Star Wars will continue beyond episode III

The main problem of making ep7-9 is that various Zahns and Stackpoles f....cked

Star Wars after ROTJ with their lame ideas. GL could make these episodes only by

destroying EU timeline created by these jerks. And this would enrage fans who buy all these Zahn "novels". And unfortunately this guy has many fans.

I think that GL made huge mistake by not making ep7-9 at once in 1980s. Instead parasites took over...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

The main problem of making ep7-9 is that various Zahns and Stackpoles f....cked

Star Wars after ROTJ with their lame ideas. GL could make these episodes only by

destroying EU timeline created by these jerks. And this would enrage fans who buy all these Zahn "novels". And unfortunately this guy has many fans.

I don't see a problem.

GL makes his movies, the books already exist, who is concerned? Worst case, the books represent an alternative universe.

Big Deal.

So a couple of authors' books are read by tens of people instead of hundreds, as in the case now. If they are smart, they'll secure the rights to novelise the new film. Twice the money for the same story.

I also don't believe the diehard SW geeks are going to boycott a SW film just because it differs from a book plot written by someone else twenty years ago. And those that don't know the book plots (i.e. most of the billions of the potential audience) would be none the wiser.

Summary: who cares? :thumbsup:"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Excellent MD! i was about to say the same thing :thumbsup:

I reiterate: If it didnt happen in the movies, it didnt happen at all.

Dont read the bit below if you want to stay spolier free for episode 3

i wonder how much EU fanboys will be pissed at the fact there are no Force ghosts before EP 3 - no freedon nadd, No DS spirits offering exar kun special powers, pretty much negates the events up to KoTOR, oh well :)

Well there was a very big thread on the boards :thumbsup:

This is what is known as a vocal minority.

Most people who go to a new SW film (read: the masses who make the blockbuster happen) wouldn't even know what episode number it is, let alone who wrote it.

(And the vocal minority would be elbowing everyone out of the way to be first in line. :))

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If they were to create a movie in the KOTOR time, I'd prefer they made one that was about the Mandalorian Wars, like a prequel to KOTOR1, it would be pointless to make a movie of KOTOR1 & 2.

If you think about it, every movie that is made off of a game is crappy, and every game made from a movie sucks too. *cough*Revenge of the Sith*cough* :-

Well there was a very big thread on the boards ;)

Hmm I agree tho,there are a lot of people who only whatch the movies for the action parts...

The movies will be succesfull that's for sure :-

IIRC that basilisk thread was some fool whinging about the most superficial of points.

The SW movies have always been simplistic in story so what else to go and see it if not for the grand action sequences.

The movies are and were successful (or were you talking about something else)

I said that most people whatch them for the action parts(which are helped by the special efects)...

...and that's why they're and will be succesfull,unless they change the recipe which I doubt...

Anything wrong ,Flatus?

To complete the current trend the next trilogy would need to be broadcast when the current audience is in the high-diposable-income demographic (18-35, before annoying commitments like mortgages and children come along) so they have no problem throwing cash at the merchandise.

Then they need to make the film aimed at seven year olds, so that Harry Potter looks like Hamlet.

Thankfully I will either be dead or senile by then.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

FACT: George Lucas has stated that he is not making any more Star Wars Movies.

FACT: ALL LucasFilm employee's are forced to sign a contract upon working at the company stating to not disclose any information / talk about Episodes 7-9...

Make your own mind up?

At last you have returned to your weird and cool threads Eddo! :shifty:

Man nine months of waiting, but at last!!!! :)

lol 9 months of hell in boot camp and in the USMC. I'm happy to be out.

9 months huh, that is all you spent in the Marine Corps, what, ya couldn't hack it?

Boot Camp wasn't that difficult, I had a blast, good ole Parris Island. I spent plenty of time on ship and in the desert. When to interesting countries and had sex with their more attractive women(before I met and married my wife).

But 9 months, heh. You barely had enought time to get threw your school and get into the fleet. Depending on which MOS you picked.

I spent 5 years in the Marine Corps, and the only reason I got out at all , was because my wife was already tired of Military life.

I hope you didn't do somethign stupid to get kicked out, unless you got out on a medboard. If you got a dishonerable discharge, trust me, future employeers besides crappy jobs like fast-food will look back and see what ya did. Good luck.

if you state something as fact and are adamant about it in a crass manner at least provide some evidence as back up instead of resorting to name calling.

Its a little difficult to research BS rumours :shifty: ... well maybe not for a social troglodyte.

Oh ho ho, step back we have the mis-informed, unrelenting megalomaniac on board <_<

As far as im concerned if a "rumour" is printed as fact, then it is liable. As if it was printed as fact and there was no truth it it there would be lawsuits and heaven knows what after them, this information came from PC-Gamer (March edition).

If you want more proof then you can research it yourself, i have not forced my knowledge upon you ive merely given a statement, its your perogative whether it believe it or not but personally from this mini conversation im inclined to believe your a lazy, arrogant child.

/endrant

Indeed he is.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

hey I personally look forward to a live action tv show. it might be great because I remember the first time I heard about the clone wars cartoons I though they would suck but they proved me wrong they kick ass so if the live action is anything as cool sign me up (w00t)

Well that was a fun thread. We'll just ship this one off to the sandbox, before the magic line gets crossed and I actually have to do something ... :ermm:

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: