Apprentices better be actually Apprentices in k3

ok is it just me, or did anyone expect the apprentice-master feature 2 be a lil more full-fulling. All i got from everything was a couple extra dialog options. No pushing them around, no bowing, and they didnt even change their attitude twoards anything. For instance, if ur gonna be a dark jedi u would think that they might be a lil angry. No get upset when i kill a person for lookin at me wrong. I was expecting pur loyalty! I mean if im gonna be a sith lord, u always need one person who will take the bullet when time is needed. But nnnoooooooo did that happy. Sure didnt. I just hope that there will be a actually apprentice feature. And maybe another sith/jedi acheadmy, were the masters ask you to go take upon your self to go find an worthy apprentice. And you could pick out of alot of ppl(like in kotor1, and numerous ppl ask u if tehy can join teh sith acheadmy). Well thats a LITTLE bit of what i think.

anyone agree/disagree?

-Matt

It would be nice, and would add to realism. It means a lot of extra resources spent on alternative dialogues and so on, but this just has to be accepted. If you create a game that aims to be an immersive experience, then you raise the bar for what players expect. If your characters can swing in alignment from DS to LS, it's unrealistic that their dialogue or behaviour should not change as well.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

It would be nice, and would add to realism.  It means a lot of extra resources spent on alternative dialogues and so on, but this just has to be accepted.  If you create a game that aims to be an immersive experience, then you raise the bar for what players expect.  If your characters can swing in alignment from DS to LS, it's unrealistic that their dialogue or behaviour should not change as well.

You've hit the nail on the head there, though; before KotOR II came out we were all pretty damn happy with the idea opf affecting people's light/dark alighnment (the lack of which was something that bugged me with KotOR I). Now we've seen that happen, gamers have picked a fault in it- that their attitudes don't change. That can be fixed in another game. Isn't this how gaming evolves; trail and error?

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

Though I'm usually one to defend KotORII, I agree with you guys on this one. There's a reason the apprentice always ends up chopping up the master, the master speaks to the apprentice as though he was an inferior dog most of the time, or ignores the apprentice totally. I would have liked to bitch-slap Handmaiden like that once in a while :o

Yeah, apprentices should ACT like apprentices. There was no "master?", or "be indful of your feelings my padawan", type stuff

And I was really disappointed that Revan didn't get to have a master after becoming a padawan, not mention there wasn't enough time for any jedi trial stuff or at least being told by that masters that she had raised in rank and become a jedi knight. :blink: