do jedi kill their prisoners

I'll take being manipulated and mindwiped over being murdered any day. But I get your point. It did seem like a mighty evil thing to do , doesn't it? I guess that is the great hypocrisy of the Jedi Council... :(

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

i got thinking bout what bastila said in one. that jedi do not kill their prisoners.

Tell that to Mace Windu.

----

but they wipe their memory. in my opinion that would be the same thing. anyone feel differently?

And they've done worse than that - they've cut fellow Jedi off from the Force.

manthing2.jpg

i got thinking bout what bastila said in one. that jedi do not kill their prisoners.

Tell that to Mace Windu. why you say that? i haven't seen ep 1 or 2 in forever.

----

but they wipe their memory. in my opinion that would be the same thing. anyone feel differently?

And they've done worse than that - they've cut fellow Jedi off from the Force.

true, but if i remember roight it was only one person Ulic.

They say that they don't kill their prisoners, but part of that bugs me: how do you define prisoner? Is someone your prisoner only when you declare them to be, or when you have the tactical upper hand (say, disarming someone)? Same thing with the Windu reference...

When does someone stop being an opponent and start being a prisoner?

Wow, maybe I should just get some sleep.

Cloris

I'll take being manipulated and mindwiped over being murdered any day.  But I get your point.  It did seem like a mighty evil thing to do , doesn't it?  I guess that is the great hypocrisy of the Jedi Council... :)

If they hadn't created a new personality, he would have just died. I'd be grateful.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

This was my understanding, too. Revan's memory was lost in her near death experience battling with Bastila. Giving her a new identity was necessary for her own good. The morality issue is in the decision to choose an identity loyal to the Republic in order to serve the Jedi council, as opposed to one that was similar to Revan's original identity.

Given the doubts and disagreements this caused on the Council, I can't imagine it's something that happens every day.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

This was my understanding, too.  Revan's memory was lost in her his near death experience battling with Bastila.  Giving her his a new identity was necessary for her his own good.  The morality issue is in the decision to choose an identity loyal to the Republic in order to serve the Jedi council, as opposed to one that was similar to Revan's original identity.

Given the doubts and disagreements this caused on the Council, I can't imagine it's something that happens every day.

Grammatical errors fixed. You should be thanking me Steve. :)"

----

if its the lord of the sith -  you kill him, geneva convention does not apply.

Is he not worthy of redemption then? For the day you would deny a man his chance to prove his innonence in court is the day you've lost my friend. If you prick us Sith do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?

manthing2.jpg

Grammatical errors fixed. You should be thanking me Steve.  :)"

Thank you for imposing your version of the game upon me. In fact, why don't you just wipe my mind and imprint your fascist pronouns onto my very identity? I'm free this afternoon from four.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Thank you for imposing your version of the game upon me.

A pleasure.

---

In fact, why don't you just wipe my mind and imprint your fascist pronouns onto my very identity?

Don't mind if I do.

---

I'm free this afternoon from four.

Mustn't keep you waiting then.

^_^

manthing2.jpg

Is he not worthy of redemption then? For the day you would deny a man his chance to prove his innonence in court is the day you've lost my friend.  If you prick us Sith do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?

The thing with holding a hypothetical sith awaiting trial is what is to stop him from using his freaky mind powers to escape and kill his captors?

If the sith is a former jedi then at least you could argue that he was once good - maybe he just lost his way and can be redeemed.

I was using the example of palps who has only known the teachings of the sith and is sith through and through, someone so powerful is a walking weapon so he should be killed.

They say that they don't kill their prisoners, but part of that bugs me: how do you define prisoner? Is someone your prisoner only when you declare them to be, or when you have the tactical upper hand (say, disarming someone)? Same thing with the Windu reference...

When does someone stop being an opponent and start being a prisoner?

Wow, maybe I should just get some sleep.

Cloris

Well, if they are part of a recognised civilisation with a sanctioned government then they are prisoners once they are disarmed. Otherwise they are enemy combatants and not must be exterminated. :rolleyes:"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

no... they redeemed revan in an unconventional manner. Not everything should be up for debate by the moral majority. In a time of war difficult decisions have to be made, the bottom line was that revan was the leader of the baddies so capturing him was a big bonus. They needed info from him so manipulating one person is fine especially when it saved the galaxy (LS)

I think that in Revan's shoes, I'd have preferred death. They wiped away the old personality and put a new one in on top of it. To me, that's like killing someone and then creating a new person out of all the dead person's bits. More like murder and theft, you could say.

If they put in a personality as close as possible to the original Revan that might not be so bad.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

no... they redeemed revan in an unconventional manner. Not everything should be up for debate by the moral majority. In a time of war difficult decisions have to be made, the bottom line was that revan was the leader of the baddies so capturing him was a big bonus. They needed info from him so manipulating one person is fine especially when it saved the galaxy (LS)

On the other hand, according to Kreia, all they did was return Revan's true personality, like some sortt of spiritual and mental restore disk... I rather liked that, the notion that no matter what (Jedi, Sith, Jedi mind-rape victim), Revan was never anything other than Revan.

As we can well see in the present, let alone our science fiction, those that would give up their principles for victory are soon left with neither. I do not understand logic that states that "guardians of the peace" can remain so if they cannot uphold those principles in times of conflict.

Back to the point, though, let's say that Malak and Kavar are dueling. If Malak drops his saber and stops fighting -- can Kavar, in good consious as a Jedi, kill Malak? Could Malak avoid death by conceeding and saying "I am your prisoner?"

Cloris

PS: I always set Reven up as female, is there some sort of problem with that, jaguars4ever?