Need help on Last Fight

I am new to this forum stuff so if I make a mistake or do something that I was not surpose to do please point it out so I know in the future.

Okay.

I have read many guides and look through several forum topics for possible solutions but nothing I found helped. I had no problems throughout the game as LSer guardian(15) and became a Jedi master(10). I use Force wave and Stasis field as my offensive Strategy for most of the game. When I try this on the final boss I get my butt kicked. I tried mines, different force powers, hit and run, and traditional lightsaber fighting and I always lose. Should I start over and become a lightsaber wielding bad ass. Also, does a specifc character's level ups remain with that character in the end?

My character's modifiers :

Strength : +3

Dex: +2

Cons: -1

Int: +1

Wisdom: +9

Char: +6

Other Stats:

Vitality: 260

Force 433

DFense: 26

Fort: 13

Reflex: 16

Will: 27

What you might want to try for the final battle is casting force breach , then load up with every stim you can. After that cast master speed if you have and switch your attacks. The final boss was pretty much resistant to my force powers so I had to rely on melee attacks... :blink:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Kreia who turns out to be Drath Traya

Every other boss was very easy with just using force powers.

I tried a melee attack with shields, force powers, and force enchancing equipment. My character either misses completely or does very little damage to Darth Traya. I was thinking about upgrades but I think it is a little to late for upgrades now.

Kreia who turns out to be Drath Traya

Every other boss was very easy with just using force powers.

I tried a melee attack with shields, force powers, and force enchancing equipment.  My character either misses completely or does very little damage to Darth Traya.  I was thinking about upgrades but I think it is a little to late for upgrades now.

You list your only strength modifiers as being +3. I would suggest equipping all strength-related gear you can to improve this. Kreia's force powers can easily outmatch your own, even as a Jedi Master. Your best bet at this point is to attack her melee style (with total focus on using anything that will give you more attacks, more power etc.) Drop the force enhancing equipment, as I said only equip your strength or dexterity items. Good luck! It'd be a shame if you couldn't complete this final battle after making it so far! Other tricks you can use are the medpac exploit (pausing, going to the equip screen, selecting a medpac/advanced medpac/life support and choosing "use item" to avoid wasting a round). I also suggest using power attack (advanced or master if you have it).

As the people have said - offensive force powers are useless against her

except crush

Use the force to boost your own stats. enlightenment and valour come to mind, in addition stim yourself and sheild yourself.

Since your character is physically weak i hope you have some items to boost strength and/or overall defence. Hit and run is a must. You could try running away and force jumping her and repeat that. Dont bother with grenades, use mines if you have powerful ones and at the end keep away form the "distraction and go straight for her.

Too bad you're PC is not darkside - you could crush the boss easily.

I can only suggest to use medpacks and stims in between rounds by using them directly from the inventory. IMHO it is not an exploit, since you can use only one item per round (but can still fight in that round).

Also, have you checked your attack stats? Are you using lightsaber(s) designed to increase your attack? Are you using equipment (e.g. headgear) which increases your attack? Do you get any malus from dual weapon wielding, flurry, etc? at this stage, you just want to hit, so avoid anything which gives you a malus.

In the Trayus Academy there is a workbench. Go there and upgrade your robes and armor and lightsaber. If you are LS Force powers dont work on Final Boss but melee does. Opposite if you are darkside. You shopuld have enough swag even with a low repair skill you should be able to enchance your melee abilities. When approaching stop and dope up yourself with stims before starting combat.

Am I the only one who discovered that if you run around and hide behind one of the columns, the floating lightsabers will generally not reach you and you can just sit there and use whatever force powers at your leisure?

Granted, not the most sportsmanlike way... but if you're getting your ass kicked and you really can't defeat her...

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Against the boss, go and equip your best stuff (like Gamorrean Gauntlets, Combat Visor, etc) and upgrade your weapons as highly as possible. For the boss' weaponry... use Force/Knight/Master Speed and run away. You'll leave them behind, they'll split up, and you can take them on one at a time.

<>< <>< Fishy Fishy ><> ><>

Whenever I try that, one of them will split up and go the other way and then I end up running right into it.

But they aren't so difficult to kill... I've just come to a conclusion that Jedi Consulars/Jedi Masters aren't easy to play, and luckily I haven't started one yet.

Whenever I try that, one of them will split up and go the other way and then I end up running right into it.

But they aren't so difficult to kill... I've just come to a conclusion that Jedi Consulars/Jedi Masters aren't easy to play, and luckily I haven't started one yet.

But these 'distractions' are rather vulnerable to force powers. When I was a LS Jedi Master, I used a couple of Force Waves. They didn't even touch me. :wub:

Do you have force lightning or scream by anychance? WHile they are Ds, many LS plaers still select them. They are guarenteed to do damage, even if a succesful save is made. I also strongly reccomend you utilize force enlightenment. Finally, if you posssess an Ultima Pearl or Solari Crystal, alomng with any other itmes that boost atatck modifier and chnace to it, EQUIP IT!!!. Also, equip Jedi robes that boost physical attributes, such as Sylvar's Robe, or a Matukai Adept Robe (of course, these are very high level items, so you may not have found due to the fact that the random loot generator creates itmes appropriate for your level, usuallly).

I also womder how you could only be level 25 by the endgame? I'm usually in proximity Level 30 (higher if I utilize the Hsisss exploit). Try to max out your strength, since it adds to chance to it and damage, though don't neglect Dex. (def) or Con. (health). ANd you could always lower the difficulty...

Regardless of which character build you chose, there is something you can always do:

1) Equip a Verpine Prototype Shield, and activate it. This will stop all of the damage generated by the boss' lightsabers. Remember to constantly keep it up, since the boss can still pack a whallop. You should have a good number of these shields available.

2) Use Hyper Adrenal stimulants of each type. While the effect won't be as profound as what was seen in KOTOR 1, it will still help.

3) Use all buffing powers possible, including speed, energy resistance, force immunity, etc.

4) When you get damaged a great deal, open up your inventory panel, and use one of the life support packs from that screen, so you don't waste a turn. You should have several, since a bunch of them were probably dropped from your enemies on the Ravager, as well as in the Academy.

5) Equip the belt that boosts your abilities.

6) Be patient. The boss can take a LOT of damage.

I also womder how you could only be level 25 by the endgame? I'm usually in proximity Level 30 (higher if I utilize the Hsisss exploit).

Some people like to grind, some people like to just follow the plot... think i got to ~l.23 by the end of game, and that was after doing pretty much every quest in the book. Can't imagine the amount of pointless extra work that'd be needed to get 7+ more levels, especially when the game is quite easy below l.25 as it is so by grinding i'd be only spoiling my fun... <_<

as for the original poster's problem: running without speed boost (so the sabers could keep up) and lightsaber throw worked for me :">

Thank you everyone for the advice I was able to defeat the final boss Darth Traya. The stim's, verpine shield, knight speed, force immunity, stength-based equipment, and a moderately upgraded lightsabre did the trick. I didn't think of the strength-based equipment was a big deal but it was the edge I needed. The ending was a vague and lacked. I surpose that this is a good thing because the ending was probably writen that way so a sequel could be done. I have a few questions about the stuff the Kreia said. What did she mean when she said that by stiking her down or killing her that it rewarded her? Also, what does the reference to the Lost Jedi and they need a leader and a teacher mean? I didn't do alot of dialogue between a few of the characters . So could someone please clue me in on these topic.

P.S.: Thanks for the advice again.

TTo respind to Tmp. I didn't grind. I didn't use exploits. Some quests where unfinished. I reallly don't see how it's possible to be only in your lower 20's and still do all quests. When I grind, I get aorund level 30.

Thank you everyone for the advice I was able to defeat the final boss Darth Traya.  The stim's, verpine shield, knight speed, force immunity, stength-based equipment, and a moderately upgraded lightsabre did the trick.  I didn't think of the strength-based equipment was a big deal but it was the edge I needed.  The ending was a vague and lacked.  I surpose that this is a good thing because the ending was probably writen that way so a sequel could be done.  I have a few questions about the stuff the Kreia said.  What did she mean when she said that by stiking her down or killing her that it rewarded her?  Also, what does the reference to the Lost Jedi and they need a leader and a teacher mean?  I didn't do alot of dialogue between a few of the characters .  So could someone please clue me in on these topic. 

P.S.: Thanks for the advice again.

I think Kreia meant that by being powerful enough to kill her, you've shown that you have learned from her and ultimately surpassed her. The whole game she is trying to get you strong enough to face whatever it is you're supposed to face (I was hoping to finally see what an original Sith looked like...oh well) so killing her is the final test she set up to see if you are ready. Most of the characters that travel with you have the potential to become Jedi. It depends on what you say to them and if you try to train them or not. I guess Kreia meant that those characters were supposed to become Jedi but something held them back until you came along and enlightened them.

I think Kreia meant that by being powerful enough to kill her, you've shown that you have learned from her and ultimately surpassed her.  The whole game she is trying to get you strong enough to face whatever it is you're supposed to face (I was hoping to finally see what an original Sith looked like...oh well) so killing her is the final test she set up to see if you are ready.  Most of the characters that travel with you have the potential to become Jedi.  It depends on what you say to them and if you try to train them or not.  I guess Kreia meant that those characters were supposed to become Jedi but something held them back until you came along and enlightened them.

That seems like a really good interpretation to me...pretty much How i understood the end too...