My first interview ever

Inkers don't get enough respect. The art in a comic can suck royal ass if the inker is no good.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Its a little strange that you're the only one there with a madeup name.

*comic book guy voice*

btw, Dave McKean is the best comic artist ever in the history of mankind.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

*comic book guy voice*

btw, Dave McKean is the best comic artist ever in the history of mankind.

I'm a fan of Chris Bachalo, even though his men tend to all look similar. The Kuberts are good as well, and John Romita Jr is pretty sweet. Don Figueroa is the Transformers god.

Oh, and back to the original poster: Super speed? What a wussy superpower. Probability Control all the way baby.

Devastatorsig.jpg

EY, time space continuum control is teh shiznit...

back to derailing: maybe Dave McKean is sort of in another ballpark since he isnt really a comic artist in the traditional sense. Totally agree that Figuera is the master of transformers.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

EY, time space continuum control is teh shiznit... 

back to derailing: maybe Dave McKean is sort of in another ballpark since he isnt really a comic artist in the traditional sense. Totally agree that Figuera is the master of transformers.

Yeah, just looked him up, he does covers. I have a good deal of the sandman trades he did the covers for.

Devastatorsig.jpg

He's done a good share of comics too like Violent Cases, Signal to Noise, Wolves in the walls(me avatar), when I traded my dad for two goldfish, arkham asylum etc. but they're more art than comics and they're not really drawn but a huge blend of techniques

Is Kingdom Come the graphic novel where Superman goes into retirement after losing a court battle? If so, that was a great read. I don't get the chance to read comics anymore, but my brother in law insisted I read it. It was a quick read and reminded me why I used to love comics so much. ...And I liked the new take on the Flash. His super speed putting him in two realities at the same time was awesome.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Kingdom Come was great. Probably the best mainline DC story I've read. I like Alex Ross but I put him in the same boat as Brian Hitch. Both are excellent, but their realistic style can get kinda boring after a while.

Also, Adam Hughes is the master of drawing women.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Thanks guys.

Inkers don't get enough respect. The art in a comic can suck royal ass if the inker is no good.

Agreed.

An inker can make or break a drawing. A GOOD inker is a must.

p.s. Love your sig

As a rule, Zhen is the name that I use online. In this case, I found out that it is the name that they used on the site as well. Maybe I should use it as my "pen name" as well?? :-

Maybe its not made up ...

Made up it is.

Originally tried Zool. Let me tell you, there are many Zool out there.

I made it distinctive enough to be able to use it whereever I go online without worrying about using Bob253674 because there already are 20 000 000 Bob online.

Although I discovered a few other uses as well.

When in a list of names, my real name gets lost through the billions of name starting with "V". But in the "Z" section, they are usually just a few. Add to this how distinctive Zhen is, and you can't help but notice it amidst just a few names.

Heck just look how it attracted Kaftan Barlast's attention.

And there is no confusion about when someone talks about "Zhen" as opposed to talking about Bob the artist which might get confusing when there are multiple artists named Bob.

There is only one "Zhen". :thumbsup: