Buy K3 thread!!

I'm not going to buy another LucasArts game again.  They made it clear they don't care about the customers when they nixed the content patch.

LOL, problem with that type of opinion is if I adopted that kind of thinking Id SERIOUSLY have a lack of games Id buy.

I mean seriously, just off top of head that would eliminate

-ANY Sony product

-ANY Blizzard product

-ANY LA product

-list goes on and on!

How do you expect the situation to get better if you keep buying games from companies that don't care about their customers?

Unless you have a revolution planned for tommorow, every god damn firm that produces video games for the kind of money that LA does, will have to broad a variety of fans to please all of them. That's why every fan is a little bit displeased.

That's the problem with capitalism, and as long as you're country suppports that kind of s***, no video game producer will ever put the pleasing of fans higher than their own income, they simply can't afford it. It isn't necessarily their fault, because they didn't make the rules that is capitalism, they just have to play by them if they wish to survive.

Sorry to say it.

That said, KotORI was very good, KotORII ruled, and so KotORIII is going into my shopping cart also. And I won't lie to myself: There are so few RPG releases per year, and if I chose not to buy the only SW RPG release there was, I'd be dum.

Unless of course they only make it for PS3, then I'm not buying it. Not because it couldn't be good, but because I'm old fashioned and sticking to my PC :lol:

And anyways, I think their income would drop if they shipped an RPG game for platform only...

I'm not going to buy another LucasArts game again.  They made it clear they don't care about the customers when they nixed the content patch.

that makes two of us. Fanboy topics like these prove LA's strategy right.

Grunker things are not that simple. It's not: capitalism = bend over. There is a term called "boycott" even though it has nothing to do with the term called "fanboy".

Grunker things are not that simple. It's not: capitalism = bend over. There is a term called "boycott" even though it has nothing to do with the term called "fanboy".

Too true. The markets do (ocassionally) determine what is sold to them: by varying the demand they affect the supply. Think of genetically modified crops in Europe, or environmentally-friendly coffee and tuna. Or blatantly shallow gender politics and sexism in games. (Oh, well that's still being ironed out. :) )

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yeah, but I for one have never heard of a boycott of a video game producer, and I don't think I will.

ESPECIALLY when it is in cases such as these where some are satisfied with the product and some aren't.

And by the way, enviromentally correct foods and drinks are not selling, especially not in the US. Why? Because the market doesn't want to sell them, thus pushes up the prices for those product, and lowers them on their own. Lots of money brings lots of power, even power to control portions of the market.

So even though you decide what you'll buy, the powerplayers on the world-wide market sure as hell will do what he or she can to make you buy whats in their interest, instead of your own.

Thus, the few companies who think about your interest along with their own, will never grow very large.

I know that I'll end up buying it, but I probably only get it for PC (if available), since I ended up getting TSL for Xbox, and then again for PC so I could play more of the damn thing (LA can thank the modding community for me buying it twice).

Cloris

Question is, are you ready to switch platform in order to buy KotOR 3? There's been rumor at the Gamespy forums and gaming-age-forums about KotOR 3 becoming a Ps3-exclusive.

ugh, if thats the case, count me out. I don't game enough to warrant buying a console.

Heres hoping that it comes to PC as well.

hmmm a franchise thats made a ton of money (being xbox only) is suddenly going to switch to PS for no reason at all?

ROFLMAO! Thats one of the dumbest rumors Ive ever heard. No chance in hell that happens!

How can you judge a game based on its predecessor(s) anyways? It's like the Lord of the Rings movies... the first one was great, the second one was even better and you wondered how the third one could get better but it just kinda blew you away...

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

On a side note... I'd like to see another option made besides KOTOR3. If Obsidian took the best parts of KOTOR 1&2 and combined them with the best parts of Neverwinter Nights 1&2 we would have an awesome game with multi-player and a toolset. But, I don't think the game companies are smart enough to come up with this. KOTOR is popular because it's a Star Wars game with a good storyline. Neverwinter Nights is popular because of its replay/MOD ability, not to mention the fact that it's a multi-player game.

Question is, are you ready to switch platform in order to buy KotOR 3? There's been rumor at the Gamespy forums and gaming-age-forums about KotOR 3 becoming a Ps3-exclusive.

ugh, if thats the case, count me out. I don't game enough to warrant buying a console.

Heres hoping that it comes to PC as well.

hmmm a franchise thats made a ton of money (being xbox only) is suddenly going to switch to PS for no reason at all?

ROFLMAO! Thats one of the dumbest rumors Ive ever heard. No chance in hell that happens!

Alot of people were suprised when Square-Enix shifted from Nintendo to Sony, ending an era of 6 Final Fantasy games for one console.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If that's the case, then I'll change my answer. I'll only buy KOTOR 3 if it comes out on PC. The vast majority of console games suck. It would be beyond stupid to buy a console just for the four or five decent games made for it.

If that's the case, then I'll change my answer.  I'll only buy KOTOR 3 if it comes out on PC.  The vast majority of console games suck.  It would be beyond stupid to buy a console just for the four or five decent games made for it.

Now you tell me... <_<

On a side note...  I'd like to see another option made besides KOTOR3.  If Obsidian took the best parts of KOTOR 1&2 and combined them with the best parts of Neverwinter Nights 1&2 we would have an awesome game with multi-player and a toolset.  But, I don't think the game companies are smart enough to come up with this.  KOTOR is popular because it's a Star Wars game with a good storyline.  Neverwinter Nights is popular because of its replay/MOD ability, not to mention the fact that it's a multi-player game.

The best parts of NWN? There were any good parts? Tell me, tell me! I know I've re-played and re-played without finding any...

I'm going to buy K3 either way, no matter if it's good or bad. Just that if it's bad, then I'll be pissed off with it's makers again and post crap on their forums while waiting for the next game to come out.

That's the spirit! :thumbsup:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I'm going to buy K3 either way, no matter if it's good or bad. Just that if it's bad, then I'll be pissed off with it's makers again and post crap on their forums while waiting for the next game to come out.

I hear you! :thumbsup:

How can you judge a game based on its predecessor(s) anyways? It's like the Lord of the Rings movies... the first one was great, the second one was even better and you wondered how the third one could get better but it just kinda blew you away...

Because, and lets use Star Wars films to compare apples with apllles:

ANH was groundbreaking and a true cultural phenomenon;

ESB was a better film;

RotJ had a terrible second half, subtitled "Muppets save the Universe", and

the next two films were even worse.

You can interpolate the trend.

TCW seemed to be better than TPM, so extrapolating the trend further bodes well for RotS.

:lol:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The amusing thing about this thread is that, despite the fact that it was created in direct opposition to the "Don't buy K3" thread, the contents have ended up identical: most posters explaining why K2 sucked and why they won't buy K3, with the balance saying they might and that K2 wasn't that bad.

Well, I thought it was ironic. :D

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT