Star Maps Or Jedi Masters

Jedi Masters.

Why? I simply enjoyed chasing them down and then killing them.

"When the foul sore of envy corrupts the vanquished heart, the very exterior itself shows how forcibly the mind is urged by madness. For paleness seizes the complexion, the eyes are weighed down, the spirit is inflamed, while the limbs are chilled, there is frenzy in the heart, there is gnashing with the teeth."

The star maps looked cooler than the Jedi Masters (we even saw Vrook before, in K1).

The Jedi Masters gave us forms, though. I liked that.

PS Where are the star maps, now? And the forgidden planet -- it should be accessible as normal, now. After all Revan killed everyone on the damn planet.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

This really should of been a poll.

If you're quick enough you can create a poll after the post is created.

In the end - Star Maps.

I expected that after getting the masters, the LS path would have them in battle vs Sith, not necessarily in your party but you get idea; think start of Star Forge level. too bad it took a weird turn and never eventuated.

Star Maps led to something where as finding the Masters didn't lead to much - didn't involve anything about stopping the Sith.

(don't get me wrong, the game was still fun)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Jedi Masters, because of their background infos.

I disagree. The Jedi Masters didn't tell us anything. Sure they had a lot to say, but none of it was consistent -- either with some central plot, or with each other. Vrook and Kavar flat out contradict each other almost every time they speak.

At least there was some point to the Star Maps, they were beacons heralding the next, secret bit.

Also you couldn't destroy the Star Maps completely because they repair themselves. And I liked the fact that the planets were out-of-control automatic gardeners: oops left the tap on for 20 000 years so looks like we've got km high trees ... :rolleyes:)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I liked the way an enemy who had been hunting you down turned up just before reaching a starmap :geek:

The Jedi Masters were boring and there wasn't enough oppotunity to be really obnoxious to them, true you could kill them, but I'd rather irritate them, annoy them on purpose, say rude things and still pass as lightside :thumbsup:"

Starmaps :rolleyes:

Starmaps.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I think the main difference is that for every planet in K1, the starmaps were the endpoint of every planetary quest. You went through quests to get to them, because of them.

In K2, the masters appeared during the quests - they weren't the climax of the quest, but an element that surfaced toward the end.

It's a matter of personal opinion, obviously, but I like them both in different ways. The masters though, did provide more stimulating conversation. :huh:

Hello ;)

I just wanted to know did you find searching for the Jedi masters in Kotor II more fun or searching for the star maps from Kotor 1 more full fillling?

I guess Ill say Jedi Masters BUT to be honest I found star maps and jedi masters to be kinda boring in both games.

I found the trip to the star maps and jedi masters far more interesting then actually finding them.

There was also major problems in both storylines regarding the star maps and master jedis that contradicted the searchs.

This nt the spoiler section so wont go into those contradictions here other then to say, when all was said and done, neither made a whole lot of sence when you take into account who was around and where they were located.

The Star Maps were much more interesting to look at (Vrook isn't easy on the eyes), but the Jedi Masters were more interesting to intereact with. From a greedy point of view: the Masters gave powers, the maps just gave directions. ;)

Cloris

... I found the trip to the star maps and jedi masters far more interesting then actually finding them.

... a lot like life, then.

... This nt the spoiler section so wont go into those contradictions here other then to say, when all was said and done, neither made a whole lot of sence when you take into account who was around and where they were located.

You can use spoiler tags; also you can talk about the first game with impunity. I wish you would, because this comment is too oblique for me ... :(

The Star Maps were much more interesting to look at (Vrook isn't easy on the eyes), but the Jedi Masters were more interesting to intereact with.  From a greedy point of view: the Masters gave powers, the maps just gave directions.  :)

The Krath Dargon gave you the black pearl. Kashyyk gave the Circlet of Saresh. Korriban gave the Solaris crystal. (Can't remember off hand what Manaan gave up ...) so greed-wise the spoils are about even. It was the boring attitude from Vrook et alia that gave me the squirts; at least they could have told you

WTF you were exiled

. :thumbsup:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The Krath Dargon gave you the black pearl. Kashyyk gave the Circlet of Saresh. Korriban gave the Solaris crystal. (Can't remember off hand what Manaan gave up ...) so greed-wise the spoils are about even. It was the boring attitude from Vrook et alia that gave me the squirts; at least they could have told you

WTF you were exiled

. :thumbsup:

True, but I didn't mean greed for stuff, but for powers. :) More info would have been good, since that was part of the reason your were tracking them down to begin with, or at least part of my reason...

Cloris

... More info would have been good, since that was part of the reason your were tracking them down to begin with, or at least part of my reason...

Well, we initially didn't know about the Power benefits; we were searching for meaning to our existence. Maybe Obsidian were just being deeper than I give them credit for: the answers we seek are gained from within, and those who we look to find them will be nothing but a disapointment in the end ... :D

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT