Strange Ending (light side)

I have just finished TSL for the first time as a Lightsider and the ending seemed a bit strange. It didn't answer anything for me. Does being dark side make more sense or is it just because the game is incomplete?

I was expecting more explanations, such as what happened to Revan and why I was lying injured in the Ebon Hawk at the start of the game.

Will these be answered for me if I play DS?

The simple answer is no.

Even if you play DS, the ending is quite similar.

Revan has gone to the Unknown Regions to find the True Sith, but you don't know exactly what that means. This will probably something that will be revealed in the sequel if there is one.

The reason for being on the Ebon Hawk is never really answered. You are on the Harbinger, when for some reason, the Ebon Hawk appears after an attack by the Sith. Later, the Sith take over the Harbinger and Kreia takes you aboard the Ebon Hawk to avoid capture by the Sith.

The reason for being on the Ebon Hawk is never really answered. You are on the Harbinger, when for some reason, the Ebon Hawk appears after an attack by the Sith. Later, the Sith take over the Harbinger and Kreia takes you aboard the Ebon Hawk to avoid capture by the Sith.

Actually, much earlier in the game you can find out why you're on the Ebon Hawk if you have a high intelligence (I had 18, lower might work especially if you use knight valor; I don't think any skill check was required only an intelligence check but you probably need a good reputation with T3?) and talk to T3, you can find out that he was sent by someone (doesn't say who, but as a player you know it was Revan) with the Ebon Hawk to find someone who could help and so found the exile. Dialogue options are to say you understand, or complain about being put in danger, whatever.

There's additional dialogue about how T3 doesn't know where the ship came from because he (T3) deleted it! And of course the navcomp was encrypted for presumably similar reasons...

Yes that's most of it. Kreia found it though and used it. When she found out about the Exile's wound you remember her motivations for the chase. So she went after you, then was attacked by the Sith. Once aboard the harbinger, you brought on board and shot out to hyperspace and was shot just as you left, leaving you stranded at Peragus.

You lied in the medical bay in critical condition with most of the crew dead or dying, and it was up to T3 to get the ship working. After much back and forth work it was done and the ship docked with Peragus.

You woke from a Kolto tank after a cryptic "Awaken" was heard. You went to explore and discovered an old Woman named Kreia, who tells you to find some weapons, a way out and some clothes for proper first impressions. You go off into the other rooms until you find a security desk, which gives you some information about how the droids have been causing devastating accidents that could destroy the entire planet.

You go off into the next room and destroy the droid there and suddenly you can hear a sound, something from a distance, it is the force. Kreia leads you back down the path of the force. You pick your first two force powers and then to the next room. You go up to the administration console and find that it is locked except for the controls for a door, you use it and the shield falls. You open the door and meet Atton Rand, an echani trained pilot with a smart mouth who remarks on your lack of clothes. He tells you about a jedi showing up and bunches of chaos happening soon after. Then he states that after this happened and he was locked up he was waiting for a half naked miner to come and ask him questions, sadly I never found this miner, likely something cut from the game.

After a discussion about Revan (LS male) you have him join your group and he reroutes something on the admin console and it works. You have communications with T3. T3 threatens to kill you and then the prolouge ends, you immediately go on a hunt with Atton after the hot tempered lightsaber wielding utility droid. After noticing you left Kreia behind, you go back to Peragus to find her. You find a crumpled note that says, "Meet me at Malachor V or I'll kill myself." Immediately you say Pssh, and toss aside the note. Kreia then cuts off her hand to show you the power of the bond. You fall to the ground in pain. Since she lacked a lightsaber she had to hack it off with a rusty short sword, causing her to bleed to death. Soon after she dies, you fall dead and never learn about Revan or anything else just like if you played the real game instead of reading this.

The End.

That answer everything?

I do wish that Atris had been more specific about how she engineered the Exile's return to known space, that the footlocker with your stuff in it on the Harbinger gave some clue as to why you were there, and that Kreia told you how the hell she was on the Ebon Hawk (did T3 pick her up, was she at the last convience store before Sith Space, what?).

I wonder how much of the ending material will be completed when the Restoration Project gets done with it...

Like I said before: if the rest of the game weren't so compelling, then this stuff wouldn't bother me much at all.

Cloris

welcome to the shared despair at the ending of KoTOR 2 you have taken your first steps into a larger world. :D

Yet another one of these topics... <_<

Shared despair? I believe that most of us have already gotten over it. Welcome, by the way, to, like what Flatus said, into this larger world :ermm: