Better of the Sith Classes

It depends on your style:

-Do you want force powers:go with lord\master

-Do you want Combat abilitie:go with the weponmaster\marauder

-Do you want an all around character: try the assasin\whatchman

It all depends on your style...and your party members :thumbsup:

Just choose the one you feel better with :shifty:

it also depends on what class u choose at the start.

If consular i normally go with marauder b/c u already have force powers y not get more feats and attributes while ur at it?

guardian needs either sith lord or assassin, you could do marauder if you like using medpacs all the freakin time

sentinel can do w/e

I've finished the game with my guardian\weponmaster and it's bllody easy...IMO it's the easiest way to finish it :thumbsup:

But if you trully want to experience as muc of the game as possible then go with a sentnel and choose whatever prestige class you want(if you want one that is) :shifty:

guardian needs either sith lord or assassin, you could do marauder if you like using medpacs all the freakin time

What are you smoking? A Guardian/Marauder kills enemies way faster than any other class combo and dead enemies don't do damage. Moreover, a decent Guardian/Marauder owns the opposition the whole time from Peragus to Malachor, while Consular-type characters take quite a while to 'bloom' - they are only efficient during the second half of the campaign. Remember, even a Guardian/Marauder gets enough powers to master the Stasis/Insanity/Storm chains in addition to all Force buffs and Heal (for emergencies/mishaps).

I've played several melee fighters on 'difficult' (Guardian/Weapon Master and Guardian/Marauder) and never needed a single medpack. Even Heal was needed only rarely, if I made tactical blunders.

SITH LORD

He has the best force powers but he prefers do not use the sword so much

(like Darth Sidious)

Marauder is the best swordfighter but his force powers are less...

-Do you want an all around character: try the assasin\whatchman

The Assasin is NOT an all around character you are making a mistake

His best chances of making bigger damage to the enemy is with stealth

and not with swordfighting and force powers

I meant it in the sense of a jack of all trades :-"

As he tends to be better in the force than a marauder and stronger combat-wise than a lord :p

... and Assassins / Sentinels also get the "surprise attack" bonus when attacking stunned enemies.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

it also depends on what class u choose at the start.

If consular i normally go with marauder b/c u already have force powers y not get more feats and attributes while ur at it?

sentinel can do w/e

you will experience problems though if you do that, as your force powers will be strong but the tougher enemies can resist them, while your attack is strong but lack the damage edge that a guardian/weaponmaster gives, so you are not as strong as you should be

my guardian/weaponmaster was taking 95% of sions hp in one hit :thumbsup:

I meant it in the sense of a jack of all trades :thumbsup:"

As he tends to be better in the force than a marauder and stronger combat-wise than a lord >_<

It's the other way round. The Assassin combines the spell casting abilities of the Marauder with the 'melee prowess' of a Sith Lord.

The minuscule FP advantage of the Assassin over the Marauder is so small as makes no odds; the thing that's needed (and which only Consular-type classes get) is Force DC to make spells stick against non-grunts, and extra spell damage can also be useful.

... and Assassins / Sentinels also get the "surprise attack" bonus when attacking stunned enemies.

6-36 extra Sneak Attack damage may look like a lot but it isn't:

- it applies only if enemies are stunned or surprised (or for the first round in a scuffle if you have Force Jump), so you don't get it when you need it the most

- Weapon Masters and Marauders get the Juyo form which adds an extra attack without any preconditions, for an extra 60-80 damage per round (depending on build). Class feats give another +8 dmg per attack for +48 per combat round, so even a middling Marauder does the same damage all the time that an Assassin does in a Sneak Attack round; alignment mastery and Fury add even more damage.

Face it, Assassins got a raw deal. The Sneak Attack damage bonus should have been turned into a multiplier-type bonus like that for crits (or at least doubled compared to what it is now), the Assassin should have gotten an ability like HiPS (Hide in Plain Sight) in NWN, and the combat scenes should have been staged to make the Assassin's abilities attractive.

I would be a sith lord because it is so cool to just go and crush enemies without raising a weapon.  Its the best thing about being dark, the powers :shifty:

I have to agree. Last time, I played consular/Sith Lord and.......my god.......if I remember correctly........from level 8 or 9 I never, repeat, NEVER, used the lightsaber. I even made it more realistic and never equiped it.

I had to use it only against 2 of the final bosses.

But if you choose this road, your wisdom must be very high.