Attack of the Nerds

Drakron

I wonder why the trekkie nerd got away with his using of universal handsigns? In Finland showing your middle finger to people pretty much says that your asking for a fight.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Well, Triumph the insult comic dog does a lot of things that would get you into a fight unless you have a complete TV crew with you bearing huge "Late night with Conan O'Brien weekdays at 0:30 on NBC" signs.

but he's also got his own website http://www.triumphtheinsultcomicdog.com/

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Gold.

Guess we get satisfaction from seeing that some people are even more sad than us.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well, Triumph the insult comic dog does a lot of things that would get you into a fight unless you have a complete TV crew with you bearing huge "Late night with Conan O'Brien weekdays at 0:30 on NBC" signs.

but he's also got his own website http://www.triumphtheinsultcomicdog.com/

Anyone see him rip into Quebec when Conan did the show in Toronto?

"So you're French and Canadian? So that makes you obnoxious AND dull."

"I only know the basic French expressions -- like, 'I surrender.' "

That was gold. It was funny too because the Quebecers thought it was funny, while the Anglophones thought it was offensive.

EDIT: I posted it on my site - http://www.atomicholocaust.com/triumphinquebec.wmv

Its not as good as the star wars one, not even close, but there are a few golden moments.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

What exactly is a "come uppance" ?

The Quebec thing was great, but my favorite Triumph attack so far was when he molested people at the Grammies. He apparently won a grammy in some obscure category and got invited to the side-grammies that they dont show on TV. Anyway it was a blast watching him maliciously taunt and insult indians, weird country people and some damn new age hippies.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

it's funny .. but sometimes he crosses a line imo .. you can clearly see that some of these people aren't particularly adept at standing up for themselves .. and I'm not a big of a fan of punching people in soft spots when they can't defend themselves..

Fortune favors the bald.

That was gold. It was funny too because the Quebecers thought it was funny, while the Anglophones thought it was offensive.

The Anglophones thought it was offensive? WHICH Anglophones? Around these parts everybody thought it was funny. But then again, Anglos in Toronto REALLY hate French people.

I did think it was quite funny though... and I am a (former) Quebecer.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

So you have french blood on you ...

Um... yeah, I'd say so. Aside from a great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother who was supposedly British, my ancestors were all French.

Hence why my dad is starting to think that I'm a spawn of Satan for turning all Anglo on him and having dated only Anglos since high school.

But enough about me. This isn't LavaLife. :thumbsup:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

it's funny .. but sometimes he crosses a line imo .. you can clearly see that some of these people aren't particularly adept at standing up for themselves .. and I'm not a big of a fan of punching people in soft spots when they can't defend themselves..

I think he's brilliant, Im gonna be just like him when I grow up :D In fact Ive often fantazised about having a talkshow where I invite celebrities and insult them deeply and bitterly on a personal level. Like:

-So Mr. Pacino, youre an actor right? And an actors job is to portray different characters?

-Basicly, yes.

-Then how come youve been playing the same damn guy in every movie youve done since The Godfather?!

:D

But seriously, he's only saying out loud what most of us is already thinking. And a lot of the people he's attacking deserve what they're getting(the celebrities atleast)

i think scarface, godfather, serpico and dog day afternoon were 4 distinct roles then after that he got stuck - good example is Devil's Advocate and Glengarry Glenn Ross.

Robert De Niro -has played jake lamotta in every film. excpt possibly the jerry lewis one.

I think he's brilliant, Im gonna be just like him when I grow up :D In fact Ive often fantazised about having a talkshow where I invite celebrities and insult them deeply and bitterly on a personal level. Like:

But seriously, he's only saying out loud what most of us is already thinking. And a lot of the people he's attacking deserve what they're getting(the celebrities atleast)

Sure I think they are nerds .. and I find it equally tragic to stand in line for a week to see a movie, but their actions don't affect me, they don't insult me and basically nerds are pretty harmless people .. I can easily take a joke on my expense, because I'm able to answer for myself, but I hate when people attack those who can't ..

and go berate the local badasses in a bar and you'll see a different outcome .. and I find them more tragic (the violent drunk people) so why not make fun of them? because they'll beat the living crap out of you..

and what have celebrities done? now you are being a typical scandinavian :-

but they are a easy target, and most of them are intelligent people who can take a joke and snap back in a responsible way.. so I really don't have a problem with talkshow hosts taking a shot at their guests ..

Fortune favors the bald.

Lighten up dude! :lol: That was solid gold.

The truth hurts. Perhaps some of them will be jolted out of their comfortable idiocy and actually get a life.

I mean, they were acting out the scenes from The Phantom Menace, not Hamlet. :-

What did he say after the little Twi'leck princess? (It is mindly concerning to me that I know what the little girl was saying and how to spell it ...) I assume something along the lines of "get the social workers" to rescue her from the cruel parents ...

Spoilers! You will die alone (w00t) ROFLMAO :lol::lol::lol:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It's because I work with people who have been traumatized mentally (and can't function socially) .. so you get a little touchy around these kind of things, since it's my job to help them adapt again .. and I know how much small remarks hurt people with a low selfesteem ..

and while it may seem very unhealthy for a normal person to be obsessed with SW or computers etc .. it can be a bridge for some people to reach a normal life .. and if they are attacked during that process it will only hurt their progress in the long run ..

Fortune favors the bald.

another one: "that's the last time you will see female genitalia"

Be at ease MD you spelled Twi'Lek wrong...

In front of the camera its just some guy with a puppet on his hand getting in your face - while a loudspeaker ridicules you. While violence in this case can be justified, i would prefer a witty putdown. But i was amazed that the replies by the nerds were terrible especially that LOTR guy.

It's because I work with people who have been traumatized mentally (and can't function socially)  .. so you get a little touchy around these kind of things, since it's my job to help them adapt again .. and I know how much small remarks hurt people with a low selfesteem ..

They sould get used to it in order to funtional normaly.

and while it may seem very unhealthy for a normal person to be obsessed with SW or computers etc .. it can be a bridge for some people to reach a normal life .. and if they are attacked during that process it will only hurt their progress in the long run ..

To the point were they dress up as character and go down in public wearing customs?

Sorry that's not leading a normal live.

drakron.png

and what have celebrities done? now you are being a typical scandinavian :-

but they are a easy target, and most of them are intelligent people who can take a joke and snap back in a responsible way.. so I really don't have a problem with talkshow hosts taking a shot at their guests ..

My prime target would be those.. I can only give Swedish examples like Mauro Scocco, Magnus Uggla, Orup, Per Gessle etc ..anyway people who made distustingly bad mainstream pop in the 80s and are still releasing albums(!) and polluting the musicbussiness. They're really pathetic and they should be killed along with their fans.

Basicly giving people exactly what they deserve. Metadigital is on the right track, sometimes you have to be brutal and just tell it to their face, and then they might realise what they're doing and stop it.

example 2:

-Ms Portman, I understand you set your acting career aside for a while to get a college degree in psychology?

-Yes, Im tired of this prejudice that actresses are unintelligent and I wanted to help change that. I also want to show that everyone needs education because no matter where you are now, you cant know what going to happen in the future.

-I think that might have been a very good idea, because frankly, your acting stinks..badly.. and a career change on your part would probably be best for all of us. So, please, get the f*ck out of film and into therapy A.S.A.P

It's because I work with people who have been traumatized mentally (and can't function socially)  .. so you get a little touchy around these kind of things, since it's my job to help them adapt again .. and I know how much small remarks hurt people with a low selfesteem ..

They sould get used to it in order to funtional normaly.

To the point were they dress up as character and go down in public wearing customs?

Sorry that's not leading a normal live.

Well I'm happy that you are able to lead a normal life.. but some people actually have serious problems with fitting in .. and like Nartwak pointed out I used the word "bridge" ..

Fortune favors the bald.

Yea that clip was funny, but it was also cruel. Nerds shouldnt take jokes like this personally, but nerd bashin should not be encouraged. Wow, you know if we were kids we probaby would'nt think anything of those guys, we would be like, oh hey, looks like fun. And uh, who says those guys dont have lives? If they want to step out of their daily routine and do some role-playing I dont see why they should be kicked for it. Oh the humanity!