Alan Wake

The creators of Max Payne have released this teaser of Alan Wake, something they are calling a "psychological action thriller". At their website, you can see some screenshots and a site listing for the trailer's download.

The game is set to be released on PC and next-gen consoles (the next Xbox and Playstation), and more info on it will be released at this year's E3.

I. Will. Buy. This.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The teaser's pretty small, though. It's like flashlight + ugly mug + two vague sentences and then OMG THE TITLE AGAIN!.

If the teaser's any hint, though, the graphical engine seems top notch. Hopefully the day/night cycling there will be present and will be important to gameplay.

The second Max Payne wasn't as good as the first. Also, it was VERY short. The most fun thing about that game was that it had the Havok physics engine, so you could basically have fun just blowing things up and pushing furniture around.

I guess we'll see if the first Max Payne was a one hit wonder for Remedy or if they can repeat the success with Alan Wake (hate the name).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The second Max Payne wasn't as good as the first. Also, it was VERY short. The most fun thing about that game was that it had the Havok physics engine, so you could basically have fun just blowing things up and pushing furniture around.

Finally someone else agrees with me on this. Wait, how in the hell do we agree with something? :ph34r:

I guess we'll see if the first Max Payne was a one hit wonder for Remedy or if they can repeat the success with Alan Wake (hate the name).

They're probably aiming for something in the vein of Alan wake (awake and all that, what with the "endless night" speech).

Well I liked 2 more than 1..especially the story and the nightmares :lol:

One level was brilliant...any guesses on which I'm talking bout?

Alan Wake...hmm I like the name ;)

Or it's lan wake, and they mean the countless unslept nights doing nothing but gaming. Finnish devs have a tendency for that. ;)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Yeah, I was looking into what we'll see at E3 and stuff a few days ago, and checked Remedy's website out... err and so I saw the teaser. Could be interesting.

I personally think that Max Payne 2 feels more like a game than M.P 1 for some reason.

I was very enthusiastic about Max Payne when it was in the making, because I was a big fan of them when they were in the demo scene (as Future Crew). Purple Motion and Skaven composed absolutely fabulous music (composed on software exclusively coded for them (Scream Tracker (with adlib support!))) and 2nd reality was totally mind-boggling.

Anyway, the dream sequences in the first game are a bit boring. Blah, blah, nevertheless I think it'll be very interesting to see what these guys cook up with Alan Wake ;)

Murr!!!

Skaven's Website (Remedy dev now)

Purple Motion (Not Remedy dev)

Wow! People know about Remedy's roots? Baffling..

kirottu said:

Wow! People know about Remedy's roots? Baffling..

Oh dude, you're a fin'. :D (didn't look at your location). And yeah, of course I do... I've always had a great respect for the Finnish and their exquisit knowledge of Code, although I prefered working in FT2.

I also know about Starbreeze's roots, which may be less shocking to you (considering I'm swedish, and have already stated that I had/have an interested in the Scene).

Their first game was a great disappointment though. Especially since the game idea changed drastically when it went console.

I liked Starbreeze's crusader game, Knights of the Temple well enough. They even put Within Temptation to make a theme song for it, but the game was seriously lacking in depth. I hope Starbreeze eventually makes the post-apoc rpg they were mindstorming once. Could be interesting.

Great to talk to someone who isn't stuck in the US market only :cool:

kirottu said:

I liked Starbreeze's crusader game, Knights of the Temple well enough. They even put Within Temptation to make a theme song for it, but the game was seriously lacking in depth. I hope Starbreeze eventually makes the post-apoc rpg they were mindstorming once. Could be interesting.

I haven't actually played any of their games... just the demo for enclave, then some on the Xbox. Riddick's damn good, my friends say, though.

You know, I actually sent a job application to them back when they were spanking new... man, I think I was 17 or something. The 3D stuff I sent must've sucked ass, but they replied and even gave me some texturing tips and stuff.

Hmm... I wonder what THEY are working on? *Google-time!*

EDIT: Starbreeze is working on a game based on The Darkness (comic book I've never heard of). Will be presented at E3 this year. Info, at least.

I haven't actually played any of their games... just the demo for enclave, then some on the Xbox. Riddick's damn good, my friends say, though.

You know, I actually sent a job application to them back when they were spanking new... man, I think I was 17 or something. The 3D stuff I sent must've sucked ass, but they replied and even gave me some texturing tips and stuff.

Hmm... I wonder what THEY are working on? *Google-time!*

EDIT: Starbreeze is working on a game based on The Darkness (comic book I've never heard of). Will be presented at E3 this year. Info, at least.

Riddick is damn good. It reminded me a little of Deus Ex when I was playing it on my friend's Xbox the other day. I'll be getting it for PC later.

Starbreeze made Riddick? Gotta try the demo.

kirottu said:

I liked Enclave too, but KoTT had nicer graphics and better fighting system. On the other hand, Enclave was a better game overall, didn't manage to beat Rune or Severance, though.

The download links don't work.

kirottu said:

Thanks but, I had already started to download from GH a minute ago. o:)

Best download site, I've found.

kirottu said:

I like it too, even if it's a bit too short.

kirottu said:

I downloaded the Riddick demo a few days ago, and it is entertaining. Especially since I've seen a lot of the game while watching a pal play it on the XboX. So I know some stuff I can look forward to, should I purrrrrchase the game.

It'll be interesting to see how The Darkness turns out. There's no demo of KotT out, is there?

I actually sold my KoTT, because it had nil replay value, but it's a worthy buy

kirottu said: