the graphics

im just asking who of you would really care about better graphics for kotor 3, or would you be okay with the ones from kotor I,II.

for myself i wouldnt care so much for the graphics. i just want a great story

I care.

If there is a KotORIII I do hope it's made in the Jade Empire engine at least.

... The Unreal 3 engine would be sufficient as well.

"When the foul sore of envy corrupts the vanquished heart, the very exterior itself shows how forcibly the mind is urged by madness. For paleness seizes the complexion, the eyes are weighed down, the spirit is inflamed, while the limbs are chilled, there is frenzy in the heart, there is gnashing with the teeth."

I'd rather have something that didn't crash every 5 minutes. I'd put game stability over graphics any day of the week.

Edit: Oh, and a great story. My priorities go like this: Stability, Story, Characters, Lightsabers, ...Graphics.

Graphics aren't really a major concern. As long as they're on a par with most other games I won't really be bothered. The story and gameplay take a much higher priority for me. And a game without too many bugs is important too.

"there definatly should be a new engine, i'm tired of seeing the same battle animations over and over again, the dumb AI and the dated graphics"

They could alwasy add more animations.

The AI has nothing to do with an engine, really; but with programming.

The graphics are still pretty darn good. Not the best; but not horrible or even 'dated'.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Nuts. Graphics are not primary.

I just played Deus Ex again, and even though the game requires DirectX 7.a and 64MB RAM / 8MB VRAM, it still makes for a better game than KotOR2.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well I'm replaying PS:T and its's still drop-dead gorgeus :)

+ it beats K2 on every level

Exactly, there is a je ne s'ais quoi above and beyond pixel shading; otherwise a text adventure would never get off the ground.

And besides, the graphics in Deus Ex are sufficient to carry the story: I still feel virtiginous on a precipice like the edge of the top of a building.

No, what we need is an immersive story with characters that seem to breath and bleed and cry.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well Deus Ex still lookes great...better then let's say Postal2(based on the same engine,launched 3 years later) :wub:

And yes text adventures were and still are great :)

+I've always like drawn backgrounds-Like Kult's...from the more recent games :)

No, what we need is an immersive story with characters that seem to breath and bleed and cry.

We've always needed that...and that's what I expect from 2 games: NWN2 and Advent Rising..I just hope they deliver o:)

Just as long as it's atleast as good as K1 and K2 engine, if it's less I won't play it. Also, if they make lots of changes, If they change the view point any I won't play it, That is the one reason why I actuallyplayed this game. I've never liked the weird 4th person view in RPG's like FF or NWN, as long as they keep this 3rd person type I'll love it to the ends of the earth, that's all I ask.

A minimum quality of graphics is required - it adds to the atmosphere.

I want to be fooled into thinking that im being immersed into an alternate reality and not realise im playing a game which is essentially rolling dice and reading a lot of text.

The quality of the text can imerse you more than some preatty graphics,just remember the old text adventures :)

I still have some on my PC ....

And for me beautiful graphics are the ones created with the IE

I loved the arhitecture and the general feel of those games :)

Just as long as it's atleast as good as K1 and K2 engine, if it's less I won't play it. Also, if they make lots of changes, If they change the view point any I won't play it, That is the one reason why I actuallyplayed this game. I've never liked the weird 4th person view in RPG's like FF or NWN, as long as they keep this 3rd person type I'll love it to the ends of the earth, that's all I ask.

FYI: Third person is what you are referring to as "4th person" and First Person is what you are referring to as "3rd Person".

I think you're referring to the isometric view when you speak about "4th Person", like the view you get in the Civilization / Total War games. You can change from isometric to third person view in NwN.

I actually prefer a "God view". I think the way forward is to have an unlimited zoom, so you can start at planet level then zoom all the way down to the blood gushing from a knife wound on your arm. (Of course there should be hotkeys mapped to favourite magnifications.)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

KotOR 2 looked worse than its predecessor not only due to the dated engine but the artwork was also very poor. Can't believe I would say this one day about the people who made gorgeous artwork in PS:T and Icewind Dale.

Pixel shaders and co. are only tools. They don't make beautiful graphics automatically but only contribute to it. If you look at recent online games like WoW or Guild Wars you will notice that they don't use cutting edge engines but they are nontheless impressive because of the artwork.

Of course graphics matter. They help visualize the story.

You wouldn't play the original KotOR had it been an 8 bit 2d sidescroller.

Of course I would..if the game was good I'd play it :blink:

Pixel shaders and co. are only tools. They don't make beautiful graphics automatically but only contribute to it. If you look at recent online games like WoW or Guild Wars you will notice that they don't use cutting edge engines but they are nontheless impressive because of the artwork.

Exactly...

That's what developers should learn and that's also why I still love the IE visuals >_<

I was refering to Internet Explorer graphics ;)

Yes, the Infinity Engine :shifty: ..my favourite one ;)

Tho it seems ,Aurora can be used very well in Witcher's case...

Don't get me wrong,I enjoyed NWN..but the graphics were not the main atractions...

...but they were still functional :p

I care too but i did not find Kotor 1 and 2 bad from the graphics view

Kotor2 was a little out of date from graphics

(Mainly because of Obsidians bad choice of some textures)

but was not ugly