Finishing KOTOR 2 in 7 hours

I have tried to go as quickly as possible through the game, using stealth, running away from enemies, doing as few quests as possible. I have now finished the game in just 7 hours, from Peragus to Malachor V. My PC made level 14 in the last fight before meeting Darth Sion.

Now I will complain with LucasArts that the game is way too short :thumbsup:

I believe it. A screeshot would not suffice though because there are many people out there who could use KSE to modify the recorded game time.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

I have tried to go as quickly as possible through the game, using stealth, running away from enemies, doing as few quests as possible. I have now finished the game in just 7 hours, from Peragus to Malachor V. My PC made level 14 in the last fight before meeting Darth Sion.

Now I will complain with LucasArts that the game is way too short  :-

Was it fun?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

It's doable. I beat KotOR 1 in 6 hours 54 minutes. A friend of mine shaved nearly an hour off of my time. Her time was 5 hours 57 minutes.

Edit: At the end of my speed run through K1 my character was 1500 points shy of level 19. My friend's character hit level 19.

Now I will complain with LucasArts that the game is way too short  ;)

thats bull ****!!! it took me 35h 55m's 2 beat it :- although i got 2 a level 37 sith lord :lol::(:):devil:

Hmm, now that I check the time I see that I did K2 in 58hours whereas I managed to milk 70hours out of K1.

SO LucasArts stole a good 12 hours worth of game time from us by enforcing their unreasonable deadline.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well, if you rush through the game, it makes it totally boring and waste of money.

Ah, but wasn't the game already a waste of money (glitches, poor quality, important cut content) :D

Sorry, had to say it.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

try as I might, I couldn't finish peragus in less than four hours... :blink:

My very first time on Peragus it took me about five hours. I had no idea what the hell I was doing. Divy up the hours:

Peragus, Telos, (any order) Dxun/Onderon, Korriban, Nar Shadda, Dantooine, Telos, Malachor.

That means you do each in an hour and some less.... NOT possible...

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

I believe it. A screeshot would not suffice though because there are many people out there who could use KSE to modify the recorded game time.

Exactly. I take myself the time from KSE, from the last quicksave just before giving Kreia the final blow. The timer was at 7 hours and 11 seconds. My actual playing time is higher, I had to do some reloads.

In any case, I did not want to boast. This is my 5th run through, there is nothing extraordinary about it. I am posting this to point out how much you can skip in the game.

For example I did Peragus in 37 minutes: just run past all robots, switch off those you can switch off, ignore the others by using shields and a high defense built, the only one you have to kill is HK-47. On the Harbinger, just run around stealthed, you will not have to fight any siths. The hardest part is at the end, when you have to run through a minefield. And you have to gun down with the lase cannon the 25 siths trying to board the ship.

Second example: I did Korriban in 11 minutes: run solo to the sith academy, run stealthed past the entrance of the cavern (do not even think of entering it), beam in your party in front of the academy and kill the beasts there, step into the academy and kill the beasts here, leave your party at the entranc an run solo and stealthed to the dormitories to get the computer login and perform the test, ignore any spawning siths and run to the training ground, kill the beasts, run to the prison, see the death sith master, take her login, open the front door using the console, swith to one of your NPC at the entrance and have him step out of the academy, so that the whole party is in front of the academy (yes, this skips the whole encounter with Darth Sion), run back to your ship...

Of course, you have to forget about turning your NPC into jedis, looting every container and creating items at the workbench.

& would  you really gain much experience to level up without doing any quests?

Now, of course not, My PC was level 14 with 91261 XP. But so what? The enemies scale according to your experience. The only trouble is that you have less force powers and less feats. And you have to take "stealth run" and crap like that as feats.

Sweetie, I know you're new, but it's a bit not done to post three times in a row.

Should you want to reply to more then one post, just use your edit button and add your comments accordingly :D

Just a tip.

Greetings,

Saraya

& would  you really gain much experience to level up without doing any quests?

Now, of course not, My PC was level 14 with 91261 XP. But so what? The enemies scale according to your experience. The only trouble is that you have less force powers and less feats. And you have to take "stealth run" and crap like that as feats.

How difficult was Kreia and her dancing scimitars at level 14?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

But why would you want to finish the game that quickly?! I mean, don't you want to get your $50 worth and do at least a portion of the side quests?! I don't care if u finished the game five times...why finish quickly?!

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

But why would you want to finish the game that quickly?! I mean, don't you want to get your $50 worth and do at least a portion of the side quests?! I don't care if u finished the game five times...why finish quickly?!

That is a very pointless question. You might as well ask "Why climb a mountain if you can fly over it?"

"Fastest Route" is a well known sport, same as, but almost completely opposite to "Most Experience". (The fastest playthrough for Half-Life is about 2 hours, for example. It involves jumping on those eye-beam mines to skip a whole section in Surface Tension, but all legal moves.)

Five times through would be sufficient to do all the side quests: I did them all in less than three playthroughs. I'd think a more appropriate questrion is why you'd bother playing the game five times ... it was so poorly done I lost all interest after a couple of playthroughs (which I made to confrm my suspiciions that there were no consequences to any of the choices in dialogues and especially including -- and from -- the dantooine confrontation onwards.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I dont believe you to... Screen shot please.. :thumbsup:

Take me 7 hours just to get out of Telos.. and that is skipping every conversation with the left button in my mouse and using force powers to get through battles in about 10 secs.

Very hard to believe. We need prove!!! <_<