18 over or under

are you under or over 18?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. are you under or over 18?

• Under 18 years of age
    • 18 years of age
    • Over 18 years of age

Ok, fine I'm not 55...

Baley's right, I'm 20 and I'm going to be 21 in 47 days...

DL :(

P.S. And yes, I have refused to ignore any comments regarding feelings directed at me since I can ignore them here and not on Yahoo messenger o:)"

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

I am not a "habitual" spammer  :blink:  o:)  <_<

And I was not trying to be funny, as stated I was playing with the smileys, though I am using very angry ones now with reason for doing so  :angry:

...19 and currently very irritated...

Funny that you would think that my comment was directed at you... I wonder why you did. :(

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

... Anyway even though this poll was a bit of blunt instrument to gauge the age demographic. I was wondering what people's thoughts are on the results.

I am a little surprised there are so many over-eighteens; I thought the percentages would be reversed. Then again the sample space is far too small to make any real extrapolations.

It seems to indicate that either those under 18 were:

- not inclined to vote (e.g. don't want to advertise being under age, even in an anoymous poll);

- not around to vote (don't spend time on game forums, probably on Yahoo Messanger instead :-" ).

If I were a tabloid journalist I would make up a headline such like:

"Shock Poll: Youth turn their backs on RPGs

"In a poll released today we see that the people over 18 outnumbered their younger playmates by over 300%. Men dressed in official-looking white coats have taken this to mean that the RPG is dead, after a brief popularity boom in the latter half of the last century. They predict the new millennium will see a brand new type of play. "We predict the new millennium will produce a new play methodology.

"Gary Gygax was not available for comment."

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I expected more under 18s actually... quite surprised by the overwhelming majority of over 18s (although that is a broad age range)...

DL  :-

So as not to intrude too much for the ppl who do not want to be specific about their age, the ppl who are less worried can (and have been) post the specifics in the topic itself. :) Rather silly now I think about :">

but others are welcome to make a more specific poll if they wish. I was only interested in comparison in numbers of adults to teens, because I would feel a little silly talking mostly to ppl younger than me.

That's just how I feel about, but I mean no offence to our older members. :cool:

...some ppl are quite sensitive about age...

Isn't the largest gamer demographic 18-32? If so, its not that surprising.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Nowadays the rpg populace is getting younger than it were during the BG/FO-era in late nineties. This may be tied with the recent successes of action rpgs on console platforms and the rather less-hc content of those games. This board's folks, however, are somewhat more older than the average joe doe gamer boards, with huge sigs and un-tactful dudes. Why? It's brimming wiht old BIS fans and Codex-exiles.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Nowadays the rpg populace is getting younger than it were during the BG/FO-era in late nineties. This may be tied with the recent successes of action rpgs on console platforms and the rather  less-hc content of those games. This board's folks, however, are somewhat more older than the average joe doe gamer boards, with huge sigs and un-tactful dudes. Why? It's brimming wiht old BIS fans and Codex-exiles.

That's true, e.g. the other KotOR2 board seems to be full of very young boys who write posts using SMS-text spelling. gr8 m8! :-

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

A bit off topic, but somewhat related:

The cutest thing I ever saw was when my girlfriend was writing some posts on the Still Life message boards (because that game has the weirdest ending ever) and she ran across a post made by a 73 year old woman who had gotten stuck in an action part of the game.. 73! I hope I'm still playing games by that age (if I ever grow that old).

Original post:

http://www.stilllife-game.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=421

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

A bit off topic, but somewhat related:

The cutest thing I ever saw was when my girlfriend was writing some posts on the Still Life message boards (because that game has the weirdest ending ever) and she ran across a post made by a 73 year old woman who had gotten stuck in an action part of the game.. 73! I hope I'm still playing games by that age (if I ever grow that old).

Original post:

http://www.stilllife-game.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=421

Bless!

I'm under 18 for another seven days. 

I am youthful until then, and then I shall be a MAN!

providing you haven't been convicted of a criminal offence, you'll be permitted to vote and drink in public. Apart from that, there ain't much more to it. (You can already have consenting carnal knowledge of another adult, and can be drafted into the armed forces. Yippee!)

All other fruits of the rights of passage are conveyed via that old school of hard knocks.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Baley rocks. He's one of those rare spammers that doesn't really bother anyone.

I've found him to be both ubiquitous, and yet, unobtrusive. Like telephone poles.

Hmm a telephone pole..that's how I've always viewed myself :thumbsup:

Of course this poll is irelevent seeing that just a small part of our members have voted..some are even afraid to leave the K2 boards :ph34r:

So, cant a human also love a telephone pole?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You've lost me now, mr Baley. I just cant figure out what it is yer tryin to say

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "