HK-47 love conversation?

I won KOTOR II through as a LS female and now I'm up to Malachor V as a DS male. I keep seeing references to a conversation with HK-47 about love. What was I supposed to do to trigger this conversation? As my DS character I have a very high influence with HK (he told me his backstory) but the topic of love was never one of my conversation choices. I have a lot of saves if I need to load back. I really want to hear this talk, though. Thanks in advance for telling me how to trigger it :p

I won KOTOR II through as a LS female and now I'm up to Malachor V as a DS male.  I keep seeing references to a conversation with HK-47 about love.  What was I supposed to do to trigger this conversation?  As my DS character I have a very high influence with HK (he told me his backstory) but the topic of love was never one of my conversation choices.  I have a lot of saves if I need to load back.  I really want to hear this talk, though.  Thanks in advance for telling me how to trigger it :p

I got that conversation the first time through the game as a LS male.

I'm not shure if gender is important, but the LS part is (you don't talk about love if you're DS).

The option to talk about love appeared without having any influence with HK-47.

Okay, thanks.  I guess it only works for LS males then because the topic never came up for my LS female unless I missed it :(

I had that conversation as a LS female, but only after a couple of play-throughs. That could be because I didn't notice it until then, but I doubt it -- the conversations are the highlight of the game for me.

Cloris

I thoroughly checked the conversation tree and I still couldn't find it. I ended up just sifting through the sound files until I found it there. It's the set of files starting at file gblhk47024 if anyone cares. I'd still like to hear it in game, though, if anyone knows the conversation choices to pick... Thanks :ermm:

Are you referring to the one where HK presents his definition of love? If so, it can be triggered if you have high influence with Disciple (if female) or Handmaiden (if male). The presumption is that your character is/could be in love with them and thus asks HK-47 for clarification (though, why you would go to an assassin droid for love advice is beyond me!)

Yes, that is the conversation I was referring to. My female character has high influence with Atton, not really the Disciple. My male character has high influence with Visas and sort of high influence with the Handmaiden. The love conversation only triggers for a female character in love with the Disciple or a male character in love with the Handmaiden? That at least explains why I didn't get it either time :thumbsup:

The love conversation only triggers for a female character in love with the Disciple or a male character in love with the Handmaiden?  That at least explains why I didn't get it either time ;)

Yep, unfortunately. Not really worth getting in-game, is it? On the other hand, the "Do you know anything about men?" dialogue with Mira only happens with a female Exile with high Atton influence, so that's something.

I've had massive influence with Visas and The Handmaiden and I still cannot accquire the conversation. I've played through it twice, with the same influence and still the Hk-47 love convo. won't intiate. Do you require high influence w/ HK, since I've reallly been pro-peace/justified violence, which HK doesn;t take to.

Are you referring to the one where HK presents his definition of love? If so, it can be triggered if you have high influence with Disciple (if female) or Handmaiden (if male). The presumption is that your character is/could be in love with them and thus asks HK-47 for clarification (though, why you would go to an assassin droid for love advice is beyond me!)

To see what Revan would have programmed him to say about love. A little bit of Sith romantic philosophy research...

Cloris

I've had massive influence with Visas and The Handmaiden and I still cannot accquire the conversation. I've played through it twice, with the same influence and still the Hk-47 love convo. won't intiate. Do you require high influence w/ HK, since I've reallly been pro-peace/justified violence, which HK doesn;t take to.

Have you had massive influence with Visas and Handmaiden at the same time? Because if so, the Visas influence may overshadow Handmaiden's or cancel them both out. Handmaiden needs to be higher, I'm pretty certain. And no, it has very little if at all to do with HK influence because I've never had high influence with him.