Malcom Glazer

Noo...! *sobs*

:thumbsup:

Bit of a soccer fan, Launch? Man Utd is the team that the rest of the world supports, very few supporters in England.

What I found interesting was:

Mr Glazer is now 18% short of the 75% of shares he needs for the offer to go unconditional - essentially for the ownership of the club to be secured.

'Aggressive'

If he gets 75% plus one share, United could be delisted from the stock exchange and Mr Glazer could transfer his debt onto the club.

So he will soon be able to take the publicly listed company off the stock market! It'll be his little toy. Thant's truly mad. Money makes the world go 'round...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hmm... well considering Man Utd are my local team (yeesh, never thought I'd describe them that way) plus I've had a season ticket with them since I could, well walk, I'd say I was bit of a FOOTBALL fan.

DL

P.S. Please people, don't make me stress how the game's called FOOTBALL and not SOCCER...

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Hmm... well considering Man Utd are my local team (yeesh, never thought I'd describe them that way) plus I've had a season ticket with them since I could, well walk, I'd say I was bit of a FOOTBALL fan.

DL

P.S. Please people, don't make me stress how the game's called FOOTBALL and not SOCCER...

I thought that'd get a rise outa you ( :lol: )

Whatcha gunna do now, keep supporting 'em or switch allegiance to, say, Chelsea? :thumbsup:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

:lol:

Switch allegiance?!

Never!

DL

P.S. Please metadigital, don't say dirty words such as 'Chelsea' without due care, children are present...

Not a fan of the Russian mafia, then? :ph34r:

Everyone I meet in London seems to be a blinking Arsenal fan. (Our builders were West Ham fans, but judging by their building I can see why. :thumbsup: )

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Chelsea is a good team overall,but they're no Man U :p

There are only 2 other british teams I like:Liverpool and Newcastle U :)

Why is Man U being sold ...isn't it the richest club in the world?

Cos the guys got enough dough to buy it, and it is the most profitable sports business in the UK (if not the world), being about the only one to make a profit, and it was pretty healthy, too (Launch pays for merchandise and tickets, fercrissakes, and she's on the other side of the world) -- Glazer already owns a couple of teams in the US. It's just him diversifying into a new market, but staying with the same business model.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The other side of the world?

Where do you I'm from metadigital?

DL

P.S. The only 'merchandise' I buy is the match programmes that are sold for each game  :)

I bet you've got some old David Beckham bedclothes and some Rooney curtains. :)

PS Your sig says you are hanging around Neo Tokyo with Tetsuo, so I assumed that was near Tokyo. :p

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think the worry is that Glazer has borrowed heavily to buy shares in Manchester United, and now the club will have to pay off the debt (with interest). It hardly improves the financial situation of the club. Capitalism is very strange sometimes.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

She's British..she's from Manchester :)

And the Neo Tokyo thingie is a reference from Akira :thumbsup:

Ahh. Actually I didn't see the "Neo" prefix until just before I wrote that last post. :wacko:

did you ask permission from launch to reveal her details?

You're talking about the text under the avatar, like I am, aren't you? :rolleyes:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

*chooses to ignore Baley's mess as has little choice otherwise*

Well, actually I was never a fan of David Beckham *shudder* and I definitely have yet to see what difference Wayne Rooney makes, as I am not too impressed considering the hype surrounding him... so no, no cute curtains or bedsheets!

My favourite Utd player is in fact Solskjaer. He's most definitely fangirl's first love (it all seems so long ago...) But only ever had a life size poster of him on the wall... *ahem*

Yes, fangirl eagerly awaits his return from injury...

DL

P.S. Yes, my 'location' is another dedication to my anime obsession as well as my name

P.P.S. If I did live in Tokyo, what would have been the point of having season tickets?

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

P.S. Yes, my 'location' is another dedication to my anime obsession as well as my name

P.P.S. If I did live in Tokyo, what would have been the point of having season tickets?

I got the reference when I saw the neo-Tokyo. (I was going to say your English was very good for a second language!)

Season Tickets: well, I've heard of fans doing weirder stuff. (I have somefriends from New Zealand who are probably bigger Man U fans than Baley.) You might have been sharing them with a pool of other fans, and coming over for big games ... I try to make as few assumptions about people as I can.

If you are from Manchester, I thought you would support Man City.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think the worry is that Glazer has borrowed heavily to buy shares in Manchester United, and now the club will have to pay off the debt (with interest).  It hardly improves the financial situation of the club.  Capitalism is very strange sometimes.

it is rumoured that glazer now controls 70% of the shares. he is just 5% short of dumping his debt on the club. when(not if) he reaches 75%, man u will have a

I think the worry is that Glazer has borrowed heavily to buy shares in Manchester United, and now the club will have to pay off the debt (with interest).  It hardly improves the financial situation of the club.  Capitalism is very strange sometimes.

it is rumoured that glazer now controls 70% of the shares. he is just 5% short of dumping his debt on the club. when(not if) he reaches 75%, man u will have a

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT