Too Easy?

Ok, I'm only into the second area of the game. But, so far I have yet to come across a fight that is even remotely challenging. Did I miss a difficulty setting somewhere? Is the game just taking it easy on me in the early levels? Please, someone tell me that it gets more challenging. Or I may just hand it down to my 10 yr daughter to play now.

IMO the Normal option is good -> you don't have to pack 20 stims into yourself to win a fight but it makes things easier.

If they want to make K3 tougher I hope that they leave Normal as it was and add a Super-Difficult for all you who think it's too easy. I want my Normal to stay the way it is :rolleyes:

EDIT: OK I meant make Hard harder but leave Normal as it is

Dudes, it is a game, it is meant to be fun and if it is challenging, it is no fun at all.

If you want challenge, play Homeworld 2, the AI outright cheats in that game.

You could make your character weaker, don't use force powers and just fight with fists, don't heal yourself....don't save the game, no armour of any kind, just wear clothes.

I think we just get too much vitality and force everytime we level up...by the end of the game it's just a stupidly high amount...

that makes the use of armors and stimulants pretty useless...it's a pity really

For me to say that means something considering I usually hate games that are too hard...

I can't really take any stand with the topic title, but...

Loistava nicki!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yep but once again if had less vitality and force...we would probably have to start using medpacs,stimulant,armors and develop a real strategy...

obviously using mods we can have the game like that but it would be nice if the official version was a bit harder...

Or at least like some other people have said that setting the game to difficult would actually make it difficult...

d20 es stupido, cad has a good strip highlighting the flaws in d20

Yep, GURPS rock... Even the old SW systems are better than d20...

On a side note, I really don't care how easy or hard my game is when it's a roleplaying game...

But I see what y'all mean.

Loistava nicki!

:o ???

...kicking up translator

...translating

...task done

Loistava nicki!(finn.)= Great/amazing/superb/brilliant nick!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Actually, under some of the newer rules implementations it doesn't matter if you roll a 20 or not. Monsters that are large and greater in size requires greater massive damage rules to kill instantly. Such a dragon of collossal size would require 90 hit points done in one hit.

A long sword, lets say +5, weilded by a moderate strong warrior, lets say a 16 strength, would at maximum would only do 32 points of damage. Even if you were using the baseline massive damage system or the the d20 Modern massive damage there is no way a character could kill the dragon with a single hit on a criticial hit.

Harvey

Actually, under some of the newer rules implementations it doesn't matter if you roll a 20 or not.  Monsters that are large and greater in size requires greater massive damage rules to kill instantly.  Such a dragon of collossal size would require 90 hit points done in one hit.

A long sword, lets say +5, weilded by a moderate strong warrior, lets say a 16 strength, would at maximum would only do 32 points of damage.  Even if you were using the baseline massive damage system or the the d20 Modern massive damage there is no way a character could kill the dragon with a single hit on a criticial hit.

What if you use a vorpall sword to chop the dragon's head off?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Ok, I'm only into the second area of the game.  But, so far I have yet to come across a fight that is even remotely challenging.  Did I miss a difficulty setting somewhere?  Is the game just taking it easy on me in the early levels?  Please, someone tell me that it gets more challenging.  Or I may just hand it down to my 10 yr daughter to play now.

No, it doesn't get any more difficult. In fact, it gets even easier. I just finished the game as a Sentinel/Jedi Master, hardly a combo that should make you an unstoppable force with a lightsaber. Yet, at the end of the game, I simply cast Force Enlightenment before each battle and then sliced through even the most difficult enemies like a hot knife through butter. Remember how fighting Dark Jedi in KOTOR I meant that you had to deal with their force powers? Not so in KOTOR II. They are basically just regular melee opponents with lightsabers.

Remember how fighting Dark Jedi in KOTOR I meant that you had to deal with their force powers? Not so in KOTOR II. They are basically just regular melee opponents with lightsabers.

Yes, I see what you mean, but I won't look at it as difficulty though, but rather a script mess-up from obsidian's part.

I remebered the first time I encountered a dark jedi in K1..though I had a lightsaber along with Jolee and Juhani, they seem pretty strong, in that..they wiped out my entire party in seconds using only force powers in the first quarter of the fight and then, slicing through the rest of the fight.

Yes, the game is way too easy. You may say that storywise grunts should be no match for a jedi. Very well. However, when the game's major villains, themselves powerful jedi, go down in a single turn, I think the game is a BIT too easy. What bothers me most is that it is so easy that many of the game's items and strategies become superfluous, like stims and grenades.

I'd get Beancounter's Hardcore Mod as soon as possible:

http://www.starwarsknights.com/kotor2mods.php

A note from my own experience: these hardcore settings can make the early game very difficult, peaking at around the

Telos Abandoned Base

, but as you approach the epic levels, the game becomes easier, so you might consider gradually increasing the mod difficulty as you proceed through the game.

Well, the first game was too easy as well as the NWN game and they both basically use the same rules system.  I just don't think the d20 System translates well on the computer.

Well, the 'right' difficulty is in the eye of the beholder - that is why games have different difficulty settings. Both the original KotOR and NWN hit the sweet spot for me going solo on 'difficult'.

But KotOR 2 on 'difficult' is like 'Tourist' mode in Serious Sam. And this has nothing to do with d20.

In the first gae you have to battle some creatures which cannot be easily killed by normal means, this is what I miss.

1) A Rancor (The Taris one)

2) Sherruk (Okay, he is very tough)

3) Krayt Dragon

4) 2 Terentateks

etc.etc.

Master Vandar lives!