i want to buy some new ram

can any one tell me how to check what ram fits my computer

(the only thing i know is that i am using ddr ram)

Kingston have an online RAM assessor. Check it out; it will guide you from brand, model, etc to determine what your specs are, and even give you the competitive pricing with pricegrabber.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You could start by saying what computer it is... :D

the computer i am using is a P4-2.5G

What's the FSB of your machine? It'll be something like 533 MHz or 800 MHz. If you have an 800 MHz, you will need PC-3200 DDR.

As others have posted, knowing who made your motherboard and the model number will go a long way towards helping us help you. ;)

sooo, can my computer support this one??

or which company's ram will u guys suggest

http://www.canadacomputers.com/cc/index.ph...965ac0a0385edb6

If I'm reading your specs correctly as listed here for the motherboard you show in your thumbnail picture, http://www.ecsusa.com/products/p4vmm2_v7.html Your motherboard only has two (total) Ram slots, which can hold 2 GB's of ram. And the fastest Ram you could put in there would be 333 mhz. (DDR). The ram you are looking at is 400 mhz. Your ram slots do have the 2.5 volts required for some DDR rams though....That's good!

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |