Jedi Master/Guardian

Consular/Weapon masters is probably the strongest combo. Since you get all three levels of force focus which make your powers really hard to resist. You also get all the advance weapon skills. This game is far too easy though, considering you could blow through the game with any combo it's pretty hard to fully test the effectiveness of this combo.

Consular/Weapon masters is probably the strongest combo.  Since you get all three levels of force focus which make your powers really hard to resist.  You also get all the advance weapon skills.  This game is far too easy though, considering you could blow through the game with any combo it's pretty hard to fully test the effectiveness of this combo.

I just recently bought the game yesterday (Due to stubborness on my part). I noticed right away how easy things were. I was going to look for a difficulty setting tonight to see if the games default difficulty level was "Toddler". Haha. I mean, I don't even have to use any tactics because it seems like I can just walk into most any room and just clean house... Does this change beyond the first area where your trying to escape the mining outpost?

I just recently bought the game yesterday (Due to stubborness on my part). I noticed right away how easy things were. I was going to look for a difficulty setting tonight to see if the games default difficulty level was "Toddler". Haha. I mean, I don't even have to use any tactics because it seems like I can just walk into most any room and just clean house... Does this change beyond the first area where your trying to escape the mining outpost?

No, unfortunately, the game is pretty well toddler easy (pointless difficulty setting notwithstanding) except for the ocassional end-boss battle (which are moderately easy).

And yes, my first game I chose Guardian (as it was the recommended first choice) and Jedi Master.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

all ds classes get crush, it is cool.

Overpowered :S

I don't even recall my FP dropping when I used it... By the end of the game, I swear I had infinite FP. :S

Yep, (depending on Force forms) I used LS Stasis and Force Wave with almost no cost. Game was too esay.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Consular/Weapon masters is probably the strongest combo.  Since you get all three levels of force focus which make your powers really hard to resist.  You also get all the advance weapon skills.  This game is far too easy though, considering you could blow through the game with any combo it's pretty hard to fully test the effectiveness of this combo.

Righto.

You get the best force forms and than you get Juyo form when you become a Weaponsmaster.

Though no class is the best as the game is far to easy, I could probably mow through it if the game let me ran a character with only 8 points for every stat.

I liked playing Guardian/ Jedi Master because it seemed the the "right" way to go, I don't think its the most powerful, but it would seem the path the Luke Skywalker took

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Guardian - Weaponsmaster is pretty good if you want to use two lightsabers and have force jump. The real downside of this combo is that you don't have many skills which are far more important in this game then it was in the original Kotor. The least important skill in this game is Stealth but all the others are pretty important if you want to have a lot off dialogue options and fully complete T3-M4 for example.

Master Vandar lives!

Yeah, the game may be easy but its realistic, i mean a Jedi would be able to cut his way through everything thrown at him.

Apparently consular/weapon master is the best, but i always prefer starting as sentinal, good balance of life and force points, and MMMMMMMMMMMMM all those skills for upgrades and extra dialog options, i always start with 16int as well.

Cus the game is so easy its best to stock up on skills, cus ure gonna beat everything easily anyway, may as well unlock all the extra things with high skills.

most jedi seem to go the guardian/jedi master route, but guardians get a crappy 1 skill point, and jedi masters lightside only really get force wave, which aint that much fun.

personally i dont see how anyone can play as alightside jedi master, so boring, even dark side, force powers get so boring, just spam lighting, as a lightsaber user u upgrade and go diff combat routes and cut down endless people, i just think its way more fun

'I did it all for the wookies'

I was just curious if anyone has tried mixing things up a bit and created a Jedi Guardian with Jedi Master or even Consular with Weaponmaster?

I did Guardian/Master and I quite enjoyed it. It made for a nice balance by the end of the game of being able to buff myself like crazy but having most of the combat feats I wanted plus a pretty high Vitality.

As said before, there was something about it that seemed to make sense. At first, focus on combat, skill with the lightsaber, but then as the character progesses in the Light Side he recognizes that peace and teaching others is the higher path...

This discussion always makes me wonder about Yoda. He's clearly (at least to me) a Jedi Master, and the most powerful with the Force, but he's also the baddest with a lightsaber. It seems to me that Lucas' picture of the Jedi is a much more synergistic view, meaning rather than focusing on either the Force or the lightsaber to become skilled at, the stronger you are in the Force, the better you'll be with a lightsaber, or piloting a ship, or anything. Ahh well... this way makes for more balanced RPG's in any case.