Little differences from original

There were little details in the original I enjoyed a lot, but some of these features appeared absent in the sequal. :)

*There was more interaction with unimportant characters

*I found it funny how losers in the cantinas hit on Revan sometimes (drunk sith in Manaan, and a guy on Taris). Not to mention the sith x-principle, upon capturing female Revan, says something like "I'm not beyond killing a woman, even a pretty one"

*Instead of influence, you could pursue a special NPC quest

I can't think of any more right now, but you are welcome to suggest more :cool:

Another thing I noticed is instead of NPC conversations mostly happening outside the ebon hawk, they were inside intead. Which did you like better, would both have been good?

Major enemies actively chased you, rather than the sequal where you more often went to them, save for Peragus and Telos (I know there were plenty of others but they weren't major enemys you put a name to).

I'm not saying one game is better than the other, I'm just asking how ppl feel about those little differences :)

I appoligise if this topic has been done.

I pretty much agree with you Padmi... in theory the influence system was a good idea... just don't think it was very well executed in the game, so the henchmen side quests seemed better :)

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

I prefered nothing from the original over K2...well perhaps Bastila..but that's it :wub:

*Instead of influence, you could pursue a special NPC quest

No way..I hated the NPC quests from K1 :ph34r:

*I found it funny how losers in the cantinas hit on Revan sometimes (drunk sith in Manaan, and a guy on Taris). Not to mention the sith x-principle, upon capturing female Revan, says something like "I'm not beyond killing a woman, even a pretty one"

Don't care..never played female...

But why must the SW universe have some men acting the same twords women like in ours :)

*There was more interaction with unimportant characters

Where? :)

I've never noticed a difference...

Well I don't remeber anything like that..all the interactions with unimportant NPCs seemed bland to me :wub:

Ok Baley, I think you've made yourself abundantly clear on the topic of which KotOR game you prefer. :)

The Influence concept, as Lauch said above, was a terrific idea that went nowhere. (Incidentally, Padmi, I expect the interactions were in the Ebon Hawk in order to keep them simple, no need to have multiple backgrounds etc.)

I found the side quests much more engaging in K1; remember killing the Trandoshans and the secret (ssshh!) assassin guild? Bland? o:) They were incidental NPCs, and they were fleshed out. I can't think of too many in K2 apart from a couple of Mandalorians on Dxun, and they were very close to the critical path of the narrative.

Don't care..never played female...

But why must the SW universe have some men acting the same twords women like in ours  :)

I don't need to remind you that just because you don't role play a certain way doesn't mean it should be hampered. And the reason males are lecherous in the game is because they are (for the most part) lecherous in reality. Although, I would like to have seen some different interactions, too.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I don't need to remind you that just because you don't role play a certain way doesn't mean it should be hampered. And the reason males are lecherous in the game is because they are (for the most part) lecherous in reality. Although, I would like to have seen some different interactions, too.

Yes..in our universe..in our galaxy...on our planet...Not in SW...

For all we know ,cultures don't evolve the same way everywhere :wub:

It could be very much different from the way depicted in K1,for example women could come on to the male PC and so on...

I found the side quests much more engaging in K1; remember killing the Trandoshans and the secret (ssshh!) assassin guild? Bland? blink.gif They were incidental NPCs, and they were fleshed out. I can't think of too many in K2 apart from a couple of Mandalorians on Dxun, and they were very close to the critical path of the narrative.

I considered unimportant the NPCs with one lines and so forth not the ones that give quests or are even remotely important... :)

And yes I like the assasin guild quests :)

I do like the fact that Luxa seems to come onto the Exile whether male or female.

Cloris

Yes ,but they do not start hiting on you...

ON Taris ,you have to persuade her..

ON Manaan you have no option to hit on her..you just talk to her a little...

What I'd like to see is more Luxa tipe females in the games :rolleyes:

Yes ,but they do not start hiting on you...

ON Taris ,you have to persuade her..

ON Manaan you have no option to hit on her..you just talk to her a little...

What I'd like to see is more Luxa tipe females in the games :rolleyes:

*shrugs*

Oh well, at least it is kinda funny how it is usually loser types that hit on Revan and it is especially funny when you find out she is the ex-sith lord :thumbsup:

I agree they should add more of that stuff in for the guys. :lol:

Just like they need to fix probs like the sith disguise, cos when feamle Rev puts it on she looks like a man because they didn't bother to make an alternate version. :thumbsup:

Are there any female sith costumes?..I think that either:

1.All are male,so she had to look male...

2.The costume is the same for both sexes so nobody could tell the difference...

:)

Read - more females with huge breasts....

Like I even noticed :shifty:

Are there any female sith costumes?..I think that either:

1.All are male,so she had to look male...

2.The costume is the same for both sexes so nobody could tell the difference...

:)

Read - more females with huge breasts....

Like I even noticed :thumbsup:

Yes, but my puny scoundrel got suddenly taller and generally larger all over. :thumbsup: The uniform should have been way too big and really loose, could have been quite funny, actually :huh:

I agree they should add more of that stuff in for the guys. :rolleyes:

Hey, now, I liked Luxa and I'm not a guy. 'Course, for me, her main selling point was her attitude...

Maybe they should go back to some of the old pc game conventions. I remember a game, I think it was an early Leisure Suit Larry, where to get the adult content you had to answer a series of questions about recent history (I think one was about Nixon). Of course, this is the age of the search engine, so maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea.

I like randy material in my games, as long as it is done with some style.

Cloris

The Kotor2 Space Suit was DISTURBING. WHen you accelerate you appear to have bowel syndrome. And the Kotor2 ending could potentiallly have been far surperior to Kotor1 had it not been rushed.... I prefer the influence quests, the character quests where BUGGY. On every playthrough at least one didn't activate, or I recieved no journal netries (On my first playthrough it was Carth's son, with the former, on the 2nd Mission's brother with the latter).