Can't start the game with nocd patch

For convenience I have a nocd patch to KOTOR since I play it on 2 computers. My problem is whenever I try to start the game my windows xp just gives me an error message saying that the program will be shut down.

I'm running the game under the newest version of windows xp. I have a 1 GHz pentium and a GeForce 2 graphic card.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

For convenience I have a nocd patch to KOTOR since I play it on 2 computers. My problem is whenever I try to start the game my windows xp just gives me an error message saying that the program will be shut down.

I'm running the game under the newest version of windows xp. I have a 1 GHz pentium and a GeForce 2 graphic card.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Your graphics card is bordering on obsolete. Does the game play normally with the CD? Why not just use it....it doesn't take THAT much effort to move a CD around.

Your graphics card is bordering on obsolete. Does the game play normally with the CD? Why not just use it....it doesn't take THAT much effort to move a CD around.

LOL Bordering on obsolete. I only just replaced my GeForce 2 about a month ago, and that was only because I wanted to experience some of the better visual effects in the game. The GeForce 2 ran the game fine, so I'm sure that's not really relevant to this person's problem. Try to look for a new NO-CD patch, maybe you can find one on gamecopyworld.com or similar websites.

i use a no cd patch no problems at all. mabye if u can wxpalin what you got i can help more but i'll tell you what i have and how i did it.

its a .exe file with the name swkotor2 it should be near 5 mb.

1.place it in the folder c:/programfiles/LucasArts/SWKotOR2.

*2.replace the no-cd crack with the file of the same name.

3. double click the no-cd crack and it should start up normally.

*before replacing the orginal file with the no-cd crack you should copy the orginal swkotor2.exe and place it on your desktop or somehwere safe.

hope it helps

i use a no cd patch no problems at all. mabye if u can wxpalin what you got i can help more but i'll tell you what i have and how i did it.

*before replacing the orginal file with the no-cd crack you should copy the orginal swkotor2.exe and place it on your desktop or somehwere safe.

hope it helps

As I said... The 1b patch added more security and the original executable doubled in size (from 6 MB to around 14 MB) which means if you try and use the old no-cd patch that is floating around, you've essentially not really patched your game.

I am beginning to wonder if this person really did buy the game because if you buy games you don't even have to worry about no-cd cracks/hacks because you can just put the CD in and no problem. Why post about a non-existant problem... Unless it really *is* a problem for some reason, eh?

I have the same problem/wish to get the new cd-patch. And I DO have an original, its just that i do not want to put the play disc into the machine every time i play and i want to "spare" the cd so i can play the game at a later date...

No cd paches should be available on official sites after you register the product IMHO... No point to punishing paying customers by forcing them to ware of (their often overpaied) cds much sooner than the pirates do theirs...

hope it helps

As I said... The 1b patch added more security and the original executable doubled in size (from 6 MB to around 14 MB) which means if you try and use the old no-cd patch that is floating around, you've essentially not really patched your game.

I am beginning to wonder if this person really did buy the game because if you buy games you don't even have to worry about no-cd cracks/hacks because you can just put the CD in and no problem. Why post about a non-existant problem... Unless it really *is* a problem for some reason, eh?

Because it could become a problem. Anyone follow Bioware and their NWN fiasco where CD's were cracking very quickly after puchase and such? Not to mention how fragile a cd is. Personally, I rather have my CD locked up and put away just in case I need to do a reinstall than swapping it in and out with a group of other CDs and upping the risk I break it.

Not to mention performance issues, some games are faster with a nocd patch installed. Sometimes people just want a legitimate way to run their game safely without risking the original cause you never know what might happen.

KOTOR2 uses Secur-Rom 7 CD protection which has not been "cracked" and that is the whole point.

You're probably going to have to force yourself to use the CDs because they added even more Secur-Rom 7 stuff in the 1b patch.

That explains a problem I had, sort of. I bought the game a few weeks ago and patched it the next day. With the patch installed, it kept telling me that it couldn't verify or authenticate the CD even though I had the original play disc in the drive ;) I ended up reinstalling the game and playing it without the patch and it worked fine (or well I got a few bugs but I was able to work around them). Does anyone know if the new movie/music patch will require the 1.0b patch to work? I want the higher quality movies and music but if I can't get into the game it wouldn't matter anyway...

KOTOR2 uses Secur-Rom 7 CD protection which has not been "cracked" and that is the whole point.

You're probably going to have to force yourself to use the CDs because they added even more Secur-Rom 7 stuff in the 1b patch.

That explains a problem I had, sort of. I bought the game a few weeks ago and patched it the next day. With the patch installed, it kept telling me that it couldn't verify or authenticate the CD even though I had the original play disc in the drive ;) I ended up reinstalling the game and playing it without the patch and it worked fine (or well I got a few bugs but I was able to work around them). Does anyone know if the new movie/music patch will require the 1.0b patch to work? I want the higher quality movies and music but if I can't get into the game it wouldn't matter anyway...

That's one of the major problems where the "anti piracy" actually is hurting the real consumers and not the actual hackers. Seems the more and more "protection" we get, the more and more older drives can't seem to read it. SecureRom has been insanely notorious for this in the past and I don't see it changing anytime soon obviously. This is the main reason most people use a no cd patch, because their drive can't read it.

I pretty much agree with everything that's been said already. Modern CD manufacturing pretty much gives a product that only lasts at most three to five years (my rough estimate). With more rigorous use, the lifetime of a CD can degrade to a year or less.

However, I don't necessarily agree with no-cd patches. A better solution is to persuade these companies to use manufacturers that give long-lasting products. It really isn't that hard to engineer a manufacturing process that gives a reasonable CD lifetime.

Regarding copy protection such as SecureRom, the fight against piracy isn't going to be won with such technologies; such practices will only drive up consumer prices, which end up fueling the whole piracy movement. Even if recent technologies are effective (ie. Splinter Cell: CT), it's only a matter of time and resources before it gets cracked. The real way to fight piracy is to ensure that these games are of good quality and easily accessible; that means the whole corporate mentality of "more profits" needs to be turned upside down.