Don't buy K3 thread!

I am not going to follow the same mistake as with K2. I am not buying Kotor 3 if it ends up having a incomplete story that shouldn't of been the story in the first place..

Yes Obsidan I am talking about your 90 Yearold Historian teacher who gets her ass kicked by everyone and tries to bring an end to the force (yawn) and it ends up that she's the main villian who was disguised as your ally..

Hey maybe the story would of been good if there was a twist how Kreia shows her true motives (Hell Sidious did a better job, he ordered order 66)

But Kreia? What did she do exactly? Drain health 3 master jedi to death? (how is that a twist) and you see her run off and suspously she attacks the ship but all you find is Atton who's out of breath (whaa) and then he's perfectly ok..

right...

I swear if I read on gamespot, Gamespy, IGN that the story of Kotor 3 is something like K2.. which is like

You AWAKE in a Tatioone Cantina with a huge hangover. You get met by a old women.. no wait.. lets have a old man! Who happens to have the unique ability of forming a force bond with you (OH YIPPIE). He says he's the master of the exile and you follow him throughout the galaxy.

At the end you find out that he's the one who bought you the drinks in the first place (Which caused you your hangover) a fight ensues over the last drink, after you chop off his drinking hand. He tells you your future.. "Many drinks I see in the future", "Kotor 4 coming to stores in 6 months!" etc etc. Than your main character kills him to get the last drink. Than the movie rolls with your character walking out of the cantina (for no reason) and than...

than..

THE CREDITS ROLL.. LEAVING YOU WITH A FEELING THAT THE GAME WASN'T COMPLETE.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, K3 better not have a crappy and retarded story like K2

K2 being more fun than K1 is relative to your tastes Grand_Commander13.

I for example did not have half as much fun in K2 as I did in K1, but that is because of my own preferrences. The same can be said of the story, some feel K1 was better some K2. it's all a matter of taste. I've played K2 only once and my interest in the game rapidly fades, the only hope I have for it is the restoration project and even with the cut content the story and the adventure is less engrossing to me than the original.

As for K3, if it is made which looks to be no time soon if ever at all, I'll have to consider carefully all of the elements K3 brings to the table before I purchase it. Depending on who is the main character, where the storyline goes, if the game is finished, how polished it is and if it has an ending will all deeply affect my decision to buy K3.

Heh, I thought the twist in TSL were better then, "OMFG!11! Im d4rth R3v4n!!11!

Anyhow, I'm sorry to didn't enjoy the story... thought, i'm sure you decided long before you even played the game, that the story was going to suck.

Also, I'm almost 100% sure you will buy Kotor3, even if it gets horrible reviews.

Because anyone who would continue to *waste* their time visiting a Kotor2 Board and actually post has some sever attachment to the game.

I hope the story for K3 is as good as K2 because I thought it was better than the first, just incomplete. If K3 is incomplete they're just not learning from their mistakes.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well if it's done by OE then I'm gonna buy it...I'm gonna play it...I might even like it :)

...and that's the Fanboy in me talking :lol:"

And if Bio makes it...then I'm gonna rent it...and I'll only buy it if they also learn from their mistakes :)

I know I'll buy K3, hell or high water. There was just so much to -do- in K2, and my dissatisfaction with it came not from what they did, but what wasn't finished. Hell, I just played the Episode 3 game, and I'm not even really a fan of Star Wars in general.

Okay, wait, maybe I am becoming a fan, but it's beause of "The Sith Lords," I swear! Before that, I had Battlefront. Now I have six of these damn games, and one of them twice (Xbox and PC -- you just guess which one!) :lol:

Cloris

As flawed as Kotor 2 is, it's still one of the best games released this/last year. There simply isn't that much competition. So if you love games, you just have to buy it and turn a blind eye to the faults. The same will likely be true for Kotor 3, should it get made.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

MTJ has given us KOTOR 2 in a nutshell and also

a near perfect description of the tequila binge

I went on last Saturday. 

...And to think I once thought Mountain Dew was

the ultimate buzz...    :">

Wait, wait...you're telling me you've never put the Mountain Dew in the Tequilla? Good God man, are you sane?! ^_^

manthing2.jpg

Anyhow, I'm sorry to didn't enjoy the story... thought, i'm sure you decided long before you even played the game, that the story was going to suck.

Also, I'm almost 100% sure you will buy Kotor3, even if it gets horrible reviews.

Because anyone who would continue to *waste* their time visiting a Kotor2 Board and actually post has some sever attachment to the game.

One of the most correct posts I hoped to see in this thread, both regarding the twist in K1 and about K3 :cool:

Seriously, how many "I won't buy K3" or "K2 sucked so I'm angry" threads have we seen in these boards? We all are going to buy it if/when it comes out, no matter how we felt about K2 (which totall PWNz K1 IMHO), so why complain...

One of the most correct posts I hoped to see in this thread, both regarding the twist in K1 and about K3 :cool:

Seriously, how many "I won't buy K3" or "K2 sucked so I'm angry" threads have we seen in these boards? We all are going to buy it if/when it comes out, no matter how we felt about K2 (which totall PWNz K1 IMHO), so why complain...

They don't buy it because it's KOTOR, they buy it because it's Starwars...

People are paying 5 dollars for Starwars Ringtones or wallpaper.

They would probably spend 50 dollars for a game that was done in a month (don't get any ideas obsidian)

Well, just because you don't learn from experience doesn't mean everyone else won't.

I will not buy the next Star Wars RPG (I don't buy SW FPS as they suck) until after I have confirmed and re-confirmed the quality through the game magazines and fora, and then re-confirmed a third time by renting it.

Very valid points about the predictable narrative elements, I expect this won't change as there seems to be a determination by LA and their harem of developers to pay endless homage to the limited archetypes provided by the films. I don't find it quite as unpalatable, however: it is SW, after all.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT