint darkside haunted spacestation makes me wonder, just imagin it playing mind games with the crew for Ds points, there should have been a lot of crazy and confused sith in there.

I would have liked it better it it wasn't just killing sith by the truck load.

The game does seem to want you to think that the sith are more then just mindless animals who attack on sight.

In K1 I'd change... NOTHING! Really -> I like it the way it is. For me there's really nothing to argue about.

In K2:

- for Gsakes the Exile's getting too much kicked for a main character (OK ok it can be when I'm LS but I find it stupid that I get kicked every 2 seconds after I planned to be a DS manipulator).

-> Hmm we want Mira to be powerful... so we must find ourselves a target which will be owned by her... OH! I know! Let's do it to the Exile!!

-> Hmm we want to show how much Goto's a boss... I know! Let's kick the Exile again!

-> Kreia must show her power (like we never get bored of it) but there are not Jedi Masters left... hmm... whom to be her drain life target... I know! -> The Exile!!

-> Hmm we want more of Kreia's super powers! (yipee!) hmm... what to do... I know! - let's make a bunch of Sith Holocrons fry someones arse! And the winner is... the Exile AGAIN!!

(no offense but if they wanted it so specially then at least they should have added 4 more death animations cuz this got kinda boring)

- KREIA - she ruined the whole game.

- you must do what Kreia says

- you can never make Kreia feel stupid about anything dumb she said (and believe me she does)

- you can't really justify why you did a DS/LS thing when she starts her great-mentor gibberish after you've done something

- to make Kreia look powerful they made 3 jedi masters fall withing a single zap which and therefore made Nihilus not look so special any longer with his 'one zap one kill of anything' ability)

- Sion's a damn whiner about Kreia ("why did she choose you? not me? whyyyyy!!! <cries> I want my mommy to love me!" -> simply pathetic)

- NO GRAY OPTIONS!!! In K1 if you encountered a stupid DS answer you could always choose it. Now in K2 all you can say else is "I love puppies"

And that's about it. Only 3 things but they really are annoying.

Replace Bastila's role with a  hunk, or in other words a pretty boy (w00t)  :">

a girl-talk dialogue tree with Bastila, so you can properly discuss carth and the replacement hunk with another woman  :D

replacement hunk should look a bit like this:

http://www.eric-close.com/data/gallery/now...nowagain03.html

http://www.eric-close.com/data/gallery/now...nowagain04.html

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/0330913/HH/...,%20Christopher

:ermm:

Hmh? You forgot something:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/MMPH/C57535.jpg

http://www.hotblogandrelish.com/images/Jakeg.jpg

^_^

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

Brad Pitt, hands down.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES: