Rise of Legends

Rise of Legends is a Rise of Nations spinoff in development by Big Huge Games. It involves the traditional gameplay of Rise of Nations set in a world where magic and technology collide (like Arcanum, but not as opressively brown and unbalanced). Check the site out for an E3 demo and some pics.

Pretty interesting. Steampunk and its variants get me everytime.

[Just copy my first post from the AW thread here.]

I love it. I f*cking love it. :cool:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

[Just copy my first post from the AW thread here.]

I love it. I f*cking love it. :cool:

Well I'm likeing the concept as much as I liked Arcanum's and that's a lot ;)

Well the Rise of Nations games are my favourite RTS games of the mast years...so I really want this game :)

The screenshots look VERY impressive.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

This is the thing missing from so many game's nowadays: Original Artistic Direction. This game oozes of it. Eyegasmic.

Edit: I changed...well you see :thumbsup:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

The mirrors don't work, but if this is the movie with the sky full of aircraft and the monster growling at the end; then yes, it's amazing.

kirottu said:

I must get this :) I love Steampunk :D

Same. We need another steampunk RPG, with a graphics engine that can really show it off.

Devastatorsig.jpg

But this game is an RTS, correct?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Phh, RTS is RTS... doesnt make any damn differance if its Medieval, Space, Fantasy or doubleplus extra Eurasian front.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Eh, sort of. Not all RTS games are made equal. Witness the difference in style between WarCraft III and Civilization III.

Civ 3 is TBS

Devastatorsig.jpg

I have not noticed much diference in RTS since StarCraft come out, they pretty much are the same scissors/rock/paper system of units I come to dislike over the years

That is the problem when they make games to be played online and so things have to be "balanced".

drakron.png

rts need to add systems/mechnisms where you design your own units

Total Annihilation and Impossible Creatures both had this function I believe. Only TA really caught on.

Devastatorsig.jpg