Attack of the Nerds

Drakron

I think we might be in danger of taking ourselves a bit too seriously.

For a start, the geek jokes about not ever meeting a female don't ring true when there is one getting married and another pregnant. It is meant as fun, people have to laugh at themselves. It's healthy.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think we might be in danger of taking ourselves a bit too seriously.

For a start, the geek jokes about not ever meeting a female don't ring true when there is one getting married and another pregnant. It is meant as fun, people have to laugh at themselves. It's healthy.

sure, and I'm not offended or anything .. I did laugh .. but as I said I felt that at some points he crossed a line ..

Fortune favors the bald.

Well I'm happy that you are able to lead a normal life.. but some people actually have serious problems with fitting in .. and like Nartwak pointed out I used the word "bridge" ..

I dont think anyone leads a normal life, they lead a life that is within sociaty standarts ... well most of it.

drakron.png

Well I'm happy that you are able to lead a normal life.. but some people actually have serious problems with fitting in .. and like Nartwak pointed out I used the word "bridge" ..

I dont think anyone leads a normal life, they lead a life that is within sociaty standarts ... well most of it.

sometime it gets tiresome to speak in relative terms and I choose a general description .. so living a normal life, in this regard, is a synonym for being able to simply function with other people and in society ..

Fortune favors the bald.

Yes.

Of course defenitions changed, 10 years ago being known to play video games would label you as a nerd as easy as knowing you owned a toy lightsaber or played D&D.

Today playing computer games is aceptable as "normal".

drakron.png

Obviously, it depends on the games. I'm thinking of "Do you like horny bunnies? 2" here. :-"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Of course defenitions changed, 10 years ago being known to play video games would label you as a nerd as easy as knowing you owned a toy lightsaber or played D&D.

You are still labeled as some what of a nerd for playing computer .. at least here amongst the people in my generation! and even more for roleplaying ..

but roleplaying is very positive influence on those I work with .. it allows them to play different people. Which helps them to develop social skills, as a big part of it involves putting yourself in others place and imagining how they think!

Fortune favors the bald.

I just got a picture of you playing D&D with the two dishwashers from "RIget" :D Im a horrible person...

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

That was gold. It was funny too because the Quebecers thought it was funny, while the Anglophones thought it was offensive.

The Anglophones thought it was offensive? WHICH Anglophones? Around these parts everybody thought it was funny. But then again, Anglos in Toronto REALLY hate French people.

I did think it was quite funny though... and I am a (former) Quebecer.

Well it caused a big outrage in Ottawa and many MPs demanded that they apologize and such, and many newspaper columnists freaked out about it. The thing was all the MPs and columnists were from ontario and western Canada.

But yeah, they demanded that he apologize, so on the next one in New York, Conan did this big apology thing where he had a french translator. And the translator was translating his apology as "I have a small ****. My head is enormous" etc.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Riket1.jpg

Najj Rosbjerg! Du m

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well it caused a big outrage in Ottawa and many MPs demanded that they apologize and such, and many newspaper columnists freaked out about it. The thing was all the MPs and columnists were from ontario and western Canada.

But yeah, they demanded that he apologize, so on the next one in New York, Conan did this big apology thing where he had a french translator. And the translator was translating his apology as "I have a small >libido<. My head is enormous" etc.

What garbage (sorry North Americans: What trash) politicians talk about in an effort to not talk about important issues. Sheesh.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Because "m

kar_dragan.gifOm du ger mig en tjuga s

Hod do you say:

Will you have a sheep?...then :)

Now we are getting surreal.

In English we have ewes (female sheep) -- homophone of second person singular and plural pronouns "you"; and wethers (castrated sheep) -- homophone of whether and weather, as in: I don't know whether the weather will be rainy tomorrow.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT