Notification for when KotOR 2 is actually finished

As long as you hold every other game developer to the same standards.  I'm surprised you even continue to play video games seeing as they all apparently have a complete lack of respect for their customers.

This is the first game I've played that was so clearly unfinished and full of bugs. Every other game I've played hasn't been this extreme. Those companies had the decency and enough respect for the customers to deliver a finished product.... Obsidian and LA didn't. They shipped the game well knowing that it wasn't finished and they still had the audacity to demand full price. I payed 350 kr. for a faulty product and they don't even have the decency to make available the necessary patches! They don't give a s*** about their customers.... it's just like 'Hey they bought it! We tricked them and it worked! And so what if they complain and they say it's faulty.... F*** 'em! Okay... next project!'.... that's how I see it. They have moved on and they don't give a rats @ss about us!

I suspect you don't have the most diverse library of PC games. Should have been there when Ultima IX was released...Oy!

What will you say though....if a patch is released?

Well I hope it's LA who is solely behind this mess, but we'll see. We'll see if what you say is true when Obsidian has made NWN 2. Cause if NWN 2 is also unfinished... then there's a pattern... and then Obsidian deserves to go to hell for shipping unfinished products without even mentioning it to the public!

There is unfortunately a pattern with Atari which is to force the release of unifinished games and patch them later. See what's happening with the very promising Boiling Point.

I think Temple of Elemental Evil is a bigger example. :ermm:

I suspect you don't have the most diverse library of PC games.  Should have been there when Ultima IX was released...Oy!

What will you say though....if a patch is released?

I have played my share of games.

And if they release the patch... so what. It won't fix anything. It won't fix any of the 1 billion bugs I've experienced and it won't even fix the bugs that the first patch is responsible for.

Now if they all this time have been hard at work creating an

:)

I have played my share of games.

It's clearly you haven't played the piles of filth out there that are way worse than KOTOR 2.

And if they release the patch... so what. It won't fix anything. It won't fix any of the 1 billion bugs I've experienced and it won't even fix the bugs that the first patch is responsible for.

I didn't say THE patch, I said A patch. I could not care less about a movie/sound patch.

And on top of that... they won't even admit it!

Again...you act surprised? But I'm sure you on your high horse would admit it if you did it. Did you lambast Half-Life 2 for it's ending? Or Halo 2? Or the rest of the games out there released in the last year that have vague, open-ended endings? Not that I think it's a good thing, but open-ended, vague endings seemed to be the 'in' thing right now. Blame the purty graphics that everyone demands. With the big bux world of the video game industry, publishers are going to try to milk a succesful seller as much as humanly possible.

I will follow the progress of NWN 2 very closely and if they do the same stunt with NWN 2 as they did with KotOR 2, then I hope they go to hell for being an amoral bunch of a**holes

Yes, because it's clearly Obsidian's choice for when to release the game. This stunt is clearly all their fault :o Welcome to the world of small developers in big bux land.

But hey, if they f*** up again they can always blame it on Atari as they did with LA.... it must be nice to have such a handy excuse every time you screw it up BIG TIME!

For the record, Obsidian blamed nothing on Lucasarts. And if NWN2 is crap, they won't blame Atari either.

The official opinion is that the game IS finished and that the ending is oh so wonderful

Odd. I don't remember any comments about the "oh so wonderful" ending. But hey, I guess it was Obsidian's idea to create all this creative content, only to toss it all aside for the current ending. Clearly, as artists, that would be something that they would want to do.

I gave full price for a faulty game... and that is why I'm here... to let them know that I won't accept that... at least not without complaining.

You'd get your point across better with a written letter, to both Obsidian and Lucasarts. Spam their email addresses. After all, clearly Obsidian and Lucasarts don't give a **** about their customers....why on earth would they visit the message board then? At least with a direct email/letter, you'd have the right target audience.

But I guess you'd rather tell me how this game is so exceptionally unique for it's unfinished ending, and how you've never purchased a game with a crap ending before or blah blah blah....

Again, if you're so angry.....why are you telling ME about it?

Nope, because I don't care about this movie/sound patch.

Furthermore, I see no reason why they would respond to me, when NO game developer/publisher would. That's the difference though. I understand that they won't respond to me, and make no presumptions as to why they should treat me any differently from any other average joe fan. I have zero expectations of them responding, particularly after the sh!t I saw them try to fight through on the Black Isle Forums.

But it would have better guarantees of them actually reading it than posting on a message board. Especially if they don't give a sh!t about their fans and never visit it.

Agreed.

And the best way to make sure that you hit your target audience (in this case Lucasarts/Obsidian), is to make sure they receive your complaint.

The message boards (especially if the developer/publisher truly doesn't give a sh!t) is probably not the best place. It becomes like politics. A written letter to your representative carries the weight of many times more people than just the person that writes the letter. It's sort of a law of averages.

People tend to find the most convenient way of doing things. Posts on a message board are simple, and will carry less weight because they can be done with relatively little cost to the person posting it. Furthermore, the anonymity of the internet further weakens posts, where it becomes more difficult to trudge through the filth that is junk, and what is sincere. This problem is amplified due to the simplicity of posting.

Trolls don't write letters. It's too much time, and actually requires a small financial investment for a stamp. Not worth the trouble. Persuing more professional means of communication reciprocates a more professional response. But how many people here are willing to actually take the time to do something more than post junk on a forum?

I'll do it if someone else does? :D But isn't that always the way it is?

Sadly enough, I blame the silence of developers on the fans.....they're the ones that have outrageous demands that cannot be met...and then cry for blood because they aren't met. 

I just want my game to RUN..... Is that so much to ask?

I've never seen so many goody, goody fanboys! We already had the brown nosing thread when they threatened to shut down the site. I see we still have some stragglers from that day. OE screwed up and LA screwed up. They REALLY don't care about our complaints/problems and seemingly only cared slightly about the game. I hope that OE continues to make games because they are talented, but I also hope they are not involved with K3. Or if they are, their balls would have hopefully grown to a size at which they can withstand LA's pressure. We need doers and not half@$$ers. All IMHO.

Well I thinked a bit about the situation and came to this conclusion : If none is coming within two weeks, we should propose Obsidian to make a leak of the patch on some P2P network.

Are you talking about the unreleased 2nd patch? I don't think it's supposed to do that much (no content add-ons, cause LA no like). OE would probably get sued by LA if they "released" it without LA's ok. And if the patch did leak, OE would probably be ruined....worse then they already are. Most people have given up on OE making a real attempt to repair thier game....just burns for a little while.

I've never seen so many goody, goody fanboys!  We already had the brown nosing thread when they threatened to shut down the site.  I see we still have some stragglers from that day.  OE screwed up and LA screwed up.  They REALLY don't care about our complaints/problems and seemingly only cared slightly about the game.  I hope that OE continues to make games because they are talented, but I also hope they are not involved with K3.  Or if they are, their balls would have hopefully grown to a size at which they can withstand LA's pressure.  We need doers and not half@$$ers.  All IMHO.

So, what's your excuse for keeping coming here?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I've never seen so many goody, goody fanboys!  We already had the brown nosing thread when they threatened to shut down the site.  I see we still have some stragglers from that day.  OE screwed up and LA screwed up.  They REALLY don't care about our complaints/problems and seemingly only cared slightly about the game.  I hope that OE continues to make games because they are talented, but I also hope they are not involved with K3.  Or if they are, their balls would have hopefully grown to a size at which they can withstand LA's pressure.  We need doers and not half@$$ers.  All IMHO.

So, what's your excuse for keeping coming here?

Huh? To find mods and get other players to help with problems. Is that ok with you chief?

That's funny. Reading your posts one could think you come here only to bitch and moan and demand stuff you know you are not going to get. You have some odd notions of "finding mods" and "helping with problems".

But yeah, until they give me the ban scepter (which isn't likely to happen anytime soon), that's ok with me. :lol:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Are you talking about the unreleased 2nd patch?  I don't think it's supposed to do that much (no content add-ons, cause LA no like).  OE would probably get sued by LA if they "released" it without LA's ok.  And if the patch did leak, OE would probably be ruined....worse then they already are.  Most people have given up on OE making a real attempt to repair thier game....just burns for a little while.

Yes, I were talking of the second patch, the one with his res musics and movies. I think in case of leak, it is not Obsidian's fault, so all they have to prove to LucasArts is they took all the security measures needed to protect the data, which would be bypassed by a genius hacker...

Hum, let's stop dreaming and begin to lobby LucasArts about this.

That's funny. Reading your posts one could think you come here only to bitch and moan and demand stuff you know you are not going to get. You have some odd notions of "finding mods" and "helping with problems".

But yeah, until they give me the ban scepter (which isn't likely to happen anytime soon), that's ok with me.  ;)

YEAH! "Ban scepter", now that's tremendously clever dude! :thumbsup: Anyway....bitching, I'm guilty....moaning, not guilty actually....demanding, nope I haven't done that. I'm really quite flattered that you pay so much attention to me... :">

I don't. It's just it's difficult not to notice you, considering you are in every and each of these threads, doing your special brand of "problem solving" and "mod finding".

And... you suck at making comebacks. :thumbsup:)