What Did You Think Of The Kotor Revelation??

It certainly had the desired effect (one of them, anyway) of making the character revelant to galactic history. Instead of being "the one who will stop Revan" we become Revan.

I liked it.

That said, I wouldn't like to see it again. I am over amnesia. Build an engaing story, even if you have to have multiple start points to involve different people, like Bioware's new Dragon Age.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I liked it. I bought KOTOR well after it was released. A friend from work who had finished the game already was really cool and didn't wreck the suprise for me.

IMO I thought it was a great twist. I was so into the game that it didn't cross my mind at that I was Revan. Of course looking back now it seems all the clues were there but I didn't put two and two together... :)

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I hated it with all my might :D ...and I've got a lot of Might&Magic games :wub:

Yes..you could have seen it from miles away...very bad move Bio...no as bad as Desther's betrayal ...but still :)

you hated the Revan revelation? :)

I hated it at first because it was like the first time I played an RPG and I fixed my character totally and realising that I'm not acctually the character I wanted to be made me kinda sick :/

I've given up on K2 for about half a year but then when I knew it my characters were made to fit the whole 'he is Revan' thing.

My second K2 playthru was as DS manipulator Revan and I liked it so much that I played it a second time lately.

[useless opinions]

Then after a few more playthru's I've realised that being Revan in K1 aint so bad and doesn't limit the character.

I understood it even more after playing the Exile in K2. Believe me -> there's more Revans you can play in K1 than Exiles in K2.

Revan musn't be manipulated the whole game, musn't give dumb-darkside or lightside answers - he can choose the neutrals which existed in K1.

Revan can make all those who bought him pain suffer twice as much.

Revan is defined by his decisions - not Kreia's decisions.

[/useless opinions]

you hated the Revan revelation?  :blink:

Yes..why shouldn't I have..I think it was silly...at that point my character seemed not to be mine anymore..especially because he\she was getting her memory back >_<

I didn't like it one bit...

IMHO,people o:)

Baley, two words: Role Play.

I think you are confusing the term, much the way Bruce Willis acts: he doesn't play different characters, he plays Bruce Willis in a new story. :D

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Ah, Baley, but seeing as you do play a character that has a major influence on the Star Wars universe, most fans will like having a 'set' story.

I play action games for that not RPGs..I play RPGs to play my character as I see feet :blink:

... And GL probably doesn't know who to cast as you in the film.

Oh,please let's just hope he doesn't make a K movie all-together >_<

Yes and I want to play myself..not a character which already has a somewhat predefined personality...

That's why I don't want to have Revan as PC in K3 o:)

But there was no predefinition. A man is what he does, not the sum of his memories. (Or something like that: Kwato from Total Recall.)

You had as much choice as with any character in any RPG; the same as the Exile: you could choose Dark or Light or anywhere in between. (In fact I think there were more choices in K1.)

I don't follow your argument. >_< (Perhaps if you stopped zipping around making cute one-liners on fifteen different threads and thought about a couple for a longer time you might make some more sense? :blink: )

Revan was your PC to do with what you wanted. Save the Republic or destroy it. Just kill Malak on the way, please.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Thing is, Baley, you can't have a true RPG with a story like this. Revan influenced the Star Wars universe enormously, and therefore there must be a set story for the databanks and such.

Would you have preferred 'mysterious stranger with no backstory swoops in and saves the world'?

But there was no predefinition. A man is what he does, not the sum of his memories. (Or something like that: Kwato from Total Recall.)

You had as much choice as with any character in any RPG; the same as the Exile: you could choose Dark or Light or anywhere in between. (In fact I think there were more choices in K1.)

Revan was your PC to do with what you wanted. Save the Republic or destroy it. Just kill Malak on the way, please.

No, Revan got his memories back..went after Kreia(so (s)he remebered who (s)he was)...

Also all the things we find out in K2 tell us about his personality..and it really seems not to matter much even if he was light or dark in K1...

You see,now he has a purpose...

Now he is the old Revan,not your PC..your PC might be just a fade memory for all we know :blink:

Thing is, Baley, you can't have a true RPG with a story like this. Revan influenced the Star Wars universe enormously, and therefore there must be a set story for the databanks and such.

Would you have preferred 'mysterious stranger with no backstory swoops in and saves the world'?

I'd rather never meet Revan or at least customize him(with llet's say someone aking you to draw him\her)

Or just kill him\her..simple eh... >_<

I thought it was a good twist .. it was cliche, but it worked! I had totally ignored all the signs on the way so I was pleasantly suprised (perhaps even a bit startled) at the revelation ..

It was like BG .. when you find out you are a child of Bhall, you feel a certain responsibility afterwards ..

Things I missed in KOTOR:

I wish they had made a bigger deal out of Malak .. I mean he was your former best friend and later pupil as a Dark Lord .. As a LS it should be a little emotional to be forced to kill him at the end!

and you should've been confronted with your past crimes as Revan .. even though you were not the same person, you did wage a war against the Republic and innocents were killed because of you ..

Fortune favors the bald.

I... uh... agree with Baley.

About Revan or the KotOR movie sentiment? :D

You missed my last post :p

No, I ignored it to make a joke. ;)

I don't see why my good friend Rosbjerg's argument is any less valid than yours. I mean, it may deminish your memory of your K1 game, but you could argue the same with Deus Ex:IW, where you character from the first game has been hijacked from the narrative and you have to play someone else.

Put it this way, you have been sent in a time machine back to just after Revan was captured and magically infused into Revan's mind -- but the transfer wasn't perfect and you haven't quite got full access to Revan's memory, or indeed yours prior to the transfer. (Both are restored before the end of the game.)

You can play the game over and over again, changing as much or as little as you like.

The fact that Revan destroys the Star Forge whether LS or DS is not historically significant oir unusual. How important to you why the Trojans let the Greeks Horse in through the city gates? Were they bribed or tricked?

It doesn't stop the PC you play from being yours and doing precisely what you want Revan to do, whilst Revan is your to do with what you will ... :shifty:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

After the revelation...you start losing your personality and easely turn back to Revan...

Now let's take this story-wise...

You just find out you are Revan,with as much you remember about your past life..you forget who you are now.

The PCs personality was programmed by the council. That was who you, the player were..you were not Revan.

.While remebering who you once were you lose yourself.. and that's why Revan's revelation was a bad idea...because you lose who you once were...

:p

After the revelation...you start losing your personality and easely turn back to Revan...

Now let's take this story-wise...

You just find out you are Revan,with as much you remember about your past life..you forget who you are now.

The PCs personality was programmed by the council. That was who you, the player were..you were not Revan.

.While remebering who you once were you lose yourself.. and that's why Revan's revelation was a bad idea...because you lose who you once were...

:p

Not at all. You are still you. And you are Revan. You just don't remember what happened before the start of the game.

One day, when you are legally permitted to drink the liquor of the devil, you may come across a situation where someone doesn't remember what they did the night before, during a large imbibing session. Does this mean they wren't there? Does this mean that it wasn't them? Does this mean that it didn't happen? (These are philosophical dilemmas and your answers may vary.)

I think most people would agree that despite the memory loss, Revan is Revan is you. :shifty:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It's not a memory loss..it's a memory override :shifty:

You see Revan's memery was overwriten with what was then the PC

He had his own memories,his own wishes,he had a past just like the character from BG for example...he was not Revan,he was the PC :p