How sad are you?

Musopticon?

To the misty-eyed fellow in black; wrong thread. ;)"

I found this "quiz" to be rather hilarious. Don't mind the crude outlook, just follow and feel free to express your results.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/maskari/in_30_web.png

I'll roughly translate the instructions from the top:

"Wanna know how dark your future's going to be? Color the white spaces which texts you understand black. Look at your handiwork. Cry. Silently if you made the test in a public place"

So mean! And spot on for most of us geeks.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think it's just a "The geekier you are, the blacker the picture becomes" thing. If you're a total geek, then you'll know what every one of those expressions mean and you'll have to fill them all in..

Luckily for me I only understood Rob Hubbard (Commodore 64 music composer), SYS 64738 (Commodore 64 command), and '3d6 + 1d4'.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

This test sucks, I only got to check 3 boxes.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Luckily for me I only understood Rob Hubbard (Commodore 64 music composer), SYS 64738 (Commodore 64 command), and '3d6 + 1d4'.

Got the same three. Kind of sad really ;)

Too old for all that post modernistic geekiness :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hehheh, great that at least some people took the idea.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Hah! Got you, did I?

Well, I've made over 80 posts today, so I think i call it quits. Ta-taa.

kirottu said:

Menchi is masculine word for food in japanese and it is also name of a dog in anime series Excel Saga.

Second Impact is most likely from anime series Evangelion(and Baneblade really should have watched it since he lives in Helsinki).

And that

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Menchi is masculine word for food in japanese and it is also name of a dog in anime series Excel Saga.

Second Impact is most likely from anime series Evangelion(and Baneblade really should have watched it since he lives in Helsinki).

And that

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Batman is cool - its not sad to know the penguin's name

Maybe in the late 70's he was....

oh well, the Hush was ok, until the end that it

...Not that I've ever read a comics :ph34r:

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Seven. I looked at SYS 64738 for a while and couldn't quite get it; it was only when I tried typing it out on the keyboard that the familiarity of the pattern came back and I remembered.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I get none of them...except a few do sound familiar, I just couldn't be sure if what I'm thinking of is the 'right answer'.

For example - the parrot one immediately brought to mind Monty Python's sketch. But I don't know if that's a 'geek' reference by this tests standards, or if there's another one they mean.

EDIT - and Talos IV - I'm pretty sure that's a Star Trek reference, to a planet in the (original) series (pilot). But again...could be something else. :thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Not me. I don't even know what that is. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

"Trumpet Winsock" is an old Windows 3.1 web connection applet ...

If they had:

PR#6

I would tell you immediately that is Apple ][ command line function to boot the floppy ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Seven.  I looked at SYS 64738 for a while and couldn't quite get it; it was only when I tried typing it out on the keyboard that the familiarity of the pattern came back and I remembered.

Haha, yeah, I had this weird thing happen to me while I was writing my first post in this thread. When I was about to write down the ones I knew, I realized I had forgotten the number after the SYS. But somehow my fingers instinctively felt like writing 64738 after typing SYS, even after all these years! Disturbing is only the beginning..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!